What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Souths fans feel the same way JT does?

that's okay i'll never forget the influx of you vermin who thought it was the greatest thing in the world anasta got decked ... says alot for your club. where's all the soft sydney vermin supporters from last season ?

Tom Ace

Bench
that's okay i'll never forget the influx of you vermin who thought it was the greatest thing in the world anasta got decked ... says alot for your club. where's all the soft sydney vermin supporters from last season ?

Gone back to supporting their "second team" I suspect, which isn't much of a stretch considering they'd be doing it for 18 or so seasons previously.

We have the potential to become a top four club in the years to come, with Capewell, Sandow & Paea to come into their own, all key position players, hopefully they will develop a new trend of attack for the rabbitohs, with the experience of Craig Wing secured until 2011, I think this will build a great backbone for our halves, to establish themselves and being mentored by a junior rabbitoh and such a good player will definately benefit their cause.

assuming all junior players live to their potential, we will have a gun side in 2 or 3 years time, I call patience for souths fans.

1. Luke Capewell
2. Sam Huihahau
3. Fetuli Talanoa
4. Luke Lewis
5. Nathan Merritt
6. Eddie Paea
7. Craig Wing
8. Michael Greenfield
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. David Faalogo
12. Ben Lowe
13. John Sutton (c)

14. Chris Sandow
15. Eddy Pettybourne
16. Manase Manuokafoa
17. Jaiman Lowe

18. George Ndaira

The Informer

Juniors
Sorry Yobby, but anyone who thinks JT can coach is living in fairyland.

And Mr Angry's reference with Raper wouldn't be far from the mark.

He coaches no form of attack pattern, he has no plan. They do not construct a set of 6 with intention to open the line or create an extra man, it's just pass and hope, and hope that the odd skillful play from Sutton or the oppostions missed tackle gifts them a try. No sets ups for a set play, not even the basic use of decoy runners. Their play through the final 20 mtrs for the last 18 mths has been laughable, and as another has rightly mentioned only the skill of a Peachy that did something for them on so many occasions in the past. Just bang in forward, then bang it forward, then catch and pass and hope. And don't think it's just these last few weeks, as I said all of this was very obvious last yr.

The players are that fit today, and have been for the last 10 yrs, and well drilled in defensive formations and patterns (which even JT can run) that you need two key things to crack the line consistently. Skillful players in key positions and educated, well coached patterns of play and set plays that are capable of putting the ball through the line, or around it.

What amazes me is that JT's first two senior grade coaches (Wok and Wiz Martin) were two who successfully coached structured play built around quality set plays, especially through the final 30 mtrs. I'd have thought some of it might have sunk it, but obviously not.

JT's dug his own hole. He's been digging it for 18 or more months. Unfortunately the path he's dug will see him history as a coach.

Gone back to supporting their "second team" I suspect, which isn't much of a stretch considering they'd be doing it for 18 or so seasons previously.

All this time and you still haven't learnt a thing about South Sydney supporters! We don't have a second team because all others are beneath us.

We are South Sydney, The pride of the League

Tom Ace

Bench
All this time and you still haven't learnt a thing about South Sydney supporters! We don't have a second team because all others are beneath us.

We are South Sydney, The pride of the League

:lol:

Nope. You are beneath everyone else...Where you belong.

Attachments

• ladder.jpg
    ladder.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 103

RABK

Referee
We have the potential to become a top four club in the years to come, with Capewell, Sandow & Paea to come into their own, all key position players, hopefully they will develop a new trend of attack for the rabbitohs, with the experience of Craig Wing secured until 2011, I think this will build a great backbone for our halves,

assuming all junior players live to their potential, we will have a gun side in 2 or 3 years time, I call patience for souths fans.

1. Luke Capewell
2. Sam Huihahau
3. Fetuli Talanoa
4. Luke Lewis
5. Nathan Merritt
6. Eddie Paea
7. Craig Wing
8. Michael Greenfield
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. David Faalogo
12. Ben Lowe
13. John Sutton (c)

14. Chris Sandow
15. Eddy Pettybourne
16. Manase Manuokafoa
17. Jaiman Lowe

18. George Ndaira

Certainly a team that will strike fear into all those who oppose it.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Premierships[/FONT]
spacer.gif
-
South Sydney 20
St George 15
Easts / Roosters 12
Balmain 11
Canterbury B'dogs 8
Manly 6
Brisbane 6
Parramatta 4
Western Suburbs 4
Canberra 3
Newtown 3
Newcastle 2
North Sydney 2
Penrith 2
Melbourne 2
Wests Tigers 1
Cronulla Sharks 0
NZ Warriors 0
North Queensland 0
St Geo-Illawarra 0
spacer.gif

As I said, beneath us. The Pride of the League!

no name

Coach
Your defence seemed ok yesterday, sure we did not throw much your way but you looked pretty solid. If you can keep defending well you will be in with a shot of winning some games.
But you have to score points to win games

Wooden Spooners
Wests 17
Parra 11
University 10
Norths 9
Newtown 8
Souths 8
Balmain 4
Dogs 4
Roosters 4
Panthers 4
Annandale 3
Saints 3
Steelers 3
Gold Coast 3
Cowboys 3
sharks 2
crushers 2
Cumberland 1
Raiders 1
Knights 1

Special thanks to fellow poster "Taxi Driver" from a thread last year.

Sood

Juniors
I love how souths fans always go to the fact they have won more premierships.
I dont blame em really, its all they can respond with, cause they've been thrashed for 30 years now.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I guess the point of the matter is - when we have our Top 17 on the field, we're a finals team. Take 2 or 3 players out, and we'll definately struggle. The club put all it's eggs in the Craig Wing basket (short-term anyway), and it has backfired.

Any coach that would put all their "eggs in the Craig Wing basket" is surely a goose...

Latest posts