What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.6%

• Total voters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Lol, we’d be competing for the spoon if it wasn’t for BA?? He was given a stronger roster than Kearney or Stuart. Yes he’s done a good job but we did improve our roster by cheating that helped us sign better players which made us competitive which made us a better option for players. I was against MON but I reckon he has done a fantastic job and is just as responsible for putting this roster together.

Calling him a fraud?? Maybe harsh but there is no way he’s a coach capable of competing for a comp and there is no way he should be in season 8 and going for season 9.

Of course we got better players which benefited BA thus improved results in 2014/2015.

My reference to completing with the dogs is the shit show of 2016 where BA stayed when he could have easily walked and got to coach Tommy / Jakey instead…if he did we wouId have been f**ked!!

anyhow we agree, if you read my posts…it looks like BA has plateaued with this side…and there may be better options..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
BA… see you
NRL 2021: Eels rookie Jakob Arthur opens up on Andrew Johns, Mitchell Moses  and coach Brad Arthur | Daily Telegraph

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Certainly BA has done so much, can’t argue with that. But what he needs to do now is surround himself with better assistants, there needs to be internal challenges to how the team is structured and Fresh voices. The same attack coach for 8 years and defence coach for 3 years needs to be changed, that’s the best thing he could do and the board insist happens.

don’t disagree we aren’t improving….but some of the comments on BA is “keyboard warrior” stuff…….

anyhow, I don’t think the board can force assistants on the head coach, I reckon if it’s at that stage it’s basically time for the coach to be moved on as they aren’t “aware” of the issues….so are probably “stale”…

anyhow the board/CEO (not MON as some idiots think) has a big decision to make …..

Chipmunk

Coach
There has been deficiencies in this side all year, but something has really gone a miss with this side in the last couple of weeks, and I don't think it is all to do with the players taking the field and the calibre of our opponents.

I suspect the players know that just front loading our effort isn't going to work any more, so they can't be arsed chasing any collisions. I suspect the players have realised themselves that maybe BA and his people arent the ones to take them to the next level.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Unsure mate. The side looked flat from get go and timid. Id say from body language BA has lost the dressing room.

Yep i reckon he has too. I said last week their spirit was broken. It doesn't what workplace your in the moment nepotism is seen it can fracture a place very quickly. Jake may be a great kid and trainer but the moment brad put his son in a situation he shouldn't have been has probably fast track this situation.

The novelty of playing alongside the coaches son would have worn off pretty quickly after a couple of games especially when losing. You see it at times when watching junior sport when a coach gives preferential treatment to his son.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Sorry mate, we need to rip the bandaid and sack them all. It's over.
It should have been over 3 years ago. We could have gone for Bennet and right now we would be discussing our high chances of winning a premiership, rather than still discussing whether the bald headed bush dope should get the sack.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Josh Papa is sooo busted. We need to bring him off the bench. Freshen him up and enjoy his impact

I posted in the @emjaycee attacking thread, we should be using him in the middle off the bench where his skill set is better used.

he is just being used as a battering ram on the edge, he makes metres but doesn’t appear to have an offload/pass so doesn’t create much for his backs

in the middle we can use his great PCM thus good play the balls to attack on the edge….

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Does anyone reckon the continual picking of Bea Jr being the final straw for the playing group??? I mean they remind me of in 2018 when you can tell they didn't enjoy or have any faith in the game plan. If i was Brown i'd be filthy that little Jakey boy was given the key's to the side, you can tell they aren't a happy side Guth abusing Oppa last week is more proof.

We look broken and dispirited, i hope the board are watching because if he or any of his coaching staff are here next year they should go as well. He's not and it's not good enough. The loyal fanbase deserves better.

Avenger

Immortal
Does anyone reckon the continual picking of Bea Jr being the final straw for the playing group??? I mean they remind me of in 2018 when you can tell they didn't enjoy or have any faith in the game plan. If i was Brown i'd be filthy that little Jakey boy was given the key's to the side, you can tell they aren't a happy side Guth abusing Oppa last week is more proof.

We look broken and dispirited, i hope the board are watching because if he or any of his coaching staff are here next year they should go as well. He's not and it's not good enough. The loyal fanbase deserves better.
Gutherson should not be the captain next year. Mahoney should be.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
and as you wouId know, Robinson started the year as the coach not with 5 rounds to go…the roosters weren’t stupid enough to sack Smith during the season!!
Though they did sack Anderson mid-2007 while sitting in 15th place. They replaced him with Fittler who went 5-1-2 in their last eight games. The next year (again under Fittler) they finished top four then went out in straight sets in the finals. The next year (2009) they ran last and punted Fittler for Brian Smith the following year. He took them to the grand final then missed the finals in 2011 and 2012. Robinson came in the next year and won the comp.

Through all that who was actually to blame and who was the scapegoat throughout that roller coaster? One thing for certain, the fans all thought they knew.

Latest posts