What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

lingard

Coach
Luke Brooks is a far poorer defender than Sandow... Yet never any ??'s about whether he'll be dropped to NSW cup. The Tiggers coaches last year and this obviously take that bad part of his game with his good and adjust defensive patterns accordingly. Seemingly our coaching staff don't/can't do that with Sandow in our side. Or, they have and they don't consider his defence an issue, but more his composure (lack of) and erratic playmaking. I think it's the latter...

I agree with you. His defence is bad, but that's not really the issue. The issue is his attacking play - it's not as good as people think.

Incorrect

Coach
I agree with you. His defence is bad, but that's not really the issue. The issue is his attacking play - it's not as good as people think.

That's what I was getting at in my post... His relegation to Wenty is not all about his defensive shortcomings I don't think. His critics harp on and on about what a dreadful defender he is, and that's fair enough, but there has to be more to it. To me, it's the pushing of silly passes early in tackle counts, or trying a chip n chase inside your own half (V the Bulldogs), the inability to build pressure and force the opposition in to line drop outs. He's been like that since he came in to first grade. I can only think that the team trains one way during the week and Sandow goes out and plays a different way come game day and BA has had enough and feels he can't get through to him anymore.

Jamie Soward kept his spot in the premiership winning Dragons team despite having a reputation for being just as poor a defender as Sandow, and he had probably less strings to his bow than Sandow does... but he followed a game plan and played to his strengths, ie his kicking game, to help drive his team towards a common goal.

i think its partly the fact that the players outside him often havte no idea what he's about to do...at times when u need them to. And that applies in attack and defense.

lingard

Coach
Corey Norman has missed 2.5 tackles a game on average this year, Sandow is 3.6 average... and the ones that he does make have been quite effective this year. Please spare me this nonsense, 1 tackle a game that doesn't lead to a try is f**king trivial. I'm out I'll let someone else take over the education. The whole team has been defencively poor, can someone look up how many tackles missed, errors we have made and penalties we have given away. We would be certain to be dead last if those 3 categories were combined. That is either poor coaching or a poor squad. There is no scapegoat required here.

Get over it, f#ck-face. Go and support the Melbourne Storm, you idiot. Go and troll somewhere else. Sandow is not wanted by the coach and at least half the fans here. His defence has nothing to do with it. It's his attacking game that stinks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ah, that's true.
But how many times have we scored off a 40/20? I can't remember one since Sandow has been at the Eels.
And Luke Kelly slotted a pretty fine field goal on Saturday.
And his goal kicking, while obviously still the best in the team, has gotten worse over the years.
I don't think he's all that valuable to us. In a lot of respects he's more of a liability.

That is true, too.

I rate Norman, but I just reckon Sandow makes usmore of an attacking threat.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Get over it, f#ck-face. Go and support the Melbourne Storm, you idiot. Go and troll somewhere else. Sandow is not wanted by the coach and at least half the fans here. His defence has nothing to do with it. It's his attacking game that stinks.

Infraction and deletion mods? I've told someone to shut up and been pulled up for it. This is triggering to me as when I was in primary school I was called an idiot f**k face and I think this guy is the same person.

Last edited:

jason taylor

Bench
I must be alone, I don't understand all this Norman hype. For me he is simply a no frills solid first grader. Could do worse, but could do a lot better than him.

lingard

Coach
I must be alone, I don't understand all this Norman hype. For me he is simply a no frills solid first grader. Could do worse, but could do a lot better than him.

And Foran is in the same boat as far as I'm concerned. We should have thrown zillions of dollars at Daley Cherry-Evans. We'll end up with two very solid, professional halves - and no attacking spark. We need a Sandow-type half (but not Sandow).

forward pass

Coach

well......that escalated quickly !

T.S Quint

Coach
And Foran is in the same boat as far as I'm concerned. We should have thrown zillions of dollars at Daley Cherry-Evans. We'll end up with two very solid, professional halves - and no attacking spark. We need a Sandow-type half (but not Sandow).

Gee, what an awful thing to have.

Captain BF

Juniors
Ray Warren made an interesting comment tonight that Sandow would be Foran's partner next year. I wonder if it was opinion or a slip of information he may have.

Avenger

Immortal
There was our 150 plus game veteran who has never tasted finals football putting in another lazy display who couldn't kick one pissy goal to save his life. Then at the death he gifts Souths possession and they run away with it. I am convinced the poor bastard is cursed. He has now been here for 4 years and will have a 75% spoon rate. If Arthur re-signs him under any circumstances he should be sacked immediately.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Ray Warren made an interesting comment tonight that Sandow would be Foran's partner next year. I wonder if it was opinion or a slip of information he may have.

He also said Norman is likely to be wearing the 7 jumper next year for us

T.S Quint

Coach
There was our 150 plus game veteran who has never tasted finals football putting in another lazy display who couldn't kick one pissy goal to save his life. Then at the death he gifts Souths possession and they run away with it. I am convinced the poor bastard is cursed. He has now been here for 4 years and will have a 75% spoon rate. If Arthur re-signs him under any circumstances he should be sacked immediately.

As much as I don't like Sandow, he's not the one that's cursed - it's the club.
Sandow kicked at over 80% at Souths. Used to kick 'em from the sideline with his eyes closed.
Comes to Parra and drops to 67%. Can't even get one just to the side of the posts.

This club just f**ks players. We are cursed.

Latest posts