What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you tip against your team?

Do you tip against your team in tipping comps?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, do you?

In my comps I have tipped against the dragons when I've thought we wouldn't win. Makes me feel like a real d!ckhead when they get up though (such as me tipping the Broncos when we beat them two weeks ago). IMO its gotta be your head over your heart.

The Preacher

First Grade
Just can't do it BBJF, i've got a mate that bets against them and still calls himself a Saints man, but I just can't put the pen or the mouse near the opposition. It's like I'd let them down if I did. I've been called a dill before and it'll happen again, but I just can't do it. [-(

Sharkie™

Juniors
i have to believe the sharks will win, i do well in tipping comps usually 2nd or 3rd but if i didnt tip the sharks when i didnt think they would get up i would come first. they cost me so many points.

miccle

Bench
I tip with my head and not my heart, although I usually only tip against the Broncos in tight matches where either side could win. This is usually based on the hope that my bad tipping record will jinx whoever we're playing against :)

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
Sometimes its good to tip or even bet against your team. It works as a kind of insurance..... If your team wins, your happy that they won and you have something to cheer for, if they lose, well you get the tip right and perhaps win a bit of money out of it, to ease the pain

regularly.

I'm a shrewd tipster.

I've seen my team plummit to the depths of the competition and wallow in their own mediocrity for many years. You become accustomed to failure and realise that regardless of who you tip, your team will invariably be beaten.
At the same time I've got a good sense for when we may upset a more fancied rival and this may lure me into making a wager.

When you support a side like the raiders over the last couple of years, and are involved in a serious tipping comp that has large proze money, it is very hard to tip your side to win, when you know almost certainly they are going to lose. If I beleive the Raiders have a reasonable chance of winning then yes I tip them. But when its a foregone conclusion I don't

The Preacher said:
Just can't do it BBJF, i've got a mate that bets against them and still calls himself a Saints man, but I just can't put the pen or the mouse near the opposition. It's like I'd let them down if I did. I've been called a dill before and it'll happen again, but I just can't do it. [-(

Trust me it aint easy when I do, I feel as though I'm betraying the mighties. It doesn't happen often. Its probably a result of me tipping them regardless in previous years (knowing they might struggle sometimes) and finishing well down the list.

But I can see your point of view. Of my mates half do, half don't. And its the ones that do who tend to finish highest.

When I have to and only when Joey's out, generally its a dead tip as no one else tips the knights either due to our "one man" syndrome.

Raider_69

Post Whore
At the start of each year i decide, weather ill tip us each and every week, or ill tip against us each week, this season i have ellected to tip against us all year... unless i have a massive gut feeling that we'll win, hasnt happened yet

Inferno

Coach
Yep definately.

If you want to be a serious tipster you go with the head, not the heart.

That said Im taking the sharks this week over the tigers. :p

Snoop

Coach
Tipping against your team is a bit of an each way bet. If they lose then at least you got your tip right, if you got your tip wrong at least your team won!

Being a pessimist I do find myself tipping against my team.

OVP

Coach
I just cant do it. Even when i definitely know we will lose. Its a sickness ;-)

Latest posts