What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Valheru

Coach
Access to information.

In say 1119, they simply do no have access to the infomation to make an informed decision.

And we do now? How do you know?

I get what you are saying, the more we advance and can explain phenomena the less requirement there is for religion.

However until science can explain the nature of existence and reality religion will still have some place albeit not as traditionally practiced.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
And we do now?
Of course not, but you have access to alternate views by the thousands, instead of a dogma a whole society was oppressed into by violence. Well some of us, some still are kept without education, access to information and oppressed into it by violence.

What we do now know, without dispute, is being gay is not a choice a person makes.

Anyone who wishes to punish people for born gay is just truly ignorant. Even just 100 years this was normal, still is it seems.

The world will catch up, education leads to freedoms and away from dogmas.

The Rosco

Bench
Not sure if he's up for a 3some between he and his wife mate.

But we know a lot of these gay haters are closet gays so you could be in with a shot in a parking lot somewhere.
So let me get this clear . . . you are incensed at people saying disparaging things about gays . . . yet you taunt this guy by insinuating he's gay.
That . . . right there . . . will do me.

Valheru

Coach
Of course not, but you have access to alternate views by the thousands, instead of a dogma a whole society was oppressed into by violence. Well some of us, some still are kept without education, access to information and oppressed into it by violence.

What we do now know, without dispute, is being gay is not a choice a person makes.

Anyone who wishes to punish people for born gay is just truly ignorant. Even just 100 years this was normal, still is it seems.

The world will catch up, education leads to freedoms and away from dogmas.

Historically most religious people weren't oppressed in to it by violence, it was just something they were taught from birth and a 'fact' of the nature of existence.

There have been a tonne of people oppressed in to it by violence but more the flavour of religion rather than religion itself.

Equally, oppression does not require religion. Soviet Russia, modern day China and North Korea being examples.

Agree with the rest of what you say and I'm certainly not defending what he said. Just saying that if (and it's a big if) a club wanted to employ him they probably should be able to.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Historically most religious people weren't oppressed in to it by violence, it was just something they were taught from birth and a 'fact' of the nature of existence.

There have been a tonne of people oppressed in to it by violence but more the flavour of religion rather than religion itself.

Equally, oppression does not require religion. Soviet Russia, modern day China and North Korea being examples.

Agree with the rest of what you say and I'm certainly not defending what he said. Just saying that if (and it's a big if) a club wanted to employ him they probably should be able to.
Religion should not be oppressed, if you want to believe in a God, I have no issue as long as I do not.

No hanging people for being gay, but.

I just understand why a homosexual would be offended. That is what has been annoying me.

As to playing for a NRL club, time will tell, if he does, it actually would not bother me. What bothers me is people not getting why gay's are upset.

I suspect there will be a CEO's unwritten agreement that no one does sign him.

Or they come to the this business solution
CEO of South African Super Rugby franchise the Bulls, Alfonso Meyer, revealed he was contacted to gauge his interest in recruiting the former Wallaby but said Folau is simply too controversial a figure to take a risk on.
LINK

I think Falou has made his own employment untenable in a modern sporting corporate evnvironment.

Valheru

Coach
Religion should not be oppressed, if you want to believe in a God, I have no issue as long as I do not.

No hanging people for being gay, but.

I just understand why a homosexual would be offended. That is what has been annoying me.

As to playing for a NRL club, time will tell, if he does, it actually would not bother me. What bothers me is people not getting why gay's are upset.

I suspect there will be a CEO's unwritten agreement that no one does sign him.

Or they come to the this business solution

LINK

I think Falou has made his own employment untenable in a modern sporting corporate evnvironment.

Yep agree with all of that.

AJB1102

First Grade
I have no place for religion in my life but view points like this don't make sense to me.

Are you saying that 99% of all humans that have lived up until this point will be looked at as mentally ill?

Nah there will be a cut off and it'll depend on levels of access to education and knowledge available at the time and place. 2019 Australia and got a sky boss? Cookoo.

Rod McClusky

Juniors
Don't worry, spud, there will still be an acknowledgment of the existence of just genuine dumb merkins for which their religion and mental illness were merely underlying factors. Your kind wont go unrecognised.
The more Chaos in the world the more people will turn to religion
This is going to be the chaos decade!

Look at how many people went to church the day after 9/11

AJB1102

First Grade

Sadly I can kind of agree.

Also apologies to the mods for my post that got deleted.

Mr Spock!

Referee
So let me get this clear . . . you are incensed at people saying disparaging things about gays . . . yet you taunt this guy by insinuating he's gay.
That . . . right there . . . will do me.
Only disparaging to those who being called gay is an insult.

Do you have a problem with gays?

Much better for you to come out then stay in the closet.

I can point you in the direction of some people who can help you with that.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Not many turning here or in the West mate...in fact the fastest growing religious group in Australia is No Religion.

Even when you include Hillsong types which folau vehemently hates.

This isn't the decade of chaos either, it's the decade of culture wars and social media.

Latest posts