What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you support your local team?

NikkiShark

Juniors
I was born in Manly, but I never liked them so I supported the Sharks..
I live on the Central Coast and our Jersey Flegg team is crap...
a few of my friends from school play in the team, but it doesn't make me support them

Raider_69

Post Whore
Penrith lad born and breed
i think a large part of the reason i dont follow penrith was my mind set.Where by if something is shoved down my throat ill more then likely throw it up and go another direction just to be a prick, I grew up in league just after a good period for penrith, everyone was a panthers fan, and i had it well and truely fed to me. That direction was Canberra, was canberra mainly cause at the time Green was my favourite colour. That was when i was five, been a loyal Raiders fan ever since :D

Worth noting before i was old enough to tell em i go for canberra, i was a Penrith fan by defult from my mum. Thanks to my dad i very nearly became a dogs fan... i never believed in god but something up there was watching over me and clearly told me Green over blue. I thank that voice every day :lol: and since that day ive hated Canterbury :lol:

aussies1st

Staff member
I was born in Sydney. Moved to NZ after 2 years in Aus. I started supporting the Raiders when i was 8. This was based on my favourite color being green and the Raiders shirted fitted that bill.:) (Thank god i didn't pick the bunnies green) Since then haven't looked back.

Dani

Immortal
lived in melbourne my whole life, and i support storm, and always will

Yep Melbourne Born Storm Supporter.

Follow Penrith prior to the Storm as the club was very mush like StKilda (the AFL club I followed at the time.)

I lived in QLD North and South so I am also happy to see them do well. although they are part of a list of teams I really like the Storm to beat.
:D

lotti

Bench
not this week because I'm still mad about the last time they played, my local team is the Cowboys and I normally tip them to win but this week I've tipped them to lose against the Dragons.

lotti said:
not this week because I'm still mad about the last time they played, my local team is the Cowboys and I normally tip them to win but this week I've tipped them to lose against the Dragons.

So you are a Cowboys supporter now?

RiotAct

Juniors
i live in parramatta, but my Dad brainwashed me to support Canterbury since the day I was born, thank god he did love you dad!

C.P

Juniors
Most people follow a team because their family or dad do but i wanted to follow the opposite.
Im born and bred in Penrith all my life but my first memories of Rugby League were of my Dad, a staunch Parramatta supporter (who grew up in Wenworthville) watching the 82/83 grand finals and Parramatta winning both. By the time the 84 Grand Final rolled around i was a bit more aware 7 year old and when the Bulldogs rolled my old mans team in that grand final I said to myself im going to follow that team because its better than my dads :lol: From that moment on I have been nothing but a Bulldogs supporter and will always be. My dad never tried to change my mind and i remember for years we used to travel by train out to Belmore and sit on the hill to watch the big Parramatta v Bulldogs clashes throughout the late 80s and i was never happier than catching the train home looking at my dads glum face after a Bulldog victory :lol:
We went to Parra v Penrith or Bulldogs v Penrith matches when i was growing up as it was close and as i got older i went to a lot of Penrith matches with friends and i still do so i consider my local team Penrith to be my 2nd team and i like to see them do well. However The Bulldogs are FOREVER :D

Top thread. As for me..

Born & Bred in the Shire, Living in various 'burbs until I left when i was 27. All the kids in my street where I grew up followed either St George or South Sydney, and in games of touch footy in our cul-de-sac as a young tacker I ended up playing for the Dragons, and my support for the Red & Whites started from there. I never had an inkling of support for the sharks, never hated them, just another team to me.

I now live in the Eastern Suburbs - Rooster Country. They are a team I've always despised. I see the players a lot at my local hotel, and they are the coolest, friendliest bunch of blokes you'd be likely to meet. True professionals - but come game time all bets are off and my hatred rises again.

lotti

Bench
That's why I have 2 teams C.P one of them is because of my family(most of them are Manly supporters except for my cousin he's hoping to play for the sharks so getting the support for that team in early and an uncle who is a Bulldog one).

Franko

Juniors
I have grown up in Mascot Sydney.

I bleed Blue and blue for Mascot and Red and Green for Souths.
In fact it's a joke with my friends that i pump my chest when either are brought up in conversation.

tyniej

Juniors
was born in surry hills and all my family are tigers fans, its all i ever knew. i moved around heaps but have been most settled in newcastle. so i am a tigers fan but love to see the knights beat all but the tigers. i attend more knight sgames than tigers because of the travel obviously. but another thing to point out is that i attend a local newcastle comp game every weekend.

lotti

Bench
UndertakerMike said:
Yep Melbourne Born Storm Supporter.

Follow Penrith prior to the Storm as the club was very mush like StKilda (the AFL club I followed at the time.)

I lived in QLD North and South so I am also happy to see them do well. although they are part of a list of teams I really like the Storm to beat. :D
Your like me Mike, loyal to the Victorian team because we were born down there.

tz17

Juniors
Born: Wollongong
Live: Wollongong
Support: Manly

Family alliengence that will never change. I used to love going to WIN stadium and supporting manly against the steelers, although ill admit it was a sad day when the steelers merged with saints.

Ill only support the local team if manly are no longer in the race, then ill support the locals. Sadly i think i'll be cheerin on the dragons in a couple of weeks :(

MONY

Juniors
have grown up in the "shire" and used to support the sharks up untill hall way through 99 when i tipped the storm to beat them and i liked how they played so i made a switch. now im a proud sydney storm supporter.

Snoop

Coach
I was not born in Newcastle but have lived here for more than half my life.

Do I support the Knights?

HELL NO!

bluesbreaker

Bench
I was born at the Mater in Newcastle, and have been following the Knights since the very start. I was there (at like 3 years old :p) at their very first game at Marathon.

Edit: I also followed the Steelers, Norths and Roosters at differing times as my 'second' team - Behind Newcastle of course - and currently i've got a bit of a soft spot for the Sharkies and the Warriors. Maybe now the Roosters have offloaded all of their niggling asshole players like Hodges, Ricketson, Walker and Crocker I can go back to liking them a little bit :).

Latest posts