What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you support the team in your geographical area?

Do you support the team in your geographical area?

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Do you live in NORTH Sydney though? Your area is debatable.

macavity

Referee
yes, support the mighty Knights and proud to be a Novocastrian.

my Mrs reckons anyone from Newcastle that doesn't support the Knights should be tasered.

cant say I disagree.

girvie

Staff member
Dodger said:
Do you live in NORTH Sydney though? Your area is debatable.
Not in the suburb of North Sydney, but the suburb i live in is within the North Sydney Bears district. (Near Chatswood).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fair call. I never fully understood the difference between North Shore (Bears) and Northern Beaches (f**king Sea Eagles).

:lol:

If the CC ever got a team I'd be a season ticket holder to both. :p

The Preacher

First Grade
Schillaci said:
north shore is south of middle harbour.

And I thought I got lost all the time because I'm old and senile. I'll be right now though, because I'll remember that north is south of the middle.
Never to be lost again !!!

t-ba

Post Whore
Basically, The Northern Suburbs of Sydney can be divided into:

Lower NS: North Sydney, Lane Cove, Hunters Hill, Mosman and Willoughby Councils
Middle NS: Ku-Ring-Gai
Upper NS: Hornsby Shire

Hills District: Baulkhum Hills Shire

Insular Peninsular: Manly, Pittwater, Warringah

Born and Bred in Willoughby. Gone for Manly most of my life, but always had an extremely soft spot for the Bears.

Live in Brisbane these days. Hell will freeze over before I go for the Drongos.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Schillaci said:
north shore is south of middle harbour.

Southwest of middle harbour to be precise ;)

As for the original question I live in the Bears catchement area but moved from NZ 5 years ago, and support the Warriors like I did before I moved.

Schillaci

Juniors
sydneyharbour299eh0.gif

Sharkie™

Juniors
Good poll, i have always been curious about this myself because i dont live in cronulla (and never have) but i randomly picked the sharks when i was 8 years old and have supported them strongly for 11 years now.

magpie_man

Juniors
I was born in Camden and went for the Magpies largely coz they were the local team and also my old man went for them. I don't live in Sydney anymore though.

m0j0

Bench
Because NRL wasn't specified, I said yes. I live about 500m from Wyong Leagues Club and I support the Roos.
As for NRL teams, I'm a born and bred Novocastrian but I've never supported the Knights. I'd been following the Roosters for about 8 years before the Knights entered the comp and loyalty overcame locality.
I moved out of home when I was 20 and I've since lived on the North Shore, Melbourne, back to Newcastle and settled on the Central Coast about 11 years ago. I certainly had no allegiance to the Northern Eagles in their short existance, purely because of Manly.

phonetic

Juniors
Yep. Lived my first 2 years on one side of Hurstville, have been living on the other side for the last 21 years. Also, there was a 6 month stint at Kogarah thrown in there... 5 minutes walk from Kogarah oval no less.

drake

First Grade
Yes, but only through coincidence.

Born in North Sydney, raised in South Sydney, Settled in the Illawarra/ South Coast.

Dragons all my life, I have the scars from Rabid rabbits to prove it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Born in Blacktown sort of in between Parramatta and Penrith, grew in the district, now I live in the hills area which is sort of part of Parramatta.

Latest posts