What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgrace to the jersey *spoiler*

What a disgrace this 2006 team is to the great Jersey of the canberra radiers. The way they have just given up in defence over the last 2 games is embarassing and disgracefull.

Elliot must go now. I don't know what the f**k he is saying to the players at half time but it isn't working. We lack fitness and this was shown up last year and should have been fixed for this year. to concede 124 points in 2 weeks of football is disgracefull.

woodgers

Bench
Agree. He has nothing left to offer. When Penrith put 60 on us next week the Panther fans will have mixed feelings.

f**k off Raiders.

aussies1st

Staff member
Agreed disgraceful. Looks like Zillman wasn't the only one to blame for our defence problems.

Chachi

Bench
I said a few weeks ago that Elliott should have been released as soon as he signed for Penrith and I was shot down. I don't give a stuff whether it was his fault or not that we lost today. I stood by him last year but I state it again - there is ABSOLUTELY NO POINT in keeping him here now under these circumstances. Sign up Fred Nerk to replace him for all I care.

Forget the 70 last week - letting in 46 points in the last 25 minutes has to be the most PATHETIC defensive performance EVER - particularly after leading by 10.

I was looking forward to watching them next week against Penrith, but to be honest right now I couldn't give a sh!t. That probably makes me the worst supporter of all time in some peoples eyes, but I don't give a toss. It's fair enough when you lose a game but why pay money and waste my time to watch more of that crap.

nickraider

Juniors
I have never known a team fold like that. They are an absolute disgrace. Their fitness is woeful. 46 points scored against them in the last 30 mins. It is unbelievable. Elliott doesn't give a flying fu*k either. We used to have a fighting spirit at this club - don't where it has gone.

Devastated AGAIN

woodgers

Bench
Roosters played terribly as well.

Haha, Daryl Brohman on 2GB and the Continuous Call are asking how the hell the Raiders are spending 3.25 mill. I agree with him. They are laughing at us. This could be my lowest point as a Raiders fan.

Chachi

Bench
Fighting spirit pretty much walked out the door with Ruben Wiki.

There's only so much Schifcofski can do on one leg.

Leethal

Juniors
schif4eva said:
It just sh*ts me we can't get big name players to Canberra

We probably could, if we paid $100,000 over the odds.

A decent coach would also help....

aussies1st

Staff member
We better hope their defence is bad as ours cause there attack sure can score a lot against ours.

Kris_man

Bench
It's not a fitness problem. As soon as they started to get some decent possession, they started to pile on the points. A lot of infringements by the Roosters in defence in the first 50 minutes meant that we got the majority of possession and territory. Once the distribution of those variables balanced out, the scoreline begun to reflect the quality of the two sides more accurately.

Sorry if I've made this sound complicated. It's really very simple: we suck.

Leethal

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
I fear that you might beat us next week

I seriously doubt it P9103. It's with no pleasure I say to you, because I don't mind the Panthers, that I'd be far more worried about 2007 and beyond.......

choc_soldier

Coach
Leethal said:
I seriously doubt it P9103. It's with no pleasure I say to you, because I don't mind the Panthers, that I'd be far more worried about 2007 and beyond.......

Not exactly instilling confience truth be known - "inheriting" a coach who's team has conceded 126 points in 2 matches.

Ugh...

pantherz9103

First Grade
Yeah but we have a better roster than Canberra and even though Preston is leaving I like the look of Peter Wallace. Canberra are putting these young guys in before their ready because they don't have any other choice.

Elliot could thrive at Penrith for all we know. A totally different situation.

azza

Juniors
Elliott is a crap coach. He might fluke a decent performance from the Panthers for one season (like he did here in 2003) but I fear for you in the long term.

edabomb

First Grade
pantherz9103 said:
Yeah but we have a better roster than Canberra and even though Preston is leaving I like the look of Peter Wallace. Canberra are putting these young guys in before their ready because they don't have any other choice.

Elliot could thrive at Penrith for all we know. A totally different situation.

I agree. Everyone takes the easy option out in criticising Elliott here. I don't think any coach could turn us around atm. We might not lose by such excessive margins with a better coach, however.

Bottom line, we are by far the least talented team in the comp.

Games should only go for 50 Minutes. Seems the Raiders have turned from 30 minute specials, to 50 minute specials.

And to think this is the 25th Anniversary year...disgraceful to say the least.