What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

fish eel

Immortal
But yet at the same time you demand to know what they propose to do and change? They should just say "we've got nothing"?

No Mick, you could very easily come up with some words and a platform about attracting more sponsors, without saying you have some ready to go who wont work with the current board.....

TheRam

Coach
Gronk mate wake up to yourself, these guys are a breath of fresh air for Pete’s sake. We should all be thankful that they are willing to have a go to try to raise our club out of its terminal predicament.

Make no mistake about it, if there are no changes and new direction or ideas are not forthcoming, then this club is going to go by the way of the Dodo.

$4 MILLION DOLLARS IN THE RED IN ONE YEAR ALONE... WAKE UP BUDDY!!!

Parra pete Aspersions???...Are you all there or what? The last time I checked we still had some semblance of free speech here in this country.

Stating that an organisation has a preference over dealing with one group of individuals over another is hardly liable champ. Maybe in Parra pete's Republic of Protectionist Chumps it would be, but not here in the good old land of Oz my friend. No not here.

GET A GRIP!!!

mickdo

Coach
No Mick, you could very easily come up with some words and a platform about attracting more sponsors, without saying you have some ready to go who wont work with the current board.....

And then you would say "Which sponsors? How are we supposed to believe 3P when they won't mention any sponsors???" :?

fish eel

Immortal
And then you would say "Which sponsors? How are we supposed to believe 3P when they won't mention any sponsors???" :?

No Mick, as I said, it wouldnt be that hard to come up with words and a platform while avoiding making claims of having people lined up. It's when you make the big claims you have people wanting you to show them the money...

As I've said before, I want 3P to win. I want change. I'm just not sure they've put their case well enough. And the case for change is their's to make.....

mickdo

Coach
No Mick, as I said, it wouldnt be that hard to come up with words and a platform while avoiding making claims of having people lined up. It's when you make the big claims you have people wanting you to show them the money...

I think you are kidding. It's exactly that kind of 'platform' that would be derided as empty words. Of course they have to try and give some substance as well, but as you would be well aware they can only do so much.

fish eel

Immortal
I think you are kidding. It's exactly that kind of 'platform' that would be derided as empty words. Of course they have to try and give some substance as well, but as you would be well aware they can only do so much.

as opposed to secret, unamed sponsors? ;-)

planeteels

Juniors
at the end of the day..

the issue in regards to the Sponsorship announcement will remain as a Glass Half Full or Glass Half Empty.. 2 sides never going to agree on the 1 outcome.

Let's move forward and focus on the real issues as to whether or not these Sponsors will come on board as soon as a 3p member is elected or if they will only materialise WHEN/IF they have CONTROL of the relevant majority

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk mate wake up to yourself, these guys are a breath of fresh air for Pete’s sake. We should all be thankful that they are willing to have a go to try to raise our club out of its terminal predicament.

Make no mistake about it, if there are no changes and new direction or ideas are not forthcoming, then this club is going to go by the way of the Dodo.

So we should just elect them without asking the hard questions ? An anyone but DF attitude is not good enough for me RAM.

Freak2

Juniors
So we should just elect them without asking the hard questions ? An anyone but DF attitude is not good enough for me RAM.

I think the equasion is quite easy.

If you are happy with the club vote for the incumbants if your not happy vote 3P!!:?

Based on the security of the board structure alone is reason to vote against the incumbants IMO!!!

mickdo

Coach
as opposed to secret, unamed sponsors? ;-)

As I said, ask them in person before the vote if you really want to know. They are obviously trying to get as much info out there as they can without giving too much. They have been on this forum answering all sorts of questions on various topics, calling voters personally, and having mailouts... as opposed to the existing board who you have heard how much from???

The question was asked about sponsors, they said as much as they could, and can't say anymore on an open forum. As expected, the incumbent supporters are trying to make as much mischief as possible out of that, and you have fallen for it.

TheRam

Coach
fish eel No Mick, as I said, it wouldnt be that hard to come up with words and a platform while avoiding making claims of having people lined up. It's when you make the big claims you have people wanting you to show them the money

Fair enough Fish I see your point, but it is very difficult to come out in public and give names to deals that have not yet been done. It is just not good business sense and rarely ever done.

But for the purpose of showing ppl here on the board that this ticket has the ability to attract converted well needed sponsorship dollars PARA FUTURE had to tell us something as in regards to bringing in new monies. Otherwise ppl would of bagged them for not having the right stuff that is need and that they are not capable e.t.c.

Parra Future or someone from 3P…Can you please elaborate or correct me if I am wrong. Thank you kindly.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach

No we have asked many questions and I think that they have been answered as well as can be expected for a group of people that have limited info of the inside runnings of the club and what they can actually say before being elected to the board.

But if you are driving in a straight line that leads to a cliff, well then unless one changes their direction then the out come is obvious to most clear thinking individuals, but maybe not to some fool hardy wishful thinkers who may think the car will somehow grow wings and begin to fly.

parra pete

Referee

Parra pete Aspersions???...Are you all there or what? The last time I checked we still had some semblance of free speech here in this country.

Stating that an organisation has a preference over dealing with one group of individuals over another is hardly liable champ. Maybe in Parra pete's Republic of Protectionist Chumps it would be, but not here in the good old land of Oz my friend. No not here.

GET A GRIP!!!

I think you mean libel..Big difference in the meaning of 'libel' and 'liable'
If you don't know the difference, look it up in the dictionary.
And as I mentioned before, I'm not a champ.
You should get your hand off it..You are becoming too excited...

bartman

Immortal
Who's asking the hard questions of the current board? Where are they?
Agreed. I've asked a hard question of the current board in another thread.

We know that at least two member sof the current board read these forums, and that at least one of them has posted on occasion. But people make excuses for them as to why we shouldn't judge them for coming on here in the context of an election?

And excuses as to why they haven't been reaching out to (some of) the members here, in the same way 3P have tried - all with no more access to details about the club than we the members get in our annual report.

At the start of this I was looking to vote for a mix, probably 4-3, and which way was going to come down to a decision as to which group I thought deserved the majority on this particular Board.

Dr Johnson's letter offends me the more I read it, Gerard has goosed himself by wading into the media and getting grubby and personal, and I'm now looking at a 6-1 split - even though I haven't really seen/heard what Chidiac and Sassen/Lawless can do or offer.

But at least (I presume) I'll get the chance to meet those three candidates on Sunday morning in person - much more than the current directors have offered the general membership, despite having all the knowledge and experience at their disposal.