What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

mickdo

Coach
I agree with everyone 22 years is a long time to wait for a premiership, it might even be longer than that regardless of who gets in.

I also agree that the future of the club, needs to be assured, and that the 5 year comment from Mr. Fitzgerald as an agent for the board in regards to funding was exceptionally disturbing.

I would think these are the two biggest things that would concern Parramatta Fans.

I do however do not see how these are questions to the Football club board apart from the boards being the same.

People want change I have no doubt of that. I believe from the comments here that they are thirsty for change, and to use a Sorkin like statement, will drink the sand because they are so thirsty.

Change can be good, it can be renewing and it can be refreshing, I am sure we all know that, my biggest question is how are the 3P ticket change for the better?

I have read my Annual Report and Concise Financial Report for the last 9 years or so that I have been a football club member, including the information about who the Current Directors are and their Resume's I just can’t see how the resume's provided by 3P for their directors stack up against that information.

How are 3P going to change the club to make the best performing district reps club in the NSWRL over the past 12 years better? As the Board they are running for, has only the NSWRL sides as its sphere of influence?

I have heard nothing in my campaign letters about that, with the exception of 2 lines about asking a question about, how are we retaining local juniors and questioning spending to junior rugby league, I can ask these questions when I go to the junior Rep games, why do I need a board to ask them for me?

The 3P ticket talk about having a large backing of skilled and dedicated, members of business and politics and all other manner of things, but how does that help them in a Board Room with 6 other men and the CEO in making a decision on an NSWRL matter?

It seems to me 3P only want to talk about the Parramatta Eels NRL side, and in my opinion I think the members of our football club are smart enough to know whose responsibility that side is.

Mark, you are being very clever in trying to seperate the two boards as much as possible, but the facts are that 3P will need to get on BOTH in order to change anything, and that means the records of BOTH are relevant to BOTH elections, and 3P have to start somewhere. Otherwise you may as well just give the current board the job for life (perhaps that's what you want?). The current board and CEO have made some very smart manoeuvres to make it even more difficult to remove themselves. That should not be used as an excuse against trying.

TheRam

Coach
Firstly, I'd like to say that page 44 kind of creeped me out a bit.

Secondly, I think it is a cheap argument to contend that people with lack of experience are necessarily going to fail.

In fact, Dennis F's greatest period of success at this club came when he was at his least experienced.

As years went on and he has padded out his CV and his tenure, he has, like many members of the board, gotten complacent and comfortable.

The alternate ticket is about shaking that complacency up and reinvigorating the club.

And where is the risk that Pete and eels81236 speak of?

Is there a real risk that we win LESS comps in the next 22 years?

If DF can't guarantee we'll be around in 5 years - how can a change do any worse - will they see us off in 4?

Is there a risk that they will lose say 20 million on a soccer venture? Or 30 million on real estate deals?

Is that the risk we face by not maintaining the status quo?

Not to mention being one of the least sponsored clubs and running at a 4 million dollar annual loss.

Note: MITS I know the NRL side is not under the football club banner, but it is the same gurus(sorry Guru) that you have soooo much faith in that run the LC too. ;-)

Champion administrators, reminds me of governments that constantly run deficits and keep asking to be voted in...and the funny thing is, there are enough MITS's in this world that allow this happen more times then not.

fish eel

Immortal
Fitzy didn't say it WON'T exist...He said he couldn't guarantee it.
Can you, given the state of the economy now.
Ten years ago would you have said St George would have been a stand alone Club for life?

And answer this -If Pricey doesn't get elected - or even if he does..can he guarantee that he won't pull the place down by bagging it NEGATIVELY in the Press every time he opens his mouth?

One question for you Pete.

Can you point to the last time Denis Fitzgerald made a public comment that shed the club, and it's future, in a positive light?

parra pete

Referee
they have more then had there chance ......and not only the dont give the members the time of day.
i think the members are fed up with not feeling apart of the club.

What do you want them to do...hold your hands at every game?
Get out on the piss with you at the Club. How do you think Pricey, Bert and Guru will make you feel more a part of the Eels. Because they are telling you now????
I have supported the Club since 1959..I don't feel I'm not part of the Club..I love it, and am proud of being a supporter...

parra pete

Referee
Just off the top of my head....On the announcement of Anderson as coach..
When was the last time Ray said something positive about anything...

The Colonel

Immortal
Fitzy didn't say it WON'T exist...He said he couldn't guarantee it.
Can you, given the state of the economy now.
Ten years ago would you have said St George would have been a stand alone Club for life?

Ten years ago they merged pete, 23rd September 1998. Twenty years ago perhaps? I don't know..... not really as interested in their survival as I am Parramatta's. As it stands it seems that 3P can seemingly bring in sponsor support. Does that guarantee them beyond five years? Not sure, but it would be nice to know rather than sitting back and waiting and blaming the pokie tax.

If Fitzy can't guarantee it then why should he still be there? Because he's done a good enough job that he can't guarantee the future of the club?

parra pete said:
And answer this -If Pricey doesn't get elected - or even if he does..can he guarantee that he won't pull the place down by bagging it NEGATIVELY in the Press every time he opens his mouth?

Like Fitzy? Don't know....

parra pete

Referee
Why say it at all??? I don't hear other CEO's ringing the doomsday bell on their clubs!

He said it well before the economy turned

I agree. We didn't hear Clubs like Cronulla saying it..Or the Bears or Illawarra or Balmain or Wests, or St George, or Newtown....Pity for them...

What happens if the Leagues Club hits the wall and can't fund the NRL team?????

"Oh that won't happen"...Try telling that to the Big American Banks that were under the same impression......

TheRam

Coach
i Find It Hard To Believe That Replacing The Current Members Of The Board With A Ticket Led By Three Ex Footballers Is Going To Make The Nrl Team More Competitive On The Field Of Play.
Do Brett, Guru And Ray Price Have More Business Experience Than Don Ritchie, Chris Jurd And Michael Johnson?

Believe!!!

mickdo

Coach
I agree. We didn't hear Clubs like Cronulla saying it..Or the Bears or Illawarra or Balmain or Wests, or St George, or Newtown....Pity for them...

"Oh that won't happen"...Try telling that to the Big American Banks that were under the same impression......

What sort of an answer is that? Publicly professing doom is NOT going to fix the problem!!!

emjaycee

Coach
FMD it seems to me that this election has shown 2 basic sides to the same argument amongst forumites.

One is the argument about change for changes sake which isnt necessarily a bad thing and seems to be supported by a majority on here.

The other is simply that change without due diligence to the result that the change will bring is not necessarily a good thing. And this is where I see MITS, ParraPete, Eels81236 and some others coming down in favour of. They want to simply ensure that the change will be for the better before deciding on who to support.

I dont really think any of us believe that things should continue exactly as they are at the Board, Structure and Management level - a change is in the wind one way or the other.

TheRam

Coach

Ah Pete, don't know if you read a paper lately, but the they knew on account that they rorted their own banks. ;-)

_goParra

Juniors

Pete what has fitzy done to guarantee our survival beyond the next 5 years... apart from moaning about the pokie tax and jetting to pokie jaunts...

_goParra

Juniors
FMD it seems to me that this election has shown 2 basic sides to the same argument amongst forumites.

One is the argument about change for changes sake which isnt necessarily a bad thing and seems to be supported by a majority on here.

The other is simply that change without due diligence to the result that the change will bring is not necessarily a good thing. And this is where I see MITS, ParraPete, Eels81236 and some others coming down in favour of. They want to simply ensure that the change will be for the better before deciding on who to support.

I dont really think any of us believe that things should continue exactly as they are at the Board, Structure and Management level - a change is in the wind one way or the other.

It is fairly obvious from their posts that they are against any change... current board would have lifetime appointments if it were up to them

mickdo

Coach

Personally I don't think an unsuccessful bid by 3P would change much at all. The incumbents are far too cosy and will just keep on doing what they have been doing for the last how ever many years. In fact, they'll probably find even more ways to make their incumbency further entrenched for the next election.

emjaycee

Coach
It is fairly obvious from their posts that they are against any change... current board would have lifetime appointments if it were up to them

Am not in their cheer squad by any means, but just trying to identify some semblence of balance and fairness so we can remove the personal attacks if possible. I have highlighted below the quotes where I think that MITS, Pete and eels81236 show they are looking for information more than just change for change sake.

I agree with everyone 22 years is a long time to wait for a premiership, it might even be longer than that regardless of who gets in.

I also agree that the future of the club, needs to be assured, and that the 5 year comment from Mr. Fitzgerald as an agent for the board in regards to funding was exceptionally disturbing.

I would think these are the two biggest things that would concern Parramatta Fans.

I do however do not see how these are questions to the Football club board apart from the boards being the same.

People want change I have no doubt of that. I believe from the comments here that they are thirsty for change, and to use a Sorkin like statement, will drink the sand because they are so thirsty.

Change can be good, it can be renewing and it can be refreshing, I am sure we all know that, my biggest question is how are the 3P ticket change for the better?

I have read my Annual Report and Concise Financial Report for the last 9 years or so that I have been a football club member, including the information about who the Current Directors are and their Resume's I just can’t see how the resume's provided by 3P for their directors stack up against that information.

How are 3P going to change the club to make the best performing district reps club in the NSWRL over the past 12 years better? As the Board they are running for, has only the NSWRL sides as its sphere of influence?

I have heard nothing in my campaign letters about that, with the exception of 2 lines about asking a question about, how are we retaining local juniors and questioning spending to junior rugby league, I can ask these questions when I go to the junior Rep games, why do I need a board to ask them for me?

The 3P ticket talk about having a large backing of skilled and dedicated, members of business and politics and all other manner of things, but how does that help them in a Board Room with 6 other men and the CEO in making a decision on an NSWRL matter?

It seems to me 3P only want to talk about the Parramatta Eels NRL side, and in my opinion I think the members of our football club are smart enough to know whose responsibility that side is.

No dramas suity. i would love to vote out the incumbents. i really would.
i will get shot down for this i know but...
OK, OK. its the 3 footy players. I morally cant put the future of MY club in their hands.
pricey has taken every opportunity to bag DF and the club, (through the media mind you), in the past. in my opinion, you dont talk ill of your family in public and you certainly dont scream it to your neighbours. in my opinion, a better man than he would keep his obviously damaging thoughts to himself. my opinion of him as a footy player will never change. i also dont want a guy with financial history as one of my directors.
guru is nothing but a marketable face in this campaign. you have even stated yourself suity that he has dropped the ball when parra future passed it on to him. he told us nothing. he has stated that he has no idea how the wenty and junior systems work, yet wants to be on the footy club board? he wants to advise on player recruitment but didnt realise that it was the coaches job not DF. he just wants to "do my little bit to help. I think we can do better than little bits to help.
kenny has never had any intention to return to parra other than in a coaching role. he stated that he didnt have enough time (whilst bagging us in the paper). then when the professionalism of the 3p ticket discovered that leabetter wasnt even a member :lol:, kenny suddenly found enough time. daylight savings perhaps?

maybe i'm an idiot suity, but i would much prefer 7 businessmen on the board than the footy players. they definately have a place in the club, but its just not on the board right now. the economic climate, the rugby league climate, the registered clubs climate etc all tell me that it is too great a risk with these 3 guys. i will repeat....if they hadnt played for parra we would all be laughing at their credentials and resumes.

get me 7 real alternatives and i vote the incumbents out tomorrow

I find it hard to believe that replacing the current members of the Board with a ticket led by three ex footballers is going to make the NRL team more competitive on the field of play.
Do Brett, Guru and Ray Price have more business experience than Don Ritchie, Chris Jurd and Michael Johnson?

emjaycee

Coach
Personally I don't think an unsuccessful bid by 3P would change much at all. The incumbents are far too cosy and will just keep on doing what they have been doing for the last how ever many years. In fact, they'll probably find even more ways to make their incumbency further entrenched for the next election.

mickdo, I am hoping for change come this sunday however if there isnt, I can still see change coming by April when the LC elections are held. If 3P contests the LC elections despite not having any success this sunday, then they will have put the current (and common) board on notice through their campaign for the FC elections. The press that we have seen over the last couple of weeks will no doubt increase leading into the LC elections and the Board will know they are in a fight to retain their spots on the LC Board. If that doesnt drive some level of change between now and April then someone check they are still breathing.

mickdo

Coach
Am not in their cheer squad by any means, but just trying to identify some semblence of balance and fairness so we can remove the personal attacks if possible. I have highlighted below the quotes where I think that MITS, Pete and eels81236 show they are looking for information more than just change for change sake.

Except their questions ignore reality. They mention the 'experience' of the current board, but where has that got us???

mickdo

Coach
mickdo, I am hoping for change come this sunday however if there isnt, I can still see change coming by April when the LC elections are held. If 3P contests the LC elections despite not having any success this sunday, then they will have put the current (and common) board on notice through their campaign for the FC elections. The press that we have seen over the last couple of weeks will no doubt increase leading into the LC elections and the Board will know they are in a fight to retain their spots on the LC Board. If that doesnt drive some level of change between now and April then someone check they are still breathing.

Sorry, but I've seen it all before

_goParra

Juniors

I agree about eels81236 (never included him in the first place).

however with mits and pete I've read enough from them over the couple of days... it is safe to say that they are not swinging voters.

Lets just leave it at that and agree to disagree... I think this thread can do without more side tracking arguments... ;-)

Latest posts