What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Suitman

Post Whore
I have a question about the leagues club vote that will happen later on .... not necessarily aimed at the 3P guys - anyone can answer

Don't hold your breath about an answer from the current board.
I'd reckon an answer from 3P will be your best bet.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Also - is there a waiting period to vote for the leagues club board? ... the whole 3 yr thing?

strider

Post Whore
Don't hold your breath about an answer from the current board.
I'd reckon an answer from 3P will be your best bet.

Suity
:lol: .... no I meant any of us nuffies can answer too :lol: ... and sure enough fish did :lol:

emjaycee

Coach
Question: If elected, will 3P directors (regardless of how many get elected) GUARANTEE to send all PDRLFC members (voting and non-voting) a plain and simple EELS sticker for our cars so we can show our passion for our club and stop seeing only pesky little rabbits around Sydney?

This should have nothing to do with the NRL team, the Leagues club or anything other than "Proud to support the EELS" because at the end of the day whether we like the current scenario of 2 clubs or not, we are proud to support the EELS.

johnkolc

Juniors
I believe so.

Thank the sweet Lord I can vote in one of these elections (well done to the 18 year old me that got a perpetual Leagues Club membership!).

I have pretty high hopes for the LC elections regardless of what happens on Sunday, I reckon the bar/expectations have been raised, as well as the profile of 3P and that April election could be quite a shakeup.

Does this raise the question of proxies etc. at the Leagues Club elections?

Parra Future

Juniors
And I've already questioned that part of the campaign. Unfortunately, the buck was passed by Colin Green to Eric Grothe, and eventually, it was ignored.

But surely, the 3P ticket cannot give out ALL their information. I believe that Colin has spoon fed us enough promises, that if not fulfilled, will ensure that 3P get the boot at the next election.

This is an election deciding the future of the club.
3P will want to back up their rhetoric, otherwise they'll be held accountable.

Suity

You just nailed it on the head Suity. We have made promises. Realistically under the current guidelines, we would have 2 years to come good, unless we got a motion passed bringing voting rights to one year. In which case we would have one year to make things good. But at least we would have the opportunity to deliver on what we have said all along. Lets not forget, our jobs would be alot easier, if we took the Leagues Club as well. Taking the football club and then maybe not the Leagues Club could lead to alot of inefficiency if the Leagues Club does not allow us the funding that they provide due to the fact that they currently oversee First Grade. As stated all along, this is Step one in a bigger picture. If you are coming on Sunday, I will be their at 8am at the latest. Single me out so I can talk to you at length.

^b0ss^

Juniors
parrafuture.

you just keep going m8 .....your going to get the odd troll on here...and the best advice i can give is answer the questions of the people you know arnt trolling.
MITS has been pushing buttons since you arrived.

as i said before he tends to take offence to everything said to him ....yet believe no one should react to anything he says.

he is a troll and your better off not answering any of his questions.As you know he is one vote and we all know this is not a swing voter.

all the best m8. i feel your Passion!!!

Parra Future

Juniors
I dont necessarily accept the argument the Leagues Club vote will be harder to win.

In fact, it could be easier than the football club. The football club has a smaller vote base - but a good portion of that will be already captured by the current board.

The Leagues Club has a bigger electorate, and while some of the base vote is captured by the current board, in terms of percentage it is probably not as great as what they hold in the football club elections.

Most people dont vote in the leagues club elections. Because voting occurs over several dates, you have, IMO, a greater chance to convince people of the need to vote. A big turn out from first time voters could swamp the board.

Your comments above are what I believe to be the case as well. I agree 1000%. Football Club is alot harder to win than the Leagues Club. The funny thing is, that both have been realisitcally unchallenged for a long time when you look at the results. The good news for everyone is that if we do fail in this campaign, maybe we have provided a good enough scare factor for the current guys to get a bit more pro-active.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Parrafuture

you get down there on the 14th and give ya all m8 ......you guys can win this....

bartman

Immortal
Your comments above are what I believe to be the case as well. I agree 1000%. Football Club is alot harder to win than the Leagues Club. The funny thing is, that both have been realisitcally unchallenged for a long time when you look at the results. The good news for everyone is that if we do fail in this campaign, maybe we have provided a good enough scare factor for the current guys to get a bit more pro-active.
I sure you have.

And I'm sure sizeable sections of the fans are awakened and energised as to how to keep their elected Board members more accountable in the future. That alone, if nothing else, will have been worth it.

eels81236

Bench
No it is not an Oxy-MORON, and yes an opinion can be wrong.

If for example you were to say that in your opinion there is no gravity and that the world is flat then you would be WRONG. ;-)

but the "correctness" of said gravity can be proven.

didnt see the upper case moron coming champ. originality is the key i guess

eels81236

Bench
Also, ignoring the fact that there has been NO campaign from the other campaigners.

Suity

i have stated on numerous occasions that BOTH campaigns have been attrocious.

i would love to remove the incumbents. nothing would shake the place up more. buti just dont think that 3p have proven to me they are the correct choice to take over. hopefullly the choices next time round suit me better.

Suitman

Post Whore
i have stated on numerous occasions that BOTH campaigns have been attrocious.

i would love to remove the incumbents. nothing would shake the place up more. buti just dont think that 3p have proven to me they are the correct choice to take over. hopefullly the choices next time round suit me better.

As an alternative, I ask you.......what would you desire?

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Question: If elected, will 3P directors (regardless of how many get elected) GUARANTEE to send all PDRLFC members (voting and non-voting) a plain and simple EELS sticker for our cars so we can show our passion for our club and stop seeing only pesky little rabbits around Sydney?

Indeed. I'm so sick of seeing those stickers!! :lol:

Suity

Jodeci

Bench
It's taken me all day to read 644 posts whilst at work.

Firstly to the 3P boys, thanks for coming on and giving us your time to answers some questions and have chats.

We all have our opinions and thoughts on how the club can be better managed and run from not only a financial aspect but passion and pride also counts.

We all know Fitzy has the edge at the moment as he will wine and dine some of his "favourite mates" to get their votes which has been happening for years.

To a few of the regulars here, MITS you dont have to be technical on answering questions or commenting on facts and figures. We all know you have the knowledge so use it wisely. Stagger I actually agree on your few comments that you have posted regarding DF.

Best of Luck to everyone on Sunday and lets hope us FANS can have a say after all we are the reason why this team exists. We are the customers/consumers at the end of the day.

eels81236

Bench
As an alternative, I ask you.......what would you desire?

Suity

a party that doesnt necessarily contain said footy players. a party that ensures that their constituents know who they are, what they are about and how they will achieve things. a party that hasnt left the major part of their campaigning to the final weeks, in an internet forum. a party that makes me think that they are better prepared and more professional than the incumbents.
remember its not the job of the incumbents to be voted out. its the job of the "rebels" to prove to me there is no other alternative to voting them in. in this case i think its better the devil you know. hopefully come next election there will be alternative tickets that i can vote for that really capture my imagination.
3P need to be the better alternative, not just the only alternative.

TheRam

Coach
but the "correctness" of said gravity can be proven.

didnt see the upper case moron coming champ. originality is the key i guess

My friend who gives a frog about originality, and I am yet to see yours, but more to the point, you are still WRONG. No matter how you try to deflect that FACT.