What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Division in the camp?

Vicious

Bench
I`m hearing talk of division in the camp, i`m not going to speculate why there is division, but i`m told it`s near beyond repair. If this is true it may explain the recent poor form and they have been too bad to be true over the past two weeks. Anyone hearing the same reports?

macnaz

Staff member
God come on Vicious, you have to add a bit more info than that lol.
Dont tell me its the Benji -Robbie Bs still goin on?

azsportza

Live Update Team

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 10.08.46 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 10.08.46 PM.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 10.08.38 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 10.08.38 PM.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 84

Borat.

Juniors
If their is a division its not between Gibbs and farah.....

Maybe the players are dirty Gibbs and fults are possibly leaving for Blair??

super_coach

First Grade
This group of players have been together for a long time and frankly they have peaked and now are sliding down the other side of the hill quickly. When things start to go bad for a group invariably people start pointing the finger at each other and factions develope. Sheens knows it, its time to break up the group and introduce some new blood

Tigerm

First Grade
They have played ordinary the last two weeks, but they did come back to win against Penrith, when they could have easily have laid down?

Disputes are one thing, but not being professional is another, if true, they need to be shown the door, who ever it is.

Think of it like this:

Gibbs - asked to look around, club stalwart and popular amongst the squad.

Fulton - asked to look around, refer above

Payten - asked to consider his "playing" future, however will stay on in a coaching capacity. Massively, incredibly, enormously popular and respected amongst te playing group.

Moltzen - Being shopped around, at the start of his career unlike the above three, Benji's flatmate and also a popular squad member.

We are all reliant on the environment around us and we want to around people we like.

Bubbles

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Think of it like this:

Payten - asked to consider his "playing" future, however will stay on in a coaching capacity. Massively, incredibly, enormously popular and respected amongst te playing group.

Moltzen - Being shopped around, at the start of his career unlike the above three, Benji's flatmate and also a popular squad member.

We are all reliant on the environment around us and we want to around people we like.

Bubbles

On top of that you have that idiotic damage caused by Ryan's so called humourous stunt for TV with the tomato sauce in Farah's restaurant the other week. Farah shouod have decked the idiot then and there. That would have been karma, not Ryans car getting sauced.

The old, 'where there's smoke there's fire'.

Reading the Telegraph this morning and saw this piece.

'The Wests Tigers are looking anything but a premiership threat and there is a very simple reason. Benji Marshall. In the opening six rounds of the premiership, Benji came up with 12 try assists. In the past four games he's had one. He got the Tigers out of jail with an 80m try on Saturday night against the Panthers but by his high standards, he's not playing well. Why? There's mail he's not happy about rumours his best mate Tim Moltzen is being offered around to rival clubs'.

Not sure what to make of all of this, in regards to what bubbles said above, it would appear that they are a close bunch and that I guess, should be a case with a team, however, should the senior playing group be the selectors? should they decide who to retain or not, who to target from another club?

Would Benji prefer that Lui be released then? :crazy:

Tigerm

First Grade
The old, 'where there's smoke there's fire'.

Reading the Telegraph this morning and saw this piece.

'The Wests Tigers are looking anything but a premiership threat and there is a very simple reason. Benji Marshall. In the opening six rounds of the premiership, Benji came up with 12 try assists. In the past four games he's had one. He got the Tigers out of jail with an 80m try on Saturday night against the Panthers but by his high standards, he's not playing well. Why? There's mail he's not happy about rumours his best mate Tim Moltzen is being offered around to rival clubs'.

Not sure what to make of all of this, in regards to what bubbles said above, it would appear that they are a close bunch and that I guess, should be a case with a team, however, should the senior playing group be the selectors? should they decide who to retain or not, who to target from another club?

Would Benji prefer that Lui be released then? :crazy:
If he is not happy with rumours, imagine what he will be like if it happens?

They need to be reminded, it's not a mates club, if they don't want to play here, then go else where.

I think the senior group have too much clout, players come & go, our current group is getting us nowhere, we need some new players.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Our senior players have too much say in who is released and who is retained and it seems whenever something doesn't go their way they have a sook and a cry about it. This seems to result in poor on-field performances with little to no heart or urgency.

This is not good enough - if the club is looking towards the future by planning to make room for some signings, then they should be allowed to do so without this affecting the performances of the side. Gibbs and Fulton have been loyal club servants, but tough decisions need to be made and frankly, as long as they are replaced adequately (Blair will be a MASSIVE upgrade) then there is nothing to worry about.

Our players need to simply concentrate on playing and leave the recruitment and retention to the professionals. If they don't like it, they are free to walk and negotiate a release. AFAIC if they don't want to be here then they can f**k off, and I include golden child in that. If Benji is not happy about his mate being shopped around, then hold his hand and piss off with him.

The club bigger than one or two individuals and always will be. I am sick of some of our players treating the fans with such contempt that they are forced to sit through a performance like the one we were forced to watch on Saturday night.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
This was also alluded to on the Sunday Roast.

Think of it like this:

Bubbles

If this is true then its a pretty weak effort from the boys. They are professional footballers; they should know better than to get sooky if their mates are asked to move on.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last time we had this we went on a winning run that should have won us the big one.
yep, i think that was on the back of a Farah/Marshall rift.

The Gibbs twitter thing was a joke between Farah and Gibbs.

From what I have heard, the division could be Grand Canyon size.

Man oh man, I hope we don't fall apart from the inside out.

gordsy

Juniors
Our players need to simply concentrate on playing and leave the recruitment and retention to the professionals.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Given our clubs track record when ti comes to recruitment and retention of players I wouldn't trust our club to do the right thing either

R2Coupe

Juniors
Change is necessary to let the team evolve. An era has past and we have a new generation of players on the rise. Tough decisions need to be made and we have the choice of retaining older players who may get more anyway at a new club and losing our younger stars.

The release of Gibbs and Fulton follows on from O'Donnell, Harrison, Halatau and Collis.

The denigration of Moltzen on this and other forums is a disgrace. Simply a matter of some not realizing the talent of a player until it is too late.

Moltzen is down on confidence following a major injury and history records even some of our greats like Lockyer and Hodges took a full year to recover. The good news for Moltzen is he appears to have retained his pace.

R2Coupe

Juniors
This group of players have been together for a long time and frankly they have peaked and now are sliding down the other side of the hill quickly. When things start to go bad for a group invariably people start pointing the finger at each other and factions develope. Sheens knows it, its time to break up the group and introduce some new blood

I believe your are spot on. Times are changing.

Latest posts