What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Bob Gare

Juniors
Butch, parra eels have always attratacted supporters from the bush, we will look at the possibility of postal votes for our country cousins. Update the eels site and make it more supporter friendly.

Bob Gare

Juniors
You no guys I used to work at the stadium when in the cops in the 80/90's. It is now 2008 and I ask what has changed apart from the fact we are all older, playing roster is diff. coach has changed,

Bob Gare

Juniors
To you great supporters it is getting late, (what time do you all go to bed?) I hope to be back here within the next 2 days. I appreciate your time.
I spoke to Guru today as well as our great mate bookend Terry Leabeater and we want to make this chat a regular event. We need your feedback. We are determined to make this club mighty again. We believe in our current first graders and all the up and coming stars.
Go parra, we will speak soon

Parra Future

Juniors
To you great supporters it is getting late, (what time do you all go to bed?) I hope to be back here within the next 2 days. I appreciate your time.
I spoke to Guru today as well as our great mate bookend Terry Leabeater and we want to make this chat a regular event. We need your feedback. We are determined to make this club mighty again. We believe in our current first graders and all the up and coming stars.

This is not a shot at anyone, I promise. Alot of people on this site talk about voting for Ovo because he is a nice guy. I personally don't have an issue with Ovo either. The guy above (Bob Gare), is a good guy as well. If Ovo is getting a vote for being nice, consider Bob while your at it. Bob will be down at the BBQ this Sunday at 8am. I know he is happy to catch up with as many people as possible. What you see in these posts is the real Bob Gare. He is an easy going bloke who means what he says, and comes through on his promises. Good bloke.

Oh and by the way. Hi. I'm back.

Hanscholo

Bench
Parra Future,

On the letter I received yesterday, it is stated on page 3 that, and I quote

"We will fill Parramatta Stadium again"

"We will win another Grand Final WITH YOUR VOTE"

I suspect you know that it is impossible to guarantee such claims, so can you qualify the exact message that was trying to be conveyed from those two statements?

Suity

Well thats the plan isnt it. You cant expect people wanting votes to put out some half arsed maybe's. The club has had 25 years of that surely.

mickdo

Coach

Cheers Bob

mickdo

Coach
Well thats the plan isnt it. You cant expect people wanting votes to put out some half arsed maybe's. The club has had 25 years of that surely.

A few people have been having trouble interpreting mission statements, yes :lol:

Parra Future

Juniors
PF...what is the feeling in the camp heading in at this stage?

Everybody is feeling pretty good on our side. So far, we have been on radio, the paper, internet, done the mailouts and alot of phone calls to all the voting members. The phone calls that all the nominees made (special point there, I am led to believe all nominees can call members, so no-one within the 3P group made them bar the nominees), were extremely positive. There seemed to be a massive amount of support through those calls from what the guys have told us. A few negative, but overwhelmingly a hell of alot were positive. I suppose on the sad side of things, we are in the final days for the FC vote process, and now we are starting to see the ugly negative side of things coming out.

There was a story in todays paper. I haven't read it yet, it basically took me a couple of hours to get back up to date with this thread. But I believe that there are comments about our group and Steve Edge. As I said I haven't read it yet, but if it is true what I was told, that is sad. At no stage have we had a shot at Edgey. He was actually brought up at one of our meetings and we all agreed that he is a valuable member of the club that needs to be retained in the sponsorship arena. Hopefully some of the team have got in touch with him today and clarified that stance. A few more things have happened today which are not good either. I can't really discuss them at this point, but I am sure the media will no doubt report about it within the next 24 hours.

Putting all the bad stuff aside, yes I believe the momentum is good. It will be a relief when Sunday finally comes around.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
But hey, we won club championships, who really gives a f**k. Settle for second place should be our Mission Statement, we are a looser club currently, we settle for second rate championships and tropheys, we need genuine winners!!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Everybody is feeling pretty good on our side. So far, we have been on radio, the paper, internet, done the mailouts and alot of phone calls to all the voting members. The phone calls that all the nominees made (special point there, I am led to believe all nominees can call members, so no-one within the 3P group made them bar the nominees), were extremely positive. There seemed to be a massive amount of support through those calls from what the guys have told us. A few negative, but overwhelmingly a hell of alot were positive. I suppose on the sad side of things, we are in the final days for the FC vote process, and now we are starting to see the ugly negative side of things coming out.

There was a story in todays paper. I haven't read it yet, it basically took me a couple of hours to get back up to date with this thread. But I believe that there are comments about our group and Steve Edge. As I said I haven't read it yet, but if it is true what I was told, that is sad. At no stage have we had a shot at Edgey. He was actually brought up at one of our meetings and we all agreed that he is a valuable member of the club that needs to be retained in the sponsorship arena. Hopefully some of the team have got in touch with him today and clarified that stance. A few more things have happened today which are not good either. I can't really discuss them at this point, but I am sure the media will no doubt report about it within the next 24 hours.

Putting all the bad stuff aside, yes I believe the momentum is good. It will be a relief when Sunday finally comes around.

Our marketing is a disgrace at the moment Col, i've seen 10 year olds going house to house offering to wash cars and pick up dog turds with more marketing iniative then our Marketing department.

Parra Future

Juniors
Our marketing is a disgrace at the moment Col, i've seen 10 year olds going house to house offering to wash cars and pick up dog turds with more marketing iniative then our Marketing department.

Ron, sorry mate I lost you there. Our marketing, or the incumbents marketing?

Sorry usually when I read your posts you make me laugh, but this one was serious so I had to read it twice. Which team mate?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
When was the last time we actually approached a current International player or a coach like Bennett ( for whom i'm still scratching my arse and head as to why we didn't make him an offer even though for the time being am happy with DA), we were all skeptical about Hagan ( I was too, but i chose to believe the board knew something i didn't lol).

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron, sorry mate I lost you there. Our marketing, or the incumbents marketing?

Sorry usually when I read your posts you make me laugh, but this one was serious so I had to read it twice. Which team mate?

:lol: i was refering to our marketing department, they're invisible, behind the times, hell i'm not sure they even exist?

Steve Edge has a degree from Havard? really? i thought he'd struggle to obtain a certificate III in retail little lone Marketing at Parramatta Tafe?

Seriously, nothing against Edge ( i know you wont go down that path, that's fair enough) but when clubs like the Tigers have signs promoting their clubs on our buses that's too much.

Col, we need to promote Parramatta far more so then we have previously, if it means a bumper sticker with every ticket sold at our game then so be it, as long as we promote the Parramatta brand.

Haynzy

First Grade
I haven't been on and said anything up until now guys and as I'm so far away and can't vote it wouldn't count for much anyway but I'll be logging on with bated breath over here in Adelaide on Sunday...

Lots of good stuff being said and I understand that this is just the beginning... I just want to see our mighty club get stronger across the board and that it will flow on to the NRL squad for many years to come.

I'll also be interested in checking out the options for those of us who are distancly challenged. (I like the sound of the postal voting)......now...where has that membership letter from Hellsy got to????

Ron Jeremy

Coach
This is not a shot at anyone, I promise. Alot of people on this site talk about voting for Ovo because he is a nice guy. I personally don't have an issue with Ovo either. The guy above (Bob Gare), is a good guy as well. If Ovo is getting a vote for being nice, consider Bob while your at it. Bob will be down at the BBQ this Sunday at 8am. I know he is happy to catch up with as many people as possible. What you see in these posts is the real Bob Gare. He is an easy going bloke who means what he says, and comes through on his promises. Good bloke.

Oh and by the way. Hi. I'm back.

See this is the problem with this board and our supporters, because they're nice people or have a sexy smile they're voted in etc, what we need is board members who can make the correct decisions and forcast.

If it's true that we head hunted Hagan then i'm stunned. At the time i supported the move believing they knew something we didn't and tried to remain positive ( i was skeptical as anything if the truth was known) this was a guy that a year prior won the wooden spoon and had a history of sides poor defensively, the game was heading towards a more defensive orientated state, why couldn't we forcast this?

Parra Future

Juniors
See this is the problem with this board and our supporters, because they're nice people or have a sexy smile they're voted in etc, what we need is board members who can make the correct decisions and forcast.

If it's true that we head hunted Hagan then i'm stunned. At the time i supported the move believing they knew something we didn't and tried to remain positive ( i was skeptical as anything if the truth was known) this was a guy that a year prior won the wooden spoon and had a history of sides poor defensively, the game was heading towards a more defensive orientated state, why couldn't we forcast this?

Who knows Ron. Maybe they were preparing their massive campaign to hold office in the Football Club.:D

Latest posts