What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Raudonikis

Juniors
i have spent my entire working life in the club industry,and played footy at a few clubs including wenty when i was 17 n 18, and i know that after a while a change of the board of directors is nesasary for new ideas,what fitzy said about the legends working life has nothing to do with it, its his way of downgrading them..doesnt matter what u do in life work wise..its whats inside you and what u want to see happen and i can tell these guys want to see parra thrive and anyone who doesnt believe this club needs change is really stuck in the past or sucking up to their mates like pete,mits and i wonder who eels81236 is.
Its quiet obvious what their agenda is.well to me it is.

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
your three year till right t vote has passed has it? aren't you a lucky one..

Yep, sure am. Been lucky all my life. The harder you work the luckier you get.
I've been a Football Club member for the past nine years..but still that's just me. It is my passion and I like to be involved. No big deal.
"Ya puts ya money in and takes ya chances"

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRam

Coach
i have spent my entire working life in the club industry,and played footy at a few clubs including wenty when i was 17 n 18, and i know that after a while a change of the board of directors is nesasary for new ideas,what fitzy said about the legends working life has nothing to do with it, its his way of downgrading them..doesnt matter what u do in life work wise..its whats inside you and what u want to see happen and i can tell these guys want to see parra thrive and anyone who doesnt believe this club needs change is really stuck in the past or sucking up to their mates like pete,mits and i wonder who eels81236 is.
Its quiet obvious what their agenda is.well to me it is.

And the rest of us Sir.

butch82

Juniors
A strong leader who doesn't get results? i get you..

Old, smold, time to get rid of the old farts who have under performed runing our club and bring in some new blood.

Fitzy i a useless CEO who has YES men around him continuely votinghim back in, time for a change i think.

guys i dont have a problem with fitzy ( accept a few comments he makes ) but i remember a few yrs ago there was a meet n greet at the mounties club bout 4 yrs ago... me and my old man travelled up from griffith ( 7 hr drive)
during the night dennis was sitting by himself so i went up with my old man n we introduced ourselves... he seemed ok til he asked where we were from , so we told him n he said : you travelled 7 hrs to come n meet the players.... my old mans face turned red as he proceeded to say "well if the footy club did more footy related things in the country we wouldnt have to travel so far... for the the last couple of yrs they have brought a game down ( 1 next yr ) a few players yr b4 that for a night with a few players...
but just the whole attitude he shown that night i was appalled to call myslef an eels supporter.
i no dennis doesnt make the tackles,make the hit ups n sh*t like that but if i was a voting member i would want 2 see change....
new ideas, new approach about things.

hopefully i didnt drag on too much...
sorry if i did..

parra pete

Referee
Pete, I normally get a bit of a chuckle out your rhymes and sayings, apart from the past couple of days when you've given me the right sh!ts!!

BUT, this one brought me back. I actually spat out part of my cookie when I read it.

Mind you, I still think you're on the wrong side and thus a total knob. ;-)

That's what being a football follower is all about. You have your own views and standards and stick to your views no matter what. I have mine....
Like someone else posted 'If you always do, what you always done, you'll always get what you always got'
I am not against change. But I am against change for changes sake. There seems to me that there is a total misconception of Denis Fitzgerald by members of the forum. There could not be a more dedicated servant to the Eels. He has been there for the long haul, and I couldn't care less is he was getting 40K or 400K for doing the job. Someone has to do it, why not the most experienced administrator in the NRL?
Ray Price, Brett Kenny and Eric Grothe were MIGHTY players for the Eels. But that does not qualify them to sit on the Board of a Multi Million Dollar corporation- or does it?
If it was Peter Wynn, Peter Sterling and Mike Eden running that would be a different matter.
I don't think success on the football field equates to success in the Board room. Ray Price has too much baggage in bagging the Club in recent years for me to have confidence in him being able to work as part of Football Club Board.
His constant criticism of Brian Smith and the Club administrators was not in the interest of the Parramatta Club. How will he be able to change from that attitude?

I would also like to know what can the footballing trio can achieve by negotiating with corporate bodies that the business men can't?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
[/B]

Yep, sure am. Been lucky all my life. The harder you work the luckier you get.
I've been a Football Club member for the past nine years..but still that's just me. It is my passion and I like to be involved. No big deal.
"Ya puts ya money in and takes ya chances"

But hang in there matey. You can't hurry things. Your balls will drop, your voice will break and before you know it you'll be all grown up. And at the age where you can burn the encyclopedias because you'll know EVERYTHING. Wait and see.
Ronny then you'll be like the young bull and run down to the cattle yard and do one of the heifers, where I am like the old bull, I'll walk down and do the lot.:lol::lol::lol:

Been lucky huh? if you were that lucky you wouldn't have had to wait 3 years to vote?

As for the rest of the post, i don't do heifers, done it once years ago going through a dry patch and never again!

The P Eel

Juniors
I find it hard to believe that replacing the current members of the Board with a ticket led by three ex footballers is going to make the NRL team more competitive on the field of play.
Do Brett, Guru and Ray Price have more business experience than Don Ritchie, Chris Jurd and Michael Johnson?

:crazy::crazy::crazy:
What business experience does Dr Johnson have...? He has a reputation as an outstanding surgeon - i can personally testify for that - but he is not a business man...He certainly has no personal skills or bedside manner - he has made his name being associated with a footy side...:?

The P Eel

Juniors
Ray Price, Brett Kenny and Eric Grothe were MIGHTY players for the Eels. But that does not qualify them to sit on the Board of a Multi Million Dollar corporation- or does it?
If it was Peter Wynn, Peter Sterling and Mike Eden running that would be a different matter. quote]

What business experience did the Emperor bring when he began his reign??:sarcasm:

Bob Gare

Juniors
Hey guys I thought I would come on to see how you are all travelling.
I have been on the phone to many voting football club members yesterday and today.
The one thing they all applauded was the fact that we are taking time to contact them. I have a few mins to answer any q's you might have.
Bob Gare

Ron Jeremy

Coach
LOL i can't think of anything else to ask?

I think a few people on this board are a little bit sceptical about many of thr 3p members business related creditionals Bob, what would you say to that?

The P Eel

Juniors
Hey guys I thought I would come on to see how you are all travelling.
I have been on the phone to many voting football club members yesterday and today.
The one thing they all applauded was the fact that we are taking time to contact them. I have a few mins to answer any q's you might have.
Bob Gare

Hi Bob - thanks for being on-line. :clap: I am a non voting member but have been gobsmacked by the passion and thoughts this thread has unearthed.. In anycase - i want to know what apart from the 3 p's can you guys bring to the table if elected? I have no doubt that after 22 years we could do with a change - but i respect people's opinion (although not always agreeing :? - like MITS, Parra Pete and Eelnumbers...) and they have made some good points - what will be the difference apart from change's sake?

Cheers :b:

The P Eel

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hi Bob - thanks for being on-line. :clap: I am a non voting member but have been gobsmacked by the passion and thoughts this thread has unearthed.. In anycase - i want to know what apart from the 3 p's can you guys bring to the table if elected? I have no doubt that after 22 years we could do with a change - but i respect people's opinion (although not always agreeing :? - like MITS, Parra Pete and Eelnumbers...) and they have made some good points - what will be the difference apart from change's sake?

Cheers :b:

The P Eel

I agree with your post

Bob Gare

Juniors
Ron Ill answer you 1st. If you look at the bio supplied in our mailout it sets out the qualifications if you like of our candidates. Personally I have board experience, I have business experience and man management experience. The other guys have experience in business which I am sure together with the experiences of the legends will bring fresh ideas and change to our club. i might ad we do want change for change sake, we believe we can bring our club into the 21st century.

Bob Gare

Juniors
I might also ad that we appear to you through this site with our real id exposed. we have nothing to hide which is consistant with our policy of transparancy and oppenness.