What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Souths fans feel the same way JT does?

Johns Magic

Referee
Any coach that would put all their "eggs in the Craig Wing basket" is surely a goose...

Even with Wing you wouldn't be doing much better.

Johns had a huge influence on teams. Lockyer has a huge influence on teams. Thurston has a huge influence on teams.

Craig Wing? The Roosters are doing better without him.

FoghornLeghorn

Juniors
Utterly useless club...have been for 3 decades now...you can bring up stats of events half a century ago but they mean nothing now...100 years from now when you're still on 20 and have been overtaken....you silly fools will spout the same tripe...

melon....

Coach
Utterly useless club...have been for 3 decades now...you can bring up stats of events half a century ago but they mean nothing now...100 years from now when you're still on 20 and have been overtaken....you silly fools will spout the same tripe...
Souffs are forever our annoying, geniused little brother.

Wooden Spooners
Souths 8
Roosters 4

:lol:

not to mention only ONE of those clubs who have won more spoons than you exist any more ... you're club is a f**king joke

as for the craig wing basket ... you proved how desperate you were ... can anyone honestly say his form in the last 2 years deserved a 4 year contract?? i suppose desperate times call for desperate measure ... we're high flying without his whinging and carrying on

FoghornLeghorn

Juniors
It should be 9 spoons...the Dogs being docked points doesn't change the fact that Soft Sydney were running deal last once again...your club owns the spoon for the 2002 season as well...

Shorty

Staff member
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Premierships[/FONT]
spacer.gif
-
South Sydney 20
St George 15
Easts / Roosters 12
Balmain 11
Canterbury B'dogs 8
Manly 6
Brisbane 6
Parramatta 4
Western Suburbs 4
Canberra 3
Newtown 3
Newcastle 2
North Sydney 2
Penrith 2
Melbourne 2
Wests Tigers 1
Cronulla Sharks 0
NZ Warriors 0
North Queensland 0
St Geo-Illawarra 0
spacer.gif

As I said, beneath us. The Pride of the League!
:roll:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sorry Yobby, but anyone who thinks JT can coach is living in fairyland.

And Mr Angry's reference with Raper wouldn't be far from the mark.

He coaches no form of attack pattern, he has no plan. They do not construct a set of 6 with intention to open the line or create an extra man, it's just pass and hope, and hope that the odd skillful play from Sutton or the oppostions missed tackle gifts them a try. No sets ups for a set play, not even the basic use of decoy runners. Their play through the final 20 mtrs for the last 18 mths has been laughable, and as another has rightly mentioned only the skill of a Peachy that did something for them on so many occasions in the past. Just bang in forward, then bang it forward, then catch and pass and hope. And don't think it's just these last few weeks, as I said all of this was very obvious last yr.

The players are that fit today, and have been for the last 10 yrs, and well drilled in defensive formations and patterns (which even JT can run) that you need two key things to crack the line consistently. Skillful players in key positions and educated, well coached patterns of play and set plays that are capable of putting the ball through the line, or around it.

What amazes me is that JT's first two senior grade coaches (Wok and Wiz Martin) were two who successfully coached structured play built around quality set plays, especially through the final 30 mtrs. I'd have thought some of it might have sunk it, but obviously not.

JT's dug his own hole. He's been digging it for 18 or more months. Unfortunately the path he's dug will see him history as a coach.
I would agree. The game plan reminds me of Raper - hope the good players do something.
I keep hearing Eddie Paea is unfit, but had no injuries in the off season, player not fit - who else but the coach can you blame - perhaps the fitness trainer - but who would blame the fitness guy over the coach?
I keep hearing Eddie Paea has defensive issues, surley that is cured by a good coach.
Ben Rogers selected @ 7.

Anyways, I do not rate him at all.

Time will tell.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Shorty said:
What I love in these comparisons - you would think the poster had something to do with it, when the side won premierships.

I doubt they were born.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
It should be 9 spoons...the Dogs being docked points doesn't change the fact that Soft Sydney were running deal last once again...your club owns the spoon for the 2002 season as well...

Good to see a Rorter admit that the 2002 GF should have an asterix next to it.

Well done you buffoon. :lol:

What I love is the fact that the Roosters claim to be a succesful modern day club on the back of winning, or should I say, being gifted a premiership in 2002. If the Dogs don't go over the cap, you guys haven't won one since 1974! Succesful my ar$e!

Brycey

Juniors
Yet Dogs had the exact same team bar Vagana the next year and couldnt kill us off in the prelim.

Kiss the rings bitch.

Tom Ace

Bench
What I love is the fact that the Roosters claim to be a succesful modern day club on the back of winning, or should I say, being gifted a premiership in 2002. If the Dogs don't go over the cap, you guys haven't won one since 1974! Succesful my ar$e!

:? But they did.

So your argument is irrelevant.

Danish

Referee
Take players like Craig Wing, David Fa'alogo, Nigel Vagana and Issac Luke out of any side and they're going to struggle.

All but one of the clubs you poached these players from are doing just fine without them ;)

Round four boys and girls. You can continue to go off all you like, but its a long season. 4 losses and you guys are already soiling yourselves in anticipation of a poor year. Come and see me round 26.

if the dogs don't go over the cap they don't have a super team like they had

oh ... we won in 1975 ... you souffs fans should know that since you're all stuck in the past ;-)

:? But they did.

So your argument is irrelevant.

FMD 30 years, 30 premierships gone by. You guys are 1 / 30 and we are 0 / 30. Wow we've been owned. It has to have been by far the most succesful period in your clubs history! Lets face it, the Roosters are a second rate club and always have been. There is not one important stat from the last 100 years that you guys own and the jealousy shines like a beacon. No matter what period of Rugby League history we are talking, you have never been a dominant team and it burns you poor c0ck lovers big time. Come and see me when you guys have at least one dynasty!

Latest posts