What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 113 51.6%

• Total voters

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah, if the thing you're trying to get better at is constantly evolving, like the NRL, then you aren't necessarily going to get better with experience. If it's something like woodworking you should be fine.

This is true.
Bennet and Bellamy along with Ricky are some of the longest serving coaches and some of the best.
But you also have defense and attack coaches. The main coach should be there to give leadership,motivation and build a team. I do not think NRL is that hard a game. Heck a good kick chase and kicking games alone can win you games.

Eelogical

Referee
This is true.
Bennet and Bellamy along with Ricky are some of the longest serving coaches and some of the best.
But you also have defense and attack coaches. The main coach should be there to give leadership,motivation and build a team. I do not think NRL is that hard a game. Heck a good kick chase and kicking games alone can win you games.
Yet, after 33 years we still can't kick a a barn door if we had it by the handle or chase a kick down field as if it was a grub getting sussed out by a crow.

Snoochies

First Grade
Sliding doors moment I guess. If we didn't premature ejaculate and waited til the deadline like they said, does Arthur get his extension?

They obviously rushed and put the Melbourne flogging down to uncertainty and thought by securing Arthur everyone can go back to focussing on the game.

Had they waited like they intended, Arthur would not be coaching next year IMO, we are all seeing the same thing yet again. Arthur may still yet not coach and get given the flick, but now that costs the club a lot of dollars to do so.

Soto

Bench
Sliding doors moment I guess. If we didn't premature ejaculate and waited til the deadline like they said, does Arthur get his extension?

They obviously rushed and put the Melbourne flogging down to uncertainty and thought by securing Arthur everyone can go back to focussing on the game.

Had they waited like they intended, Arthur would not be coaching next year IMO, we are all seeing the same thing yet again. Arthur may still yet not coach and get given the flick, but now that costs the club a lot of dollars to do so.
Spot on and well said.
He is not the coach to take us forward. His continued bias to certain players is mind boggling.
The "Pou" effort plays need to walk with him. Group discount for flights to England to play in the ESL.
I don't give a f%ck if we have to cut him loose and pay him out.
Get a better coach in and improved results and $$$ lost will come back in no time from increased sponsorship, membership, merchandise sales, leagues club attendance.
When the team is going garbage as they are, all the above start declining.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Unforgivable decision from Gurr and the board.

Most people were happy we were playing better but also most fans are happy with the hardline approach to Guth and his management and to BA. We were coming off a spoon season no one deserved to be wrapped up until they had proven themselves.

Noise

Coach
Unforgivable decision from Gurr and the board.

Most people were happy we were playing better but also most fans are happy with the hardline approach to Guth and his management and to BA. We were coming off a spoon season no one deserved to be wrapped up until they had proven themselves.

Yep, they were going to wait until June. Rushing to sign the wooden spoon coach is laughable. If we were 8 wins 4 losses in June then i could understand re-signing him as we would be half way through the season and looking like making the 8. It's not as if there were 15 other teams lining up for his services

IFR33K

Coach
Yep, they were going to wait until June. Rushing to sign the wooden spoon coach is laughable. If we were 8 wins 4 losses in June then i could understand re-signing him as we would be half way through the season and looking like making the 8. It's not as if there were 15 other teams lining up for his services

Gutho forced the boards hand IMO. We’re in a bit of a pickle now, going to be difficult to turn it around after a great start to the season

Noise

Coach
Gutho forced the boards hand IMO. We’re in a bit of a pickle now, going to be difficult to turn it around after a great start to the season

Gutho can't dictate who the coach is. Gutho admitted he didn't have any offers from other clubs. Why did we extend the wooden spoon coach on the demands of our wooden spoon captain?

eel01s

Bench
After last night's game BA can go now for all I care. Seriously I don't think I have seen a more hopeless performance in a long time.

If it is the players and not BA, then why is he persevering with no hopers like Will Smith and George Jennings? How the f**k Gennings got another game after last week is all on BA.

Mark O'Neill is accountable for resigning BA. Is he seriously thinking there was no better option available than BA and his wonderful support staff?

Tooooks

Bench
I've lost all confidence in BA. It's not the fact we're losing, it's the way we're losing. We don't look like a first grade side and we have only gone backwards and will compete for the spoon. Again.

Avenger

Immortal
Current players that have stayed stagnant or regressed under Arthur:

Bevan French
Brad Takairangi
Michael Jennings
Josh Hoffman
Kane Evans
Daniel Alvaro
Mitchell Moses
Tepai Moeroa
Peni Terepo
Manu Mau
George Jennings
Will Smith
Tim Mannah

Gronk

Staff member

Bevan French
Brad Takairangi
Michael Jennings
Josh Hoffman
Kane Evans
Daniel Alvaro
Mitchell Moses
Tepai Moeroa
Peni Terepo
Manu Mau
George Jennings
Will Smith
Tim Mannah

Some of those are in their 30's. So they are hardly going to improve.

What about players who have thrived ?

Semi? Nathan Brown ? Sivo ? Gutho ? Mahoney and Dylan Brown are great prospects. Same goes with Oregan.

JokerEel

Coach

Bevan French
Brad Takairangi
Michael Jennings
Josh Hoffman
Kane Evans
Daniel Alvaro
Mitchell Moses
Tepai Moeroa
Peni Terepo
Manu Mau
George Jennings
Will Smith
Tim Mannah

Moeroa was a world beater when he came into grade... If he was at the Roosters or Storm he would be an international....

Same goes for French if he was at the Storm he would be already have 1000 tries..

Djay

Juniors
Moeroa was a world beater when he came into grade... If he was at the Roosters or Storm he would be an international....

Same goes for French if he was at the Storm he would be already have 1000 tries..
French and Latrell bursted onto the scene at the same time.

One has become one of the best players in the game, meanwhile the other is bogged down in reserve grade.

Both with huge wraps as juniors.

Latest posts