What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion with Pete Nolan

bartman

Immortal
Huh? Make your point Suity.

At least Poupou highlight my statement #1 as where he thought the problem was. And we've started a discussion about that (to which I'm sure PP will respond).

Make your point against a specific part of my opinion and we'll have something to talk about here, rather than your generalised cracks at the person (again).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many losses does it take to make you think SK is not up to getting the best out his first grade side?

It's a bit of a nebulous term - 'getting the best out of' a side. I believe he did that last year and this year.

Reading between the lines, including the article about Hindy this weekend, there is a serious issue of lack of trust between players. I concede this is the sort of thing a great coach might solve, but it's also possibly something no coach could solve, other than moving some people on.

So I'm not too interested in how many losses we have, because wins and losses aren't all about the coach. I'm more interested in the evolution of our club into something structured and professional, and I see real progress being made.

If Kearney gets the arse because the NRL side aren't up to it, then I just hope whoever takes over is able to stick with the rebuilding job. But if Kearney gets the arse because he's running the club into the ground, then I'd be pissed off that he wasn't f**ked off much sooner - because that's the kind of thing the board and CEO should notice after about a season, regardless of on-field results. ;-)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Although the broncs roster is better, at the eels SK has made some signings and resignings.

A few signings he did make are very questionable. He has struggled to get the best out of his team, with basically the entire squad going backwards this year.

For that the buck stops with the coach.

After last year I was a kearney fan this year after the crap we have displayed I am know on the in the fence whether Kearney has the ability to be a good coach. But still reckon he had been given a crap squad to work with ( which he has signed players to improve) not something Griffith had to worry about

Ratchy

Juniors
Irrational? Exactly how am I irrational? I have said plenty of times, I just want honesty! I don't like bullshit. Have you read some of the direct quotes from officials? I am pretty sure as recently as 3 weeks ago our very own CEO said "we will not get the spoon". Why lie? We will get the spoon, so what? Every club gets it eventually, but why say it when you have no control over the results?

Just proved my point when i said irrational....

Ratchy

Juniors
Griffin also improved the Broncos in his first year from a disappointing previous season.

All depends what you thought their realistic expectation was with such a young squad with so many rookies and missing one of their big name stars for the season.

bartman

Immortal
My point was quite clear.
Of course your logic is correct. It always is.
Hmm, compare that with my actual words...
You may have a different opinion that also has sound logic.
Hence why I don't bother in pretending that there is only one right answer, or care who agrees or disagrees with mine. Most of us are here for discussion, a discussion of differing news and views. You've got to share something to have a discussion Suity, and getting personal is pointless.

Since you haven't bothered to discuss the parts of what I've shared, how about sharing your own logic on this issue, so we can maybe discuss that (instead of making pointless general snipes at each other :roll:)?

IFR33K

Coach
After last year I was a kearney fan this year after the crap we have displayed I am know on the in the fence whether Kearney has the ability to be a good coach. But still reckon he had been given a crap squad to work with ( which he has signed players to improve) not something Griffith had to worry about

Look at the players he signed. He has changed the way they should be playing to the extent that sandow and Roberts have had their confidence destroyed..... In half a year.

God help us if he's here next year.

This experiment should be just about over.

cv8z

Juniors
Thank you and this is why I believe Fanlink worked. I don't consider those who take enough interest that they want answers as stupid. Nor do I underestimate the intelligence of the majority of our fans.
Again if the majority of fans are asking the same question they deserve an answer - after all the board is answerable to us whether they like it or not.
Did I personally think some of the questions asked by fans were stupid? The answer is yes - but who am I to judge when the majority wanted to know the answers?

A great quote
If a coach starts listening to the people in the stands
He ends up sitting with them

Suitman

Post Whore
Since you haven't bothered to discuss the parts of what I've shared, how about sharing your own logic on this issue,

I've shared it a million times (ie. - made my opinion clear) already and remained stable.
What more would you like me to share with you?

Suity

strider

Post Whore
This is what I reckon. The board had a pretty good view of his operation, so they were a lot better placed than the rest of us to judge whether or not he was any good.

So it was their right to sack him. They knew they would be judged on results, so they'v got the right to get rid of a coach they don't think can achieve that.

The good ones all learned from other good ones. Why would Kearney and Arthur be any different? Kearney also had Nolan onside, and everyone knows how good he is.

And they've been vindicated by the fact he hasn't come back to bite us on the arse.

If they're as gutless and stupid as you whingers make out, they would be more concerned with keeping the fans onside than pretending they didn't make a mistake.

If you're going to come up with a conspiracy theory, at least make one that's internally consistent.

Well there's still 10 months till their D day ....

5a. We start winning. Its all smiles, they breath a sigh of relief and everyone moves along the same - happy days. Fans onside.

OR

5b. We have a dismal finish to the year. They get cold feet knowing their own butts are on the line. They find a new coach as a sign to all they are fed up too and are doing something about it. Fans onside.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Where? What?

I loved last year's recruiting and retention, especially in the juniors. I also like the team selections, for the most part. I agree with the way the team is trying to play, and for those times when we keep it together for 80 minutes we look very professional.

We just need some key edge defenders to come back from injury, and we need to recruit some aggression and strength up the middle. At the moment teams just aren't making the mistakes they should be, and so they're out-waiting us. Plus outside Mannah and (sometimes) Allgood, we're not getting the quick play-the-balls for Sandow and Hayne to shine.

But every merkin is getting quick play-the-balls against us which makes our defence look even worse. And when we try and slow them down we're getting penalised.

Selective recruiting and junior development should fix this. Mitch Allgood could be an animal next year, and f**k I hope we get Lussick.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well there's still 10 months till their D day ....

5a. We start winning. Its all smiles, they breath a sigh of relief and everyone moves along the same - happy days. Fans onside.

OR

5b. We have a dismal finish to the year. They get cold feet knowing their own butts are on the line. They find a new coach as a sign to all they are fed up too and are doing something about it. Fans onside.

Yeah.

Watever happens, at least it'll be exciting.

emjaycee

Coach
I wrote an email and just got a call from Pete too. He told me a whole heap of stuff but told me to keep it in the safe. I can say that there will be some stuff happening some time soon.

i rang SK and asked him about everything and we talked for 50 minutes.

basically he told me
-5 years
-shit cap
-crap roster
-hes working on things

i cant tell you about the other 47 minutes, sorry.

Pull your heads in guys. Either make a call, send an email or just shut the f%@k up about the fact that I did, I got a call and got some answers and I bothered to post them on here so that others got some of the same info.

My five year old is more mature then some of the posters in here.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Pull your heads in guys. Either make a call, send an email or just shut the f%@k up about the fact that I did, I got a call and got some answers and I bothered to post them on here so that others got some of the same info.

My five year old is more mature then some of the posters in here.

Mate, I don't know about "Someone", but when it comes to Maroubra, we all know he's just a stirring piece of shit and that all of what he says goes straight through to the keeper. The '5 year old's" humour analogy is pretty good actually.
I'm guessing that not only him, but most people, appreciated your post.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
I've shared it a million times (ie. - made my opinion clear) already and remained stable.
What more would you like me to share with you?
Fair enough, if you don't feel the need to:
a) discuss your views again, but
b) are unwilling to do what PouPou at least did and highlight his view about a specific part of what I posted (so that further discussion is then possible), then maybe
c) try and refrain from making personal generalisations that just get in the way of further discussion about issues ?

I reckon if I'd made the same post under a different user name, you wouldn't have even replied...

Sometimes it seems to me that if our forum names didn't show above the posts we make, you'd have nothing much to say here Suity, because a lot of your posts are just your personal comments about certain forum users, rather than responding to the issues they've raised in their posts.

What I'd like you to share I guess is what the point of that is, really?

emjaycee

Coach
Mate, I don't know about "Someone", but when it comes to Maroubra, we all know he's just a stirring piece of shit and that all of what he says goes straight through to the keeper. The '5 year old's" humour analogy is pretty good actually.
I'm guessing that not only him, but most people, appreciated your post.

Suity

I know Suity and I probably shouldn't have bitten but I wasn't going to originally post any details of my chat with Nolan simply because I knew some posters would doubt it. at least five minutes of the convo were spent with me telling Nolan I wasn't happy being a perceived mouthpiece of the club.

(only got 29 more minutes of the call to explain now)

Suitman

Post Whore
I reckon if I'd made the same post under a different user name, you wouldn't have even replied...

Sometimes it seems to me that if our forum names didn't show above the posts we make, you'd have nothing much to say here Suity, because a lot of your posts are just your personal comments about certain forum users, rather than responding to the issues they've raised in their posts.

Funny thing is Bart, if you didn't know I was Suity, you wouldn't be replying in the same manner. So get off your moral high horse of Olympian proportians.

Suity

Latest posts