What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

bartman

Immortal
should they have run only 5 candidates?the votes that 3p receive to their 6 and 7 ranked candidates are really just wasted votes. the incumbents dont get them but neither really does 3p. does that make sense?
Col said that they could have chosen to include two incumbents as their 6 & 7, but instead want the members to make that choice with their votes.

Makes sense to me. See, they knew exactly what they were doing all the time ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
should they have run only 5 candidates?the votes that 3p receive to their 6 and 7 ranked candidates are really just wasted votes. the incumbents dont get them but neither really does 3p. does that make sense?

Absolutely it does.

It sends the strongest possible message to the current board.
BTW, You didn't answer my question.

Suity

Parra Future

Juniors
ok so it is broke as many claim. if my car gets a scratch on it, i get it fixed, or atleast that part or area gets fixed or resprayed. it would want to be a bloody good spray job for me to get my whole car redone. metallic paint, clear laquered in a pearl colour should do it. i dont think the 3p ticket can give me that paint job, especially with the 3 "visual arts" students working on the back end. especially when one of them has already painted a car red that should have been blue.

Two things for everyone.

One the current mob have not given things a scratch. There has been a head on collision with near fatalities. It aint broke, it's stuck in reverse.

Secondly,

A few people (Again, I only said a few, not all) keep bringing up issues with Ray's past business dealings, Guru and what can he bring and Bert and his availability.) I am happy to discuss whatever issues that you all want to know how to be plan on doing this or that and talking at length with the people able to come this Sunday, or prior to then online. However, I think it is a disgrace to shoot down the three individuals that I have just mentioned above. If you don't like them. Don't vote for them. We as a group will continue to work together and will try to answer every question that we have. I know Ben Malouf has now come online which is good and same for Bob Gare as well. I will keep answering the questions, but I feel at this point, any personal attack's on Guru or the others, and I will just stop using the site all together. We are not launching attacks on Gethro or the Doc or Jurd or Ritchie etc. I know Don Ritchie. Don is a nice bloke too. The most important thing is not what Don Ritchie has done in his past, its what is he going to do in the future. The same theory should be used for Ray, Bert & Guru. These guys are legends and deserve a bit of respect for what they have already done for the club. And after 20 years, they still put there hands up and say I want to do more. To me, thats worth defending. I've already made personal contact with a number of you and provided my mobile number to you all. If I do cease using the site for whatever reason, please feel free to give me a call and I will try to answer your questions and you can post them online to share with the others if you wish.

This whole post is not about eels81236 either. I just wanted to use the quote up top. We have all had a bit of fun on here and I reckon it is totally great for communication. I've had my own little runin with MITS wich provided my humour for the day and I have seen a lot of people show their opinions which is fantastic. The guys in 3P will continue to help. I feel at present that I may be more a liability to the group and start becoming a hindrance so I will start to backoff. The problem that I seem to have is that I draw a line on what is tolerable and what is not. Direct remarks like some that I have read this evening regarding Ray, Bert & especially Guru are not on. I will however continue to try to answer people's questions where there has been no disrepect shown to the candidates. Sorry to be blunt and I hope you guys all understand.

eels81236

Bench
Two things for everyone.

I will just stop using the site all together. .

If I do cease using the site for whatever reason, please feel free to give me a call and I will try to answer your questions and you can post them online to share with the others if you wish.

c,mon col

dont do that. i will not make another comment. the floor is all yours, kind sir. tell the people what they want to hear. i will sleek away to the back of the room, being scalded by my peers.

Suitman

Post Whore
which q would that be sorry suity?

It's a pleasant change to hear someone argue their point with some reasoning. I may not agree with it, but, I can understand where you are coming from.

Thankyou eels81236.

I have similar fears about certain aspects of your comments, but I feel that we can't move forward without some sort of change.

I'd like to think, after the respecectable comments you have made, that you are open and willing to at least give the current board a fright.

Suity

This one, but it wasn't so much as a question but an inquiry requesting a reply. :lol:

Suity

eeladdick

Juniors
c,mon col
dont do that. i will not make another comment. the floor is all yours, kind sir. tell the people what they want to hear. i will sleek away to the back of the room, being scalded by my peers.

smart arse comments like this make me wonder what your motifs are and more importantly WHO you are,
It is quite clear you have an alternative agenda and are here only to bag peoples opinions,
maybe you should be on the other thread that is headlined
" An invitation for the current board"
that might be more helpful for us when numbering the form on sunday...
I would also like to mention when you first posted on this thread ,earlier over the weekend ,
quote #108
Unfortunately, the fact that most of the campaigning (from either party) has been done in this thread, on this relatively little known chat forum is absolutely laughable. I know that there is a link to this forum doing the rounds via email already ridiculing the club for the current situation.
for a little known Chat Forum that is laughable you have spent a lot of time on here and placed a lot of posts,:lol::lol:

just an opinion i have
cheers

newmanj

Juniors
Thank god this election is over on Sunday, so that these forums can go back to what they were, barely a week ago. A committed bunch of supporters, who support the team, no matter the player, the coach, the CEO, or whatever. The amount of drivel i have read in this thread in particular in the last week, leaves me looking forward to the election, if only to see the back of the campaigning.

Bring on Monday the 15th December, so we can start listing our starting lineups again, our useless polls, and our sometimes homourous (sometimes not!) posts again.

the guru

Juniors
No dramas suity. i would love to vote out the incumbents. i really would.
i will get shot down for this i know but...
OK, OK. its the 3 footy players. I morally cant put the future of MY club in their hands.
pricey has taken every opportunity to bag DF and the club, (through the media mind you), in the past. in my opinion, you dont talk ill of your family in public and you certainly dont scream it to your neighbours. in my opinion, a better man than he would keep his obviously damaging thoughts to himself. my opinion of him as a footy player will never change. i also dont want a guy with financial history as one of my directors.
guru is nothing but a marketable face in this campaign. you have even stated yourself suity that he has dropped the ball when parra future passed it on to him. he told us nothing. he has stated that he has no idea how the wenty and junior systems work, yet wants to be on the footy club board? he wants to advise on player recruitment but didnt realise that it was the coaches job not DF. he just wants to "do my little bit to help. I think we can do better than little bits to help.
kenny has never had any intention to return to parra other than in a coaching role. he stated that he didnt have enough time (whilst bagging us in the paper). then when the professionalism of the 3p ticket discovered that leabetter wasnt even a member :lol:, kenny suddenly found enough time. daylight savings perhaps?

maybe i'm an idiot suity, but i would much prefer 7 businessmen on the board than the footy players. they definately have a place in the club, but its just not on the board right now. the economic climate, the rugby league climate, the registered clubs climate etc all tell me that it is too great a risk with these 3 guys. i will repeat....if they hadnt played for parra we would all be laughing at their credentials and resumes.

get me 7 real alternatives and i vote the incumbents out tomorrow

you have a real problem if you think i have a marketable face . is it possible to see a face behind these comments .

Bigfella

Coach
Firstly, I'd like to say that page 44 kind of creeped me out a bit.

Secondly, I think it is a cheap argument to contend that people with lack of experience are necessarily going to fail.

In fact, Dennis F's greatest period of success at this club came when he was at his least experienced.

As years went on and he has padded out his CV and his tenure, he has, like many members of the board, gotten complacent and comfortable.

The alternate ticket is about shaking that complacency up and reinvigorating the club.

And where is the risk that Pete and eels81236 speak of?

Is there a real risk that we win LESS comps in the next 22 years?

If DF can't guarantee we'll be around in 5 years - how can a change do any worse - will they see us off in 4?

Is there a risk that they will lose say 20 million on a soccer venture? Or 30 million on real estate deals?

Is that the risk we face by not maintaining the status quo?

forward pass

Coach

Secondly, I think it is a cheap argument to contend that people with lack of experience are necessarily going to fail.

In fact, Dennis F's greatest period of success at this club came when he was at his least experienced.

As years went on and he has padded out his CV and his tenure, he has, like many members of the board, gotten complacent and comfortable.

The alternate ticket is about shaking that complacency up and reinvigorating the club.

If DF can't guarantee we'll be around in 5 years - how can a change do any worse - will they see us off in 4?

Is there a risk that they will lose say 20 million on a soccer venture? Or 30 million on real estate deals?

I love your work Bigfella !!!

The Colonel

Immortal

That is pretty much the crux of the matter..... do you risk the same or do you risk something new?

I agree with everyone 22 years is a long time to wait for a premiership, it might even be longer than that regardless of who gets in.

I also agree that the future of the club, needs to be assured, and that the 5 year comment from Mr. Fitzgerald as an agent for the board in regards to funding was exceptionally disturbing.

I would think these are the two biggest things that would concern Parramatta Fans.

I do however do not see how these are questions to the Football club board apart from the boards being the same.

People want change I have no doubt of that. I believe from the comments here that they are thirsty for change, and to use a Sorkin like statement, will drink the sand because they are so thirsty.

Change can be good, it can be renewing and it can be refreshing, I am sure we all know that, my biggest question is how are the 3P ticket change for the better?

I have read my Annual Report and Concise Financial Report for the last 9 years or so that I have been a football club member, including the information about who the Current Directors are and their Resume's I just can’t see how the resume's provided by 3P for their directors stack up against that information.

How are 3P going to change the club to make the best performing district reps club in the NSWRL over the past 12 years better? As the Board they are running for, has only the NSWRL sides as its sphere of influence?

I have heard nothing in my campaign letters about that, with the exception of 2 lines about asking a question about, how are we retaining local juniors and questioning spending to junior rugby league, I can ask these questions when I go to the junior Rep games, why do I need a board to ask them for me?

The 3P ticket talk about having a large backing of skilled and dedicated, members of business and politics and all other manner of things, but how does that help them in a Board Room with 6 other men and the CEO in making a decision on an NSWRL matter?

It seems to me 3P only want to talk about the Parramatta Eels NRL side, and in my opinion I think the members of our football club are smart enough to know whose responsibility that side is.

dazeely

First Grade
Whatever you do MITS, don't take sides against the mainstream views..Go with the flow..Be a yes man......

From what I can gather the 3Ps have plenty of rhetoric but not much substance.
I would like to know the answer to this...What has Fitzy done to deserve this huge push to oust him??? Is it because he tells it like it is?

fmd Pete. same negative crap. :(

parra pete

Referee
I find it hard to believe that replacing the current members of the Board with a ticket led by three ex footballers is going to make the NRL team more competitive on the field of play.
Do Brett, Guru and Ray Price have more business experience than Don Ritchie, Chris Jurd and Michael Johnson?

The Colonel

Immortal
I find it hard to believe that replacing the current members of the Board with a ticket led by three ex footballers is going to make the NRL team more competitive on the field of play.
Do Brett, Guru and Ray Price have more business experience than Don Ritchie, Chris Jurd and Michael Johnson?

So we sit back and wait five years and hope between now and then they find something to save what won't exist according to Denis?

^b0ss^

Juniors
they have more then had there chance ......and not only the dont give the members the time of day.
i think the members are fed up with not feeling apart of the club.

parra pete

Referee
So we sit back and wait five years and hope between now and then they find something to save what won't exist according to Denis?

Fitzy didn't say it WON'T exist...He said he couldn't guarantee it.
Can you, given the state of the economy now.
Ten years ago would you have said St George would have been a stand alone Club for life?

And answer this -If Pricey doesn't get elected - or even if he does..can he guarantee that he won't pull the place down by bagging it NEGATIVELY in the Press every time he opens his mouth?