What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.3%

• Total voters

emjaycee

Coach
No. The season isn't even over yet. We only lost one more game over 20 rounds (and last year we were lucky and won a lot of close ones) but have a significantly better points differential.
No, we've had some key players unavailable, and are coming up against some of the better teams all at once. Everyone predicted this. I don't know why it's suddenly a crisis.
Because, because, because, BA.

King-Gutho94

Coach
You think it's Arthur's fault we lost in the finals to a couple of clubs with better rosters?

You left out my next sentence i said it wasnt all BA's fault. We were on the slide last year before the semis. The contract extension could have waited until after the year and see how we handled the finals.

We were the underdogs in the souths game but the game was winnable as they put themselves into a position at halftime to win the match even with a 3rd string backline. It wasn't that we lost the game it was the capitulation in the 2nd half.

Noise

Coach
No. The season isn't even over yet. We only lost one more game over 20 rounds (and last year we were lucky and won a lot of close ones) but have a significantly better points differential.
No, we've had some key players unavailable, and are coming up against some of the better teams all at once. Everyone predicted this. I don't know why it's suddenly a crisis.
Regardless of the reasons, and there are several, including BA... the season is still going downhill.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You left out my next sentence i said it wasnt all BA's fault. We were on the slide last year before the semis. The contract extension could have waited until after the year and see how we handled the finals.
So it wasn't all Arthur's fault but you wanted to wait and see if we lost to decide whether to extend him?
We were the underdogs in the souths game but the game was winnable as they put themselves into a position at halftime to win the match even with a 3rd string backline. It wasn't that we lost the game it was the capitulation in the 2nd half.
That's why it's an 80 minute game. Because 40 minutes isn't always long enough for the better team's class to shine through. Sometimes even 80 minutes isn't long enough, which is why we still have upsets. But we would certainly have more upsets if games only went for 40 minutes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Regardless of the reasons, the season is still going downhill.
I don't think it is, not compared with expectations. Given the spread of opponents our win rate should have dropped toward the end of the season. All that matters is the ladder position after 25 rounds. If it's much lower than it was after ten rounds (for example), there's no need to force a narrative onto it. After ten rounds we had only played two top six teams, with our key players all in the team. In the ten rounds since then we have played five of those teams, while missing variously, RCG (thrice), Drown (twice), Moses and Mahoney, so our relative win rate should reflect that. We have three more games coming up against these teams and we know RCG and Mahoney will be unavailable. Hopefully our opponents are similarly affected. Manly have a couple of big forwards out this week, but they aren't big minutes forwards, so I don't think they're as important to them.

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s easy to blame the coach but at some point the players need to be accountable .moses gets his kick against Penrith 2 points gutherson Rips into team mate that has a ripple effect on the team
You have the team but a few guys are not aiming up.Sivo and Ferguson early in year where carving up are they still even playing
Your board who I beleive you elect have 5 people making decisions on who gets signed
You guys are still in it have faith one good game it all swings back around .If that fails jump onto Ivan’s bus and help us throw eggs at the crying tigers supporters

I'm already on the bus and have my Panthers blanket mum made me out keeping me warm.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Panthers blanket mum made me
d24c015bd3a01f03e7e5204b4ee49127.jpg

Latest posts