What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Bob Gare

Juniors
eels81236.
That was a long message. I will answer this bit now and more later, Sould'nt it be part of the footyclubs mission to win a grand final and fill the stadium.
Now you may not think there is a drink in our letter but we aim to restore pride and passion. The team has many fresh ideas.

At the 2001 football club an extraordinary motion was passed to take control of our first grade squad (NRL) to the Leagues Club. My understanding was that the leagues administration (the board) at the time said they could not guarantee leagues club funding to the football club.

Mr Gare,

I believe you are incorrect in this statement.

Firstly It would appear that is was not 2001. As I was at the meeting, I remember quite clearly that 2 people from the Football club's playing and coaching staff spoke to this resolution, they were Head Coach Brian Smith, and First grade fullback Clinton Schifcofske.

As Clinton was at the Club between 1998 and 2000, I think you have the date wrong. Since Clinton left the club in 2000 I would think that it would be 1999 as the year this motion was put to the membership.

Also the motion was put forward because the football club could not guarantee the wages of the players. As it does not have 3.25 Mill (at the time) or indeed 4 million dollars of assets to liquefy should the need arise, where as the leagues club does and as such guarantees the players wages.

Kind Regards,
Mark Hepworth

Parra Future

Juniors
Col
there are a few that come on here to rubbish everything and thats not what most people here are like,as you have found out this weekend

I've realised that. The good news is that the majority of the people are interested in finding out information on improving their club. Thanks for your post.

mickdo

Coach
Relax fella.

I'm very relaxed :D

Notice the word "relatively" ? On Sunday, ask each of the 600 odd members if they knew of this thread, and should it have been the major stage on which to do the preaching?

I don't think this has been the major stage... the 3P are phoning every member, they have sent a letter to each member with more to come, and there is a BBQ before the vote.

There are many voting members who use this site. What is wrong with also using it to reach those voters?

eels81236.
That was a long message. I will answer this bit now and more later, Sould'nt it be part of the footyclubs mission to win a grand final and fill the stadium.
Now you may not think there is a drink in our letter but we aim to restore pride and passion. The team has many fresh ideas.

Mr Gare,

Can you prove it is currently not the mission of the Parramatta Eels?

Glenn

First Grade
Bob,

Saying the Broncos have 10,000 club members sounds impressive but when you consider they have the run of the state for the majority of there existance you would hope they have significant membership base.

Competeing with other clubs (and indeed other codes) in the Sydney market, what do you realistically see as a achievable level of membership for Parramatta (Both as Season Ticket Hoolders and Football club members)

strider

Post Whore
The team has many fresh ideas.

I believe Col already said that its not really possible for the 3P team to reveal the "new ideas" etc at this stage - and I fully understand that

but it is hard to just hear/read it and have faith in it without any detail .... would you guys be able to reveal any more about your ideas next sunday before the AGM? (it would be too late for those ideas to be poached then I would think)

bartman

Immortal
On Sunday, ask each of the 600 odd members if they knew of this thread, and should it have been the major stage on which to do the preaching?

as for the questions, I think I may have just asked them.
I think the point stands - at least some "preaching"/campaigning/communication in a thread on an internet forum where fans (including voting members) gather, is better than none over the last year or several years...

As for it being the major stage - we have all received letters, I would assume the mailout has been the major element of reaching voting members, and this thread is just an opportunity that is being taken.

Not everyone is great with computers and the hasitly typed live word, compared to in person or verbally. But congrats to guys like Robert Gare and Guru Snr for taking the time to register, log in and check out our little world here.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Mark, I have not heard from them and if you go to the footyclub report the mission statement is printed there. I know who introduced that.
But my q is why not regularly state that we will win and we will fill, have some excitement, some confidence, it is catching

Mark, I have not heard from them and if you go to the footyclub report the mission statement is printed there. I know who introduced that.
But my q is why not regularly state that we will win and we will fill, have some excitement, some confidence, it is catching

So you can guarantee that? We will win a premiership if you are elected? We will fill Parramatta Stadium if you are elected?

If you can not then it is plainly false.

Can you also claim that these things will not happen with the current board?

mickdo

Coach
Guru, do you think the structure of the voting process for the Football club etc needs changing? Introducing Proxy voting and reducing the 3 year non-voting period for new members have been talked about... do you agree with changing these?

Bob Gare

Juniors
Glen re membership: when was the last time except this site where you saw anything about becoming a member of the Parra footy club.
We have a large number of season ticket holders that might be a good place to start.
The internet another great forum.
Lets get out there and advertise the fact that there is a Parramatta Football Club

Glenn

First Grade

All good to have that as a mission statement, but without the necessary steps in place it sounds just like hollow rehtoric.

The P Eel

Juniors
Well i think it is great that Bob, Colin and the Guru make the time to go online and answer some questions. Long may that and transperancy continue. ;-) Communication cannot be a bad thing.

murraymob

Coach
Glen re membership: when was the last time except this site where you saw anything about becoming a member of the Parra footy club.
We have a large number of season ticket holders that might be a good place to start.
Lets get out there and advertise the fact that there is a Parramatta Football Club

BoB you mentioned season ticket holders becoming members would you consider giving membership as automatic to all season ticket holders like we have at penrith

eeladdick

Juniors
by the way chaps i have heard a rumor that the current playing squad have training commitments and will be unavailable to Vote , do you know if this is true

Bob Gare

Juniors
Mark as you would know there is no guarantee in anything.
The club has had basically the same board for around a decade and from I can see not much has changed.
3p has fresh ideas, we are communicating with you guys and in answer to a previous q we will make this a regular event consistent with other business.
We live in a democrcy, we are offering an alternative.

Glenn

First Grade

Indeed the Football club membership does need to promoted more, would it be a option a to include football club membership and voting rights into a Season Ticket type membership, such as with some AFL clubs?

Latest posts