What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion with Pete Nolan

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Two things:

1. The easiest thing in the world is to come into an organisation and tell everyone who`ll listen to you that it has problems, is disorganised, has no structure, etc, etc.

True. But if there weren't problems to begin with, that individual never would have gotten a start here.

I take that with a grain of salt - might be true, might not be true, might be partially true.

Agreed. I reckon it's almost certainly true, but there's always the possibility of doubt.

2. If there are 'major problems' at the club, do you think Stephen Kearney is the one to change it all around? I don`t.

I guess we'll see. One thing we know is that he's having a proper go at fixing it.

And if he's not the right bloke he'll get the arse. That's how the system works.

bartman

Immortal
I wanna thank Matt again for sharing that info, I've had the pleasure of meeting him and whilst i haven't had a private convo with him since he's shared this i do trust that everything he says 100% true..as for not sharing certain information, maybe those who want to know the info is should do exactly what emjaycee did in obtaining that info..I've been encouraging everyone to talk a director or an employee at the club if you have a query or concern but as usual it's shot down by those who believe that supporting this club should be only limited to an interenet forum.

Just out of curiousity to anyone who remembers (and nothing against you at all Stagger), but isnt that exactly the same suggestion MITS always gave to people on here in during the years 2003-2008 if they were concerned about the club, but was also shot down for...?

bartman

Immortal
True. But if there weren't problems to begin with, that individual never would have gotten a start here.
How about if there weren't politics to begin with, that individual (SK) never would have gotten a start here?

And if he's not the right bloke he'll get the arse. That's how the system works.
Unless of course there's politics which might prevent him getting the arse unless it's exactly the right (political) time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They won't do that because then it would mean dealing with irrational fools like yourself who won't be happy with any answer. Like its been said more than a couple of times on here if you want answers to your questions get off your ass and either send them a detailed email or approach them in a professional manner and you'll get some answers.

Exactly. Can you imagine trying to get fanlink off the ground again?

"And the highest rated questions this week are:

90% Why is Kearney so shit?!?!?

8% When are we going to drop the structure, everyone knows it doesn't work?!?!?!?

2% Will Nathan Hindmarsh give his word that he will give 100% for the rest of the year?"

Suitman

Post Whore

8% When are we going to drop the structure, everyone knows it doesn't work?!?!?!?

2% Will Nathan Hindmarsh give his word that he will give 100% for the rest of the year?"

It's funny because it's true.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Needs more we should offload more.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How about if there weren't politics to begin with, that individual (SK) never would have gotten a start here?

Unless of course there's politics which might prevent him getting the arse unless it's exactly the right (political) time.

There's always politics mate. Deal with it.

Suitman

Post Whore
No! From anything yourself, Delboy, Eelementary & now emjaycee have relayed back, the current mob only want to point out how shit the place was before and how they are the saviors.

Much like not bothering with the AGM, there is no point doing something where you already know the answers you are going to get.

Speaking to an official at the club is futile, mainly because they are not going to tell strangers intimate details that we actually want to know, instead they are going to deflect and tell us how bad it was, especially when the current master coach has the most impressive record to ever grace this club........

I have no doubt that all of the information that you guys relay back is 100% what you were told. Only idiots would question your credibility if they have been on this forum, even for short time.

The issue is that there seems to be a common theme and it has now carried over for 18 months, from the tenure of this coach and further to that, 3 years since they have taken over the running of the club!

It is time they got on the front foot and were honest with ALL fans, not just random individuals........the past is now irrelevant, they just need to lay out their realistic plans and how long the pain may last.......stop dwelling on the past!

Korny,

You say (I think) that the people who relay us back the information that they've been told shouldn't be considered idiots by anyone who frequents this forum on a regular basis. The blue bit.

Do you think those individuals are that gullible as to accept the spin that you claim they are fed by said officials? The bit in red.
I know for a fact they are not. The blokes you named are not dills and would not accept the spin you say is so prevelent.
Maybe, next time you're at a game, go and have a chat with one of them and see if you still think the same as what you have just written. And don't expect the spin. I never have.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just out of curiousity to anyone who remembers (and nothing against you at all Stagger), but isnt that exactly the same suggestion MITS always gave to people on here in during the years 2003-2008 if they were concerned about the club, but was also shot down for...?

yes and I took that suggestion on and am more than happy to carry the flag, so I'm not sure what your point is because there's always going to be the Kornstars out there who are going to shoot it down..

Suitman

Post Whore
yes and I took that suggestion on and am more than happy to carry the flag, so I'm not sure what your point is because there's always going to be the Kornstars out there who are going to shoot it down..

There will be mate but I think Korny is one of the least repulsive tbh.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
There will be mate but I think Korny is one of the least repulsive tbh.

Suity

tbh, I dig Korny's response because it does show that he's genuinely hurting and passionate about the club the thing that gets me is the continual smug, condensending and smart arsey responses from others...must be the water in Maroubra.

Suitman

Post Whore
tbh, I dig Korny's response because it does show that he's genuinely hurting and passionate about the club the thing that gets me is the continual smug, condensending and smart arsey responses from others...must be the water in Maroubra.

Mate there's far worse than Maroubra too. He's just taking the piss. Plus, he doesn't live there.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
I'm not having a go at Kornstar, or you Staggs.

I just find it funny that there are some people on here now telling people to take to those in charge to find answers, who were very dismissive of that same suggestion (and of those fans who made that suggestion) when different people were in charge of the club. I've even just seen it happen again in this thread :lol:.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not having a go at Kornstar, or you Staggs.

I just find it funny that there are some people on here now telling people to take to those in charge to find answers, who were very dismissive of that same suggestion (and of those fans who made that suggestion) when different people were in charge of the club. I've even just seen it happen again in this thread :lol:.

But Bart, you were one of them at the time. lol.
You know as well as I do that the only person we ever found approachable was Ovo. That was one of the reasons we voted for change. That was one of the reasons we also voted for Ovo. We agreed with Mark on that front. Now we have it, you're trying to use it against us while distancing yourself from that very fact.

Suity

Tony Bongo

Bench

I don't know where you got your stats from nor where you derived your questions (I'm assuming you made them up) but for the sake of the exercise let's assume you are correct. Now if 90% of the fans want an answer to that question then I think they deserve one - Don't you?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Yeh, that's what Stagger said. :roll:
f**k you're an idiot.

Suity

'tbh, I dig Korny's response because it does show that he's genuinely hurting and passionate about the club the thing that gets me is the continual smug, condensending and smart arsey responses from others...must be the water in Maroubra.
Reply With Quote'

well yeah, right there.:lol:;-)

bartman

Immortal
But Bart, you were one of them at the time. lol.
No I wasn't mate. I went to meetings of the PESC to see what it was all about, instead of criticising it from afar. I listened to you put crap on others here for suggesting that fans should approach the board for answers, when now you are suggesting people should do just that :crazy:

You know as well as I do that the only person we ever found approachable was Ovo.
I agree that I thought the "previous board" could do a lot more to communicate and have a dialogue with members, but don't think the new lot have done much different...? All that seems to have changed is that some people have decided that talking to directors at games is now ok, whereas before they thought it wasn't ok (and put shit on people for the suggestion).

I haven't changed my stripes on this issues - I still think the current directors could and should do much more in the communication stakes, I don't think they have delivered on their promises (fan forums etc), and don't think the onus should be on individual fans to make contact. (But good on MJC for doing so, and if I'm not wrong part of why he did so was to let the club know they should be communicating more with fans generally, rather than one on one with fans who chase them down?)

That was one of the reasons we voted for change. That was one of the reasons we also voted for Ovo. We agreed with Mark on that front. Now we have it, you're trying to use it against us while distancing yourself from that very fact.
Your track record on understanding summing up my thoughts is pretty poor Suity, so please refrain from "we" statements. I voted for change to see Fitzgerald lose the numbers and to see a restructure of the club to have the footy operations under the Football Club Board (a core promise that wasn't followed through).

Instead we again now have a CEO that is essentially serving in the Fitzy combined role. We don't "have" anything we didn't have before imo - the old directors all attended games and frequented the club too, and we all could have asked them questions if we had been bothered, just as we are being told to now with the new lot.

My point simply is: that approach wasn't good enough then, and imo isn't good enough now either. That is where I think "we" disgaree Suity, and where I agree with MITS. I don't mind that we disagree Suity - everyone here are equally passionate Parra fans regardless imo - but I don't think you should trust your own version of what you imagine that I think (or even get upset about it). I just expect more of my club - then and now.