What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

Avenger

Immortal
:lol:

Don't you want him to make the cut over there, Avenger? Even I want to see the guy succeed, even if it's against the odds.

I do mate. We probably do need to move on from him but if he was available I just couldn't resist him. He's just too good mate.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think with Foran, Sandow and Norman, we could almost create a new style of play where the half/five-eight/full-back rotate around and "bob up" in different parts of the field for different plays/circumstances. Would definitely keep the defence guessing if all three played fullback and all three played in the halves at different times during the match...

Hoppa has been pretty solid at fullback so far but solid or even good will never be enough as long as he wears that famous number 1 jersey. Hayne was a player who comes along once in a life time and no matter who wears that jersey they'll never be able to do half the things Hayne could.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think with Foran, Sandow and Norman, we could almost create a new style of play where the half/five-eight/full-back rotate around and "bob up" in different parts of the field for different plays/circumstances. Would definitely keep the defence guessing if all three played fullback and all three played in the halves at different times during the match...

And we also play 2 hookers at the same time. Sometimes peats go in there and sometimes isaac

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I was going to ask the same, could Norman put a few kgs on over the offseason ( he is 186cm so could add a few kgs to his frame) and play lock/middle in the role Seffa currently plays?

Have no idea what the outcome is going to be, but Arthur is in a fairly good position. Gee it was only a few years ago we had Mortimer/Robson, a few NRL coaches wouldnt mind being in Arthur's positin right now.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Norman doesn't have the frame to put on more body weight. He's a better half than Sandow anyway, plus he's contracted for 2016 whereas Sandow isn't.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm assuming the opposite but I'm not confident. I'm very keen to see what Arthur's does.

Foran is a better left side ball player than Norman but Norman is a left footer so isn't it better that he stays on the left also? I suppose it depends on who has the superior passing game and can better adapt on their ' new side'

yy_cheng

Coach
Norman has also played the traditional half role this year in the middle passing the a running sandow playing as a traditional five 8th

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I spoke with a member of the Dragons' premiership winning streak, and he said that tactical change revolutionised rugby league. He said he wondered why nobody thought of it earlier.

Might've been due to the preponderance of restarts near the sideline back in the day.