What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divided rugby league fell 25 years ago – but united has it conquered? by Steve Mascord.

Homo man69

Juniors
The NRL has never been stronger? It's probably doing better than the Winfield Cup days. If only this happened around 99-00, we would be stronger than the AFL on all fronts

Pippen94

First Grade
I never said the 18th team will be from Singapore. Nor did I say it should be from Singapore. I challenge you to find any post alluding to anything of the sort. You won't find it because I never said it.

I've said ad nauseum that if our game wants to generate more revenue then it will need to invest in new markets.

The biggest untapped markets near us are Adelaide, Perth and Singapore. There's no reason our game cannot carve out a niche in all three of those markets.
It's not something that will happen overnight, but with the right preparation and investment it can be achieved within 20 or 30 years.

The problem is our game doesn't have any ambition to have a team in Adelaide and has shunned Perth's bids for over a decade because it's run by morons who think everything should be based around Sydney.

Look at the three people who liked your post. One of them thinks the 18th team should be from Gosford. Another one wants it to be a PNG team that is based out of Cairns. The third one has a vendetta against me because I point out the inadequacies of his club. It proves my point about our game being run and supported by insular morons.

The Bradley Report from the early 1990s identified that Sydney can only support five teams.

Bradley didn't predict sporting rights boom or population increasing mainly in bigger cities rather than regions

Eion

First Grade
Most rugby league people don’t give much of a f**k how the NRL is doing or where it is going. What almost all do give a f**k about is their club and its permanency / success.

Which is why I lol at these merger/relocate tools on here. Keep screaming at the moon ya merkins the mob has spoken.

Bradley didn't predict sporting rights boom or population increasing mainly in bigger cities rather than regions
Population increase in Sydney hasn't transitioned into greater support for its nine NRL clubs. If anything it proves the Sydney clubs have no future and are failed businesses. Cowboys are bigger than all nine Sydney clubs.

The only thing keeping Sydney clubs alive is revenue from gaming machines and broadcast rights. The fact remains that all nine Sydney clubs are parasites living off the profits made by the non-Sydney clubs who give the game a profile outside of NSW and people who have a gambling addiction.

Most rugby league people don’t give much of a f**k how the NRL is doing or where it is going. What almost all do give a f**k about is their club and its permanency / success.

Which is why I lol at these merger/relocate tools on here. Keep screaming at the moon ya merkins the mob has spoken.

Your club wouldn't exist without revenue from gaming machines and broadcast deals that are propped up by interstate clubs. If it was just the old NSWRL competition then its relevancy outside of Sydney wouldn't be much greater than the Shute Shield. The sad thing is NSWRL fans are too delusional and wilfully ignorant to accept the reality.

The "mob" is not big enough to produce the capital needed to thrive in professional sport. The Sydney clubs make little from football operations because their fanbases are tiny.

Last edited:

"So mate, how did your team go on the weekend"?

"It won 40-0" *shrugs shoulders

"What's up then? Would have been a good watch for you"

*spits on ground "Those knuckledraggers at the NRL haven't put teams in Singapore, Perth or Durban and there's still teams that play in Sydney, I'm also a 52 year old virgin"

"Nice one mate"

MugaB

Coach
Population increase in Sydney hasn't transitioned into greater support for its nine NRL clubs. If anything it proves the Sydney clubs have no future and are failed businesses. Cowboys are bigger than all nine Sydney clubs.

The only thing keeping Sydney clubs alive is revenue from gaming machines and broadcast rights. The fact remains that all nine Sydney clubs are parasites living off the profits made by the non-Sydney clubs who give the game a profile outside of NSW and people who have a gambling addiction.

Your club wouldn't exist without revenue from gaming machines and broadcast deals that are propped up by interstate clubs. If it was just the old NSWRL competition then its relevancy outside of Sydney wouldn't be much greater than the Shute Shield. The sad thing is NSWRL fans are too delusional and wilfully ignorant to accept the reality.

The "mob" is not big enough to produce the capital needed to thrive in professional sport. The Sydney clubs make little from football operations because their fanbases are tiny.
That and there's f**k all to do in Townsville, plus absolutely no other sporting rival there

Pippen94

First Grade

Gaming & broadcast are the biggest sources of revenue. Game day nothing to that.
TV only pays because of Sydney content & sponsorship is involved because of the exposure TV gives.
Murdoch tried game with mostly regional markets & it was called superleague & it failed.

borisdog

Juniors
That and there's f**k all to do in Townsville, plus absolutely no other sporting rival there

Plenty to do up here.

There's hate Brisbane, hate Sydney, hate Cairns.................

Nah, just kiddin'

We're a bit like NSWRL supporters when it comes to our city. If you don't love it, you're more than welcome to fornicate off.

Gaming & broadcast are the biggest sources of revenue. Game day nothing to that.
TV only pays because of Sydney content & sponsorship is involved because of the exposure TV gives.
Murdoch tried game with mostly regional markets & it was called superleague & it failed.
Cowboys, Broncos and Rabbitohs generate more from ticketing, membership, sponsorship and corporate hospitality than they do from gaming. I know as I read over the annual reports that are available and compiled the data in a thread about this subject.

Cowboys and Broncos generate more revenue from sponsorship than any other club.

This year's grand final between two western Sydney clubs drew the lowest rating in history.

Pippen94

First Grade
Cowboys, Broncos and Rabbitohs generate more from ticketing, membership, sponsorship and corporate hospitality than they do from gaming. I know as I read over the annual reports that are available and compiled the data in a thread about this subject.

Cowboys and Broncos generate more revenue from sponsorship than any other club.

This year's grand final between two western Sydney clubs drew the lowest rating in history.

TV is dying & ratings will keep dropping. Doesn't mean less eyeballs or even less value for game.
Ur figures show about 50 million a year for bulldogs & Penrith clubs. When do sponsorship & game day of broncos or cowboys approach this?!

TV is dying & ratings will keep dropping. Doesn't mean less eyeballs or even less value for game.
Ur figures show about 50 million a year for bulldogs & Penrith clubs. When do sponsorship & game day of broncos or cowboys approach this?!
Gaming revenue goes to the Leagues Clubs. The Leagues Clubs provide a couple of million to the football clubs.

Pippen94

First Grade
I'm a homosexual petal, don't worry I'm not interested darling. Stop being a silly billy and stick to the footy

Two things are certain; you've never really spoken to a gay person & you protest too much.

Bush league for this forum to allow this account to still exist

siv

First Grade
Gaming revenue goes to the Leagues Clubs. The Leagues Clubs provide a couple of million to the football clubs.
While you are technically correct

As they provide "costs"

Penrith invested in the CoE from those funds plus you see things like real estate services like Football operation offices, Merchandise stores, FC storage etc being funded

As they provide "costs"

Penrith invested in the CoE from those funds plus you see things like real estate services like Football operation offices, Merchandise stores, FC storage etc being funded
Penrith Panthers are built on the back of exploiting those who have a gambling addiction. There are gamblers who wear nappies to the pokies so they can take a piss and shit without leaving their poker machine. It's a truly disgusting industry.

Wb1234

Immortal

As they provide "costs"

Plus also fund juniors in their area

Penrith spend around 3 million pa