What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Gronk

Staff member
It will interesting to see if Flanagan gets a gig next year.

Three potential openings ?

Panthers - nope
Eels - nope
Storm - nope
Bunnies - Demetriou
Roosters - nope
Dragons - nope
Titans - nope
Warriors - nope
Sea Eagles - Dessie ?
Knights - Nope
Cowboys - Nope
Raiders - Sticky ?
Sharks - Nope
Broncos - Nope
West Tigers - Maguire ?
Bulldogs - Nope

IFR33K

Coach
As always, it will come down to whether there is a better option available. Not too many elite coaches looking for a job at the moment.

Elite coaches were once rookies too. In saying that, what’s to say a coach like Toovey can’t do a better job than O’Brien or Holbrook?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Elite coaches were once rookies too. In saying that, what’s to say a coach like Toovey can’t do a better job than O’Brien or Holbrook?
I'm not following.

Based on where Parra is at, we don't need to take any risks with recruiting. Coach included.

Unless we can get Robbo, Bellamy or Bennett then the alternatives aren't really much of an improvement. Our current coach sits neatly in the next tier below those three greats.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Were we the only ones with injuries thou? Souths had players out too. Allen, paulo and another no name iirc in the backs for them.
Probably why they also didn't go all the way. Likewise the Roosters, and they both had better squads than us. To win the comp you need some luck, including with injuries.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Were we the only ones with injuries thou? Souths had players out too. Allen, paulo and another no name iirc in the backs for them.
They were a better team and were rightly listed our favourites. We needed our entire squad and a little bit of luck. Unfortunately we had neither.

I watched that game again recently after some discussion on here. Our intensity and effort was through the roof. We just played dumb in the second half. Some poor options and dumb mistakes.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm not following.

Based on where Parra is at, we don't need to take any risks with recruiting. Coach included.

Unless we can get Robbo, Bellamy or Bennett then the alternatives aren't really much of an improvement. Our current coach sits neatly in the next tier below those three greats.
I wouldn’t even put Bennett in that mix when talking about current situation. No doubt one of the all time great coaches, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to be that guy next year.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I wouldn’t even put Bennett in that mix when talking about current situation. No doubt one of the all time great coaches, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to be that guy next year.
He'll be coaching the Tarrigindi Turd Felchers next year.

IFR33K

Coach
I'm not following.

Oh I wasn’t talking about replacing BA. I was talking about O’Brien and holbrook.

IFR33K

Coach
Probably why they also didn't go all the way. Likewise the Roosters, and they both had better squads than us. To win the comp you need some luck, including with injuries.

No shit. But you’re quick to blame our loss on injuries, yet the team we lost too also had injuries.

IFR33K

Coach
They were a better team and were rightly listed our favourites. We needed our entire squad and a little bit of luck. Unfortunately we had neither.

I watched that game again recently after some discussion on here. Our intensity and effort was through the roof. We just played dumb in the second half. Some poor options and dumb mistakes.

Ok that’s fair enough. How about our 3 dominate middles being off the field together. You think that was ideal in such a huge game, considering paulo, rcg and Nrown had been playing big minutes all year, and bench middles getting limited game time?

Delboy

First Grade
Yep, but losing what were the 2 best wingers at the time and the most experienced centre on the morning of the match was a lot more destructive. That doesn’t suit the narrative of the talking knobs on Fox and Nein, as a club we were and are still building into what Souffs, Storm and Rooters have done over the last decade.k

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ok that’s fair enough. How about our 3 dominate middles being off the field together. You think that was ideal in such a huge game, considering paulo, rcg and Nrown had been playing big minutes all year, and bench middles getting limited game time?
No, it wasn't ideal. Bennett raised a good point after the game and I reckon we will have learnt from that as well. Hopefully we have better coaching and more composed players at the back end of the season.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Yeah we put ourselves in control of that game. And imploded under pressure. We let in 30 points in the 2nd half. And all the tries were soft and avoidable.

I have believed we were a team last year that didnt do the one percenters well. Case in point when moses took that kick everyone was 30m back expecting him to kick it. Is that coaching issue or a player issue. As we know BA isnt the most tactically coach going around. And i dont think in the past he has reall driven the percentages.

For some reason i remember vossy commentating parra games numerous times last year and whenever we took a shot a penalty goal. He would always say Gutho was the only player near moses and if it hit the post and come back into field of play we would be in trouble. That exact scenario happened at the most crucial point of the season last year.

I actually believed we have improved a in that area of one percenters this year but still plenty of improvement to go.