What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.6%

• Total voters

lucablight

First Grade
Possibly.

Though we were a bees dick away from winning last night. I still think we can improve our week to week consistency and become a better team than we currently are but without an X Factor attacking weapon we are at a significant disadvantage. All the good teams have at least one.
Who is Penriths?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Would you consider a switch in roles?
Its an interesting thought but I think the issue I have is that they are both pretty similar. Gutho might have a slightly better passing game which could help us on the right edge. Brown is faster so maybe he'd be better at gaining metres and injecting himself into the attack with his running game.

It could result in a slight improvement but long term I think one of them has to go.

strider

Post Whore
Would Shane Flanagan change things? I must admit I don't know.
most of our complaints are about our attack having little punch .... I don't recall flanagan's sharks ever being a good attacking team - they were all defense and grunt built around hard working forwards - gallen, lewis, etc etc

I don't know if flano is going to change things .... might our edge defense improve? I think we already have done that a bit

I agree, changing assistants might be the way to go - but I won't pretend I know wtf role they play and whether there are any better ones out there that might make a difference

King-Gutho94

Coach
Since the storm game we’ve played well. I’m still not convinced with BA’s team selection and use of the bench. Lane playing ahead of papa and matto is a joke, but not as funny as stone at 9. Will Ba learn? I don’t know. It’s obvious he can coach thou.
Papa only got 35 mins last night compared to Lane 72. Big stuff up that.

Papa had double the amount of work as well

strider

Post Whore
The club got it back on track and told Gutho to tell his manager to shut his piehole. The fact that they even had to do that concerns me. His manager would not have spoken to the media without Gutho's blessing.

It came in the middle of a period where we lost 4 in a row and therefore our chances of finishing Top 4.

So yeah, he's the best we have at the moment which is pretty shitty really and speaks to our lack of leadership.
which teams have good leadership atm? .... just the top 4?

if the club told gutho to shut it down then at least he agreed and did it

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He’s had 4 try assists post origin. I don’t think he’s been doing it long enough to say he’s in the same class as the Turbos, Latrells, Munsters. etc
3 of those were against us!

Like the majority of the Penrith team he has been down since origin but there was a reason he was picked!

He's a dynamic runner who has an incredible ability to flick in and out of structure. He is spontaneous and unpredictable. Its the perfect counterpoint to Cleary's composure and control.

Souths also have it in Walker and Reynolds.

It gives the better teams more options to hurt you.

Avenger

Immortal
most of our complaints are about our attack having little punch .... I don't recall flanagan's sharks ever being a good attacking team - they were all defense and grunt built around hard working forwards - gallen, lewis, etc etc

I don't know if flano is going to change things .... might our edge defense improve? I think we already have done that a bit

I agree, changing assistants might be the way to go - but I won't pretend I know wtf role they play and whether there are any better ones out there that might make a difference
Good point. Flanagan and BA are similar type of coaches. I’d still love to see what Bennett could do with our side. Sadly we won’t.

strider

Post Whore
Papa only got 35 mins last night compared to Lane 72. Big stuff up that.

Papa had double the amount of work as well
middle vs edge .... entirely expected

i reckon we play papa on an edge we lose a f**kload when rcg and paulo rest (especially with nrown injured) - plus penrith probably contain papa cos they are good defensively

plus lane would then come on in the middle and get arse raped by fans for not being good enough in the middle

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well many said that the Pennys would crash n burn after losing Trent Barrett. He was tbe reason why their shape was so impressive.

Nek minute Pennys are fine and the Dogs are still shit.

Cattle.
Difference is Trent barrett may be great tactically but he is shit man manager.

Look at how he has treated players at Manly and the Dogs. Jackson hastings and kyle Flanagan have been thrown out to pasture.

Plus he is a-grade whinger similar to ricky stuart

Gus is just waiting in the wings to take him out. I reckon ciraldo will be dogs coach in 2023 if they fail to make finals next year

lucablight

First Grade

Like the majority of the Penrith team he has been down since origin but there was a reason he was picked!

He's a dynamic runner who has an incredible ability to flick in and out of structure. He is spontaneous and unpredictable. Its the perfect counterpoint to Cleary's composure and control.

If Luai and Reynolds are X factor players then so is Moses. We all saw that try he scored against the Knights last week.

strider

Post Whore

yep .... shouldn't moses be our x factor?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Possibly.

Though we were a bees dick away from winning last night. I still think we can improve our week to week consistency and become a better team than we currently are but without an X Factor attacking weapon we are at a significant disadvantage. All the good teams have at least one.
Well if we defend like we did last night all year like Melbourne do we make top 2.

Penrith climb has been helped they have turned their defense to elite they always had attack its the defense that has propelled them from 5th or 6th to top 2

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
which teams have good leadership atm? .... just the top 4?

if the club told gutho to shut it down then at least he agreed and did it
No. Plenty of the shit clubs have leadership, just not as much ability.

I'd say we are well above average with our ability and slightly above average in leadership.

The club should never had to tell Gutho to shut it down because it should never have happened in the first place. It was an act of pure selfishness and something that no player serious about their club should allow. The fact that he's our captain and it happened a second f**king time makes it even worse in my books.

strider

Post Whore
No. Plenty of the shit clubs have leadership, just not as much ability.

I'd say we are well above average with our ability and slightly above average in leadership.

The club should never had to tell Gutho to shut it down because it should never have happened in the first place. It was an act of pure selfishness and something that no player serious about their club should allow. The fact that he's our captain and it happened a second f**king time makes it even worse in my books.
yeah i think it sucks and don't like it ... but i think its a sign of the times - contracts and managers are the shit stain on the nrl but its a job these days

but i agree - best it never happens in the first place

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If Luai and Reynolds are X factor players then so is Moses. We all saw that try he scored against the Knights last week.
No. Thats not what I am suggesting.

Allow me to explain using this table:

TeamControlling HalfDynamic Ball Running 6
SouthsReynoldsWalker
PenrithClearyLuai
ParraMosesTBA