What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Stagger eel

Staff member
PF, alot of members with the exception of a few have little understanding or next to no knowledge of what some of the current board members, who have been there for a good part of 20 years, have brought to the club. We didn't know about the amount of property development that the club had been involved with, until a member with inside knowledge revealed it to us in the past year or 2. Are the 3P group prepared to be more transparent with members than the current board when it comes to decision making that involves the use and investment of clubs funds? Will members be consulted prior to decisions bening made and if the need arises will the members be asked to vote on decisions which will effect the very fabric of the club?

Parra Future

Juniors
This post is for El Diablo. You made a comment to Highland Fling about thinking their may be more to it and why would you vote for someone because they made a phone call. Two things. Firstly, the guys on our ticket are making the effort which is more than the current board. They also don't have to make the effort but they are because they care about what the members may actually have to say. Of course we want votes, but it also gives us the opportunity to speak to people one on one and also hear their concerns or thoughts and be able to respond to them individually.

Secondly, Highling Fling states that it was Guru that rang him. I remember watching Guru play when I was a kid and I thought he was great. I never got to meet the man until a couple of months ago. Now I have the priveledge of talking to him every week. When people ask me what is Guru like, I tell them all the same thing. If you weren't a Parramatta supporter, I reckon Guru could turn you into one. He is one of those down to earth blokes who is genuinely interested in people. Come down next Sunday to meet the guy in person. I rate him highly and I guarantee anyone that gets the priviledge of meeting the man will think the same thing. Not just a legend on the field, one of it as well.

I'm guessing you have never had the chance to talk to Eric Snr before because otherwise you would know what effect he can have on people. He is the sort of bloke you want in the sheds at halftime talking to any of the backs that may be down and out. I don't mean this post as a rocket up you either. If Guru rings a person, I guarantee you it will not be manipulation or anything else, I don't believe he has it in him anyway. It is a kind of star power that the guy has. A down to earth decent bloke and I really hope you are able to attend next week to see for yourself.

strider

Post Whore
The current 3P ticket is extremely confident of new sponsors, new revenues, and alot of new ideas to take us forward profitability wise.

This bit makes me :D .... it seems there are little new ideas coming out of the current management of the club and things are stagnant .... and it amzed me a year or so back when I read an article that listed Parra towards the bottom of sponsorship revenue ... we are a club with a huge supporter base, how could we be lacking in sponsorship money? (sure we have bad periods on the field which doesn't help, but all clubs do)

Parra Future

Juniors
Stagger Eel,

Thanks for the question. TRANSPARENCY, TRANSPARENCY, TRANSPERANCY. You'll here that word bandied about alot by all involved in 3P. That is one of the catchphrases not to be used as a buzzword, but because we openly will be promoting it. One of things that we discussed just recently which I think I put on my first post (I think), was that we wanted more info going out to the members. Not just a once a year AGM. We talked about regular feedback to be provided by all. Members would be involved in a lot more fan days in different formats that we think would be more appealing with certain surprises to go along with them. In regards to letting all the members be involved in all the decisions, I think it would be BS for me to say that that would happen. It would sound good, but it would be BS. I believe the members would have a hell of a lot more say than they currently do, but some decisions may have to be made quickly and realistically, time may not permit some open forums on things. Also, sad but true, sometimes you have to make tough decisions. Again, I am speaking for myself here, but I do believe the members participation would be significantly higher than at present.

strider

Post Whore
Secondly, Highling Fling states that it was Guru that rang him. I remember watching Guru play when I was a kid and I thought he was great. I never got to meet the man until a couple of months ago. Now I have the priveledge of talking to him every week. When people ask me what is Guru like, I tell them all the same thing. If you weren't a Parramatta supporter, I reckon Guru could turn you into one. He is one of those down to earth blokes who is genuinely interested in people. Come down next Sunday to meet the guy in person. I rate him highly and I guarantee anyone that gets the priviledge of meeting the man will think the same thing. Not just a legend on the field, one of it as well.

I'm guessing you have never had the chance to talk to Eric Snr before because otherwise you would know what effect he can have on people. He is the sort of bloke you want in the sheds at halftime talking to any of the backs that may be down and out. I don't mean this post as a rocket up you either. If Guru rings a person, I guarantee you it will not be manipulation or anything else, I don't believe he has it in him anyway. It is a kind of star power that the guy has. A down to earth decent bloke and I really hope you are able to attend next week to see for yourself.

Interesting comments .... I've never personally met Eric Snr and thus don't know much of him other than the devastating player we all saw with the laid back attitude we heard about .... and tbh I kinda wondered what he'd be like on a board - he is not as outspoken as the other parra legends (perhaps thats a good thing :lol:)

Parra Future

Juniors
Strider,

I'm shouting this out to the heavens. Thanks for realising that good times are potentially in front of us. I'm going to sound like a broken record over the next week, but please, tell all the members you know to come down and vote and be heard. If no-one votes, we can't help out in a position of power to be able to do anything.

The whole reason I came on this website was because I knew some people wanted more info. That is what we want to achieve. Time's ticking. One week to go till election day, and I know Parra fans want success across the board. Shout it out in strength by voting next week that you want this change to occur so Parra can become the dominant force in the NRL that it once was and should be again.

El Diablo

Post Whore
This post is for El Diablo. You made a comment to Highland Fling about thinking their may be more to it and why would you vote for someone because they made a phone call.

i wasn't trying to have a go at him

just found Highland Flings comment weird.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thanks for that PF!

I'd also like your opinion or better still where the 3P group stands with private ownership or part ownership similar to the Manly/Delmage/Penn group..

will you guys be open minded to such a model which has proven to be more than successful for our arch rivals?

eeladdick

Juniors
when you say you are confident of new sponsors , are these sponsors only interested in Parra / 3p partnership or will they still be interested if this goes pear shaped ie the current board remain ?
also are we talking big bucks or just a local companies ?

murraymob

Coach
I haven't spoken to Brett today so he is not the one I am talking about. I'd rather just wait until he makes his appearance known. It's not Guru either, but I do know that Guru surfs the net a bit so he may pop in.

Damm could have got interesting if Brett was available

Stagger eel

Staff member
when you say you are confident of new sponsors , are these sponsors only interested in Parra / 3p partnership or will they still be interested if this goes pear shaped ie the current board remain ?
also are we talking big bucks or just a local companies ?

good question mate but can I expand in that and ask will the 3P group continue to work with Steven Edge in this department or are we looking at a different marketing model to promote our club to potential sponsors?

eeladdick

Juniors
good question mate but can I expand in that and ask will the 3P group continue to work with Steven Edge in this department or are we looking at a different marketing model to promote our club to potential sponsors?
i don't think that the question will be answered as it is personal and if its wrong and someone phones him and says i just read your gonna lose you job if 3p get in,
a bit to sensitive i think Stagger

Parra Future

Juniors
Stagger Eel,

One of the great things about our group is that we do work as a team. Nobody is belittled at meetings and everybody gets to say what they think. Your question in regards to the Delmege scenario is also something that we hadn't discussed. Again, personally, I don't think it is necessary due to the fact we KNOW we could make the club very profitable. The people that we know that would help the club are not looking at taking over it, they are looking at joining as sponsors. Alot of money could flow into the club. To get this money however, they want change which is what we are trying to achieve. We are not trying to achieve it for the money. We are trying to achieve it because we believe it is necessary. The additional sponsorship dollars that would flow due to our success would be an absolute huge bonus. I believe that Parra is run wrong from the Leagues club side of things. It could support the Eels team fully and still make a bucket load of profit. With that profit, obviously investments would be made. Not just into more profit making investments, but into our grassroots. Talk to the guys next Sunday. We are not trying to just eventually get control of the first grade side and a club. We want to assist right down to the smallest juniors. You'll feel the passion when you talk to Ray, Terry, Bert, Guru and the rest of the guys on the ticket and those supporting them. Look forward to meeting you.

Regards,

Col Green.

Suitman

Post Whore
Stagger Eel,

Thanks for the question. TRANSPARENCY, TRANSPARENCY, TRANSPERANCY. You'll here that word bandied about alot by all involved in 3P. That is one of the catchphrases not to be used as a buzzword, but because we openly will be promoting it. One of things that we discussed just recently which I think I put on my first post (I think), was that we wanted more info going out to the members. Not just a once a year AGM. We talked about regular feedback to be provided by all. Members would be involved in a lot more fan days in different formats that we think would be more appealing with certain surprises to go along with them. In regards to letting all the members be involved in all the decisions, I think it would be BS for me to say that that would happen. It would sound good, but it would be BS. I believe the members would have a hell of a lot more say than they currently do, but some decisions may have to be made quickly and realistically, time may not permit some open forums on things. Also, sad but true, sometimes you have to make tough decisions. Again, I am speaking for myself here, but I do believe the members participation would be significantly higher than at present.

Colin.

Firstly, thankyou for taking the time to converse with us. It is a major step in relations for us, the football club members.

I agree with your summation regarding football club members having a say.
Sometimes, people get a little excited about what they expect in situations like this.

We, as football club members, get to have our say at the AGM, when we elect the board. The board that is then empowered to make decisions on our behalf. I wouldn't expect to get any more say than that, other than being able to speak to a board member if a question arose.

I look forward to introducing myself and meeting both you, and the rest of the 3P ticket next Sunday morning.
I like my eggs sunny side up thanks.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
i don't think that the question will be answered as it is personal and if its wrong and someone phones him and says i just read your gonna lose you job if 3p get in,
a bit to sensitive i think Stagger

mm!! yeah true although I probably don't expect him to answer it directly but I will be asking the question next sunday, but maybe you're right, maybe I got too ahead of myself with that one.

Parra Future

Juniors
Eeladdick,

In regards to sponsorships, again a bit of care needs to be taken in my comments in regards to what we can bring, and what happens if we don't make it (Which lets not think of that possibility). In regards to if we don't make it, well these sponsors are not currently sponsoring the club because of certain things they dislike. Sorry I can not be more specific on that side of things. On the issue of WHEN we get in, the sponsorship dollars would be big. Both from a Parramatta Local area and also some big name Aussie companies. At this point in time, it would be unfeasable to name people and I would not wish to jeopardise any deals that we currently have in place. What I will say is that WHEN we get in, we will not have a problem spending the full allocation of a salary cap. Funds will not be an issue.

Hope this helps.

eeladdick

Juniors
Eeladdick,

In regards to sponsorships, again a bit of care needs to be taken in my comments in regards to what we can bring, and what happens if we don't make it (Which lets not think of that possibility). In regards to if we don't make it, well these sponsors are not currently sponsoring the club because of certain things they dislike. Sorry I can not be more specific on that side of things. On the issue of WHEN we get in, the sponsorship dollars would be big. Both from a Parramatta Local area and also some big name Aussie companies. At this point in time, it would be unfeasable to name people and I would not wish to jeopardise any deals that we currently have in place. What I will say is that WHEN we get in, we will not have a problem spending the full allocation of a salary cap. Funds will not be an issue.

Hope this helps.
mate the word funds will not be an issue is the kind of stuff we need to hear and reading some of these responses has me all excited , I do hope , that the 3P ticket is successful and you get to show us the new parra ,
I reckon a change is needed but that is just my opinion ,
Just one other thing that springs to mind if the board changes would there be any reasons for us to worry about our new coach, ie is he here due to the current and does he have a get out clause

Parra Future

Juniors
Guys & Girls,

My little boy just woke up so I am going to go spend some quality time with him till he goes back to sleep. I should be back online just after 8pm. If you've got any questions or want a chat, I'll deal with it then.

Until then, it has been a pleasure. By the way, the special guest is Terry Leabeater. I'm guessing he has got tied up. He should be on soon. Take it easy.

Regards,

Col Green.

Latest posts