What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
42a4569c22d1c92820392b32731595d175ecf1d6

f77226d8ff1fab2afe0fe28bac384d4d63745637

betcats

Referee
It's because of the Church that "They" even exist. Try and live how they like in any other country that is not a Western (therefore) Christian country. The West is built on Christianity and now that we are all doing good, it's OK to kick it when it's down.

Oh yes if it wasn't for the church homosexuals wouldn't exist. You f**king delusional, brainwashed muppet
I can tell you right nowthere are openly gay and bisexual people living in eastern countries, don't talk about shit when you clearly have f**k all idea you moron. Go to India and have a look around, they have a very different idea of sexuality there then we do in this country.

TheFrog

Coach
So what was your point about the murals? You implied they were some sort of attack on heterosexuality in an area you referred to as "gay central." And yet, it is the murals that are being attacked by bigots.

And apparently, according to you, gay people are trying to stop you working, because they don't like you. I asked if you were joking.

Have you thought this through?
They are trying to stop Israel Folou working, especially the owner of HKR. The mural was an attack on Israel Folou. Let it go mate, your comprehension is not great.

betcats

Referee
They are trying to stop Israel Folou working, especially the owner of HKR. The mural was an attack on Israel Folou. Let it go mate, your comprehension is not great.

Who is they? Do gay people run the SL? And RU? And the NRL? You f**king idiot.

Do you not realise what an utter imbecile you come off as insinuating gay people are stopping people from working?

TheFrog

Coach
Who is they? Do gay people run the SL? And RU? And the NRL? You f**king idiot.
The owner of HKR, who is gay, is threatening legal action against Catalans. Do try to keep up, and while you are at it stick your names up your arse sideways. Always someone who has to spoil a civil discussion, and its very often you.

betcats

Referee
The owner of HKR, who is gay, is threatening legal action against Catalans. Do try to keep up, amd while you are at it stick your names up your arse sideways.

That's one club. What about RU? And the NRL? And the Superleague? You f**king idiot. I am actually a little embarrassed for you.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He says, misspelling Israel Folau's name twice. If you're gonna defend the guy, at least spell it correctly?

Either way, they're not trying to stop Folau working, they just want input into whose contracts get registered, because like it or not signing players like him results in net effects for the whole league, not just the one club.

Still would love to know how a man who's swindled millions out of willing followers, won a (likely) lucrative sum of money in a workplace dispute and now has signed what is presumably a cosy deal with a new club in a new code is the victim.

Timmah

Staff member
The owner of HKR, who is gay, is threatening legal action against Catalans. Do try to keep up, and while you are at it stick your names up your arse sideways. Always someone who has to spoil a civil discussion, and its very often you.
He's threatening legal action because the actions of Catalans in signing Folau are very much a risk for the rest of the league.

Outlining the circumstances in which that might happen, the Hull KR chairman added: "For example, if title sponsor withdraws, or external investment is not secured, or quantifiable reputational damage is caused to the brand of Super League and its members."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/51368373

Given how precarious RL clubs in the UK generally are (see Widnes, Bradford etc), it's a fair call that these clubs want to protect their brand and investment.

betcats

Referee
Isreal is toxic to corporates.

Sleep in the bed you made.

This. I work for a corporate and diversity and inclusion is being pushed to no end. The only mandatory inclusion for KPIs on our individual appraisal is "diversity & Inclusion champion" and this is a bank I am talking about, not some feel good company.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The gay community are not trying to stop Folau working. Hull KR are concerned about potential loss of sponsors. Folau is still working, and isn't short of a quid.

My comprehesion is fine. It's your argument that is struggling.

Valheru

Coach
He says, misspelling Israel Folau's name twice. If you're gonna defend the guy, at least spell it correctly?

Either way, they're not trying to stop Folau working, they just want input into whose contracts get registered, because like it or not signing players like him results in net effects for the whole league, not just the one club.

Still would love to know how a man who's swindled millions out of willing followers, won a (likely) lucrative sum of money in a workplace dispute and now has signed what is presumably a cosy deal with a new club in a new code is the victim.

I personally find that a ludicrous position.

If a club wants to sign him and adopt the risk, that is on them.

Timmah

Staff member
I personally find that a ludicrous position.

If a club wants to sign him and adopt the risk, that is on them.
How is this not understandable?

Of course Catalans signing and their own risk is on him - Hull KR are concerned about potential impacts on their own sponsors, investments and other potentially impacted revenue streams (and judging by the same article I quoted, so are all other SL clubs).

If that's not something that you think other clubs are at risk of then I don't know how well you understand business?

Valheru

Coach
So it has no effect on the league?

Yeah it does but the league isn't his employer.

I was more referring to other clubs wanting a say in who can be signed, how ridiculous. They have all come out pretty strongly condemning Folau and Catalans with one club even putting on a LGBQTI appreciation night in response to the signing which is their right. So what reason is there exactly for a sponsor to ditch one of the other clubs?

This is all becoming an exercise in PC and virtue signalling now. Folau got what he deserved from ARU as he is a dope and he would have to wear it if no club wanted to sign him. However, he still has the right to work should a prospective employer want to utilise his services and adopt the risk. Catalans have indicated they are willing to do so and should be able to unfettered.

Valheru

Coach
How is this not understandable?

Of course Catalans signing and their own risk is on him - Hull KR are concerned about potential impacts on their own sponsors, investments and other potentially impacted revenue streams (and judging by the same article I quoted, so are all other SL clubs).

If that's not something that you think other clubs are at risk of then I don't know how well you understand business?

See my response to betcats.

It is up to other clubs to manage their own sponsors, not Catalans.

Timmah

Staff member
It is up to other clubs to manage their own sponsors, not Catalans.
This isn't a normal set of corporate circumstances though, this is a collective league and if clubs want to make noise about this they're probably within their rights. That said, as per my previous post I'd rather it all just quietened down. He's playing for them starting this weekend possibly, just let it happen now it's going ahead.

Valheru

Coach
This isn't a normal set of corporate circumstances though, this is a collective league and if clubs want to make noise about this they're probably within their rights. That said, as per my previous post I'd rather it all just quietened down. He's playing for them starting this weekend possibly, just let it happen now it's going ahead.

No it's not normal, I take your point. I have no problem with clubs coming out and condemning it etc. but wanting a say in other clubs signings is a step to far IMO.

I agree with just letting it happen and move on.

Latest posts