What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Suitman

Post Whore
a party that doesnt necessarily contain said footy players. a party that ensures that their constituents know who they are, what they are about and how they will achieve things. a party that hasnt left the major part of their campaigning to the final weeks, in an internet forum. a party that makes me think that they are better prepared and more professional than the incumbents.
remember its not the job of the incumbents to be voted out. its the job of the "rebels" to prove to me there is no other alternative to voting them in. in this case i think its better the devil you know. hopefully come next election there will be alternative tickets that i can vote for that really capture my imagination.
3P need to be the better alternative, not just the only alternative.

Nice reply, and thanks for taking the time.

I respect your opinion, and also expect that you have made up your mind regardless, and this has been obvious in your posts, but that's also fine. I have no problem with that.

Having digested your answer though, I'd love to know what you would expect from an alternative ticket?

You have made it clear that the 3P campaign doesn't meet your expectations, so I'd like to know what would?

Suity

Bigfella

Coach
a party that doesnt necessarily contain said footy players. a party that ensures that their constituents know who they are, what they are about and how they will achieve things. a party that hasnt left the major part of their campaigning to the final weeks, in an internet forum. a party that makes me think that they are better prepared and more professional than the incumbents.
remember its not the job of the incumbents to be voted out. its the job of the "rebels" to prove to me there is no other alternative to voting them in. in this case i think its better the devil you know. hopefully come next election there will be alternative tickets that i can vote for that really capture my imagination.
3P need to be the better alternative, not just the only alternative.

I reckon a few of us are thinking it mate, so I'll say it.

You have had n othing positive to say, and your comments have been heavily skewed against 3P. I think a lot of people will be suspicious about your motives, especially as of your 170 odd posts about 60 of them appear to have been related to the election, and mostly to say something negative about 3P.

I certainly don't understand your criticism of their campaign not being professional enough. This is not the US elections where multi billionaires fund campaigns in concert with huge corporate backing. These are people who care about the club using their own money and time while balancing full time careers and families.

Mocking some of them for having had "menial" jobs is embarrassing to your position and insulting to some legends of this club.

Questioning their right to make critical comments while exercising your own right to do so ad nauseum (and anaonymously) is hypocritical.

These people are at least pulling their fingers out to offer an alternative. You have been unbalanced in your criticism to the extent that a few people would suspect you have some personal agenda; whether an alignment with the incumbents or personal issues with some of 3P.

I think you'll find that not many people like seeing people putting in that type of effort being shot down with cheap shots.

Suitman

Post Whore

You have had n othing positive to say, and your comments have been heavily skewed against 3P. I think a lot of people will be suspicious about your motives, especially as of your 170 odd posts about 60 of them appear to have been related to the election, and mostly to say something negative about 3P.

I certainly don't understand your criticism of their campaign not being professional enough. This is not the US elections where multi billionaires fund campaigns in concert with huge corporate backing. These are people who care about the club using their own money and time while balancing full time careers and families.

Mocking some of them for having had "menial" jobs is embarrassing to your position and insulting to some legends of this club.

Questioning their right to make critical comments while exercising your own right to do so ad nauseum (and anaonymously) is hypocritical.

These people are at least pulling their fingers out to offer an alternative. You have been unbalanced in your criticism to the extent that a few people would suspect you have some personal agenda; whether an alignment with the incumbents or personal issues with some of 3P.

I think you'll find that not many people like seeing people putting in that type of effort being shot down with cheap shots.

Bigfella, I think I love you.

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach

:clap::clap:

Suitman

Post Whore

Having read this twice over, I'm convinced this could also have been directed elswhere.

Suity

eels81236

Bench
3P,

by changing footy club elections to every 12 months, does this allow you, or any other tickets elected in future, enough time to implement your strategic plans? Especially when we see an entirely new board and economic/financial structures implemented thereafter?
is a 12 month term long enough for a board to be "given a fair run" in implementing changes in structure? more importantly, is it enough time to see the tangible fruits of such restructures or changes. is 12 months long enough for a new board to take effect and begin to see tangible results?
financial and business plans, as you know, dont last just 12 months. Is it beneficial for our sponsors etc to have a longer association with a particular board than to potentially swap none, some or all them once a year?

Parra Future

Juniors
It's taken me all day to read 644 posts whilst at work.

Firstly to the 3P boys, thanks for coming on and giving us your time to answers some questions and have chats.

We all have our opinions and thoughts on how the club can be better managed and run from not only a financial aspect but passion and pride also counts.

We all know Fitzy has the edge at the moment as he will wine and dine some of his "favourite mates" to get their votes which has been happening for years.

To a few of the regulars here, MITS you dont have to be technical on answering questions or commenting on facts and figures. We all know you have the knowledge so use it wisely. Stagger I actually agree on your few comments that you have posted regarding DF.

Best of Luck to everyone on Sunday and lets hope us FANS can have a say after all we are the reason why this team exists. We are the customers/consumers at the end of the day.

Jodeci,

I appreciated your post above. Sometimes, it is good to hear people appreciating others efforts. Thanks for the support. No matter who wins, we all win in the end.

TheRam

Coach
Your comments above are what I believe to be the case as well. I agree 1000%. Football Club is alot harder to win than the Leagues Club. The funny thing is, that both have been realisitcally unchallenged for a long time when you look at the results. The good news for everyone is that if we do fail in this campaign, maybe we have provided a good enough scare factor for the current guys to get a bit more pro-active.

Parra Future,

I would love to believe that, but I think that by their very nature cronyism does not change to much. When they feel the threat has past, then old habits die hard.

Besides they just aren't good enough, or we would have seen it already. I mean no one doubts their loyalty in regards to Parra, but more their ability & enthusiasm in bringing new ideas and a fresh approach to the club as a whole e.t.c.

eels81236

Bench
Nice reply, and thanks for taking the time.

I respect your opinion, and also expect that you have made up your mind regardless, and this has been obvious in your posts, but that's also fine. I have no problem with that.

Having digested your answer though, I'd love to know what you would expect from an alternative ticket?

You have made it clear that the 3P campaign doesn't meet your expectations, so I'd like to know what would?

Suity

No dramas suity. i would love to vote out the incumbents. i really would.
i will get shot down for this i know but...
OK, OK. its the 3 footy players. I morally cant put the future of MY club in their hands.
pricey has taken every opportunity to bag DF and the club, (through the media mind you), in the past. in my opinion, you dont talk ill of your family in public and you certainly dont scream it to your neighbours. in my opinion, a better man than he would keep his obviously damaging thoughts to himself. my opinion of him as a footy player will never change. i also dont want a guy with financial history as one of my directors.
guru is nothing but a marketable face in this campaign. you have even stated yourself suity that he has dropped the ball when parra future passed it on to him. he told us nothing. he has stated that he has no idea how the wenty and junior systems work, yet wants to be on the footy club board? he wants to advise on player recruitment but didnt realise that it was the coaches job not DF. he just wants to "do my little bit to help. I think we can do better than little bits to help.
kenny has never had any intention to return to parra other than in a coaching role. he stated that he didnt have enough time (whilst bagging us in the paper). then when the professionalism of the 3p ticket discovered that leabetter wasnt even a member :lol:, kenny suddenly found enough time. daylight savings perhaps?

maybe i'm an idiot suity, but i would much prefer 7 businessmen on the board than the footy players. they definately have a place in the club, but its just not on the board right now. the economic climate, the rugby league climate, the registered clubs climate etc all tell me that it is too great a risk with these 3 guys. i will repeat....if they hadnt played for parra we would all be laughing at their credentials and resumes.

get me 7 real alternatives and i vote the incumbents out tomorrow

Suitman

Post Whore
OK, OK. its the 3 footy players. I morally cant put the future of MY club in their hands.
pricey has taken every opportunity to bag DF and the club, (through the media mind you), in the past. in my opinion, you dont talk ill of your family in public and you certainly dont scream it to your neighbours. in my opinion, a better man than he would keep his obviously damaging thoughts to himself. my opinion of him as a footy player will never change. i also dont want a guy with financial history as one of my directors.
guru is nothing but a marketable face in this campaign. you have even stated yourself suity that he has dropped the ball when parra future passed it on to him. he told us nothing. he has stated that he has no idea how the wenty and junior systems work, yet wants to be on the footy club board? he wants to advise on player recruitment but didnt realise that it was the coaches job not DF. he just wants to "do my little bit to help. I think we can do better than little bits to help.
kenny has never had any intention to return to parra other than in a coaching role. he stated that he didnt have enough time (whilst bagging us in the paper). then when the professionalism of the 3p ticket discovered that leabetter wasnt even a member :lol:, kenny suddenly found enough time. daylight savings perhaps?

maybe i'm an idiot suity, but i would much prefer 7 businessmen on the board than the footy players. they definately have a place in the club, but its just not on the board right now. the economic climate, the rugby league climate, the registered clubs climate etc all tell me that it is too great a risk with these 3 guys. i will repeat....if they hadnt played for parra we would all be laughing at their credentials and resumes.

It's a pleasant change to hear someone argue their point with some reasoning. I may not agree with it, but, I can understand where you are coming from.

Thankyou eels81236.

I have similar fears about certain aspects of your comments, but I feel that we can't move forward without some sort of change.

I'd like to think, after the respecectable comments you have made, that you are open and willing to at least give the current board a fright.

Suity

mickdo

Coach

If that's the case, vote for the other 4 on the ticket. It doesn't really sound like you'll ever get a ticket of 7 that will satisfy you because a ticket has to have a mix, and they need big name footy players on it to get people interested. It's just the way it is.