What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

lingard

Coach
So we solve the halves problem by putting Dylan back at 6.

Then we put Cini on the wing and Perham in the centre. Happy ?

If you acknowledge that defence wins matches, then the first problem that needs to be resolved is the 36 missed tackles and the main culprit was Perham on the wing. Maybe Cini solves that. Maybe.

The next problem is Perham in the centre vs Stephen Crichton. Dylan could handle him. But he’s at 6 now…. You could play Matto there but the hulked version of matto is not the same guy as Matto who left us to go to the Roosters. Even if you do pick him, then our soft bench becomes softer.

It’s all about balance and weakening strengths etc. If you take the emotion and controversy out of team selections, there are no perfect solutions in this injury crisis. Amirite ?

“He’s not ready for first grade !” applies to other players too.
You say defence wins matches. But you need to score points, too. Besides, the more points you score, the more possession you have - and the less defence you have to do.

Gronk

Staff member
You say defence wins matches. But you need to score points, too. Besides, the more points you score, the more possession you have - and the less defence you have to do.
Chicken vs Egg.

What comes first points or possession?

lingard

Coach
Yeah they might put 40 on us but with Drown at 6 we’ll surely score 42+ against Penrith. He’s that f**ken good. Inglis wasn’t too good to play centre but Dylan Brown certainly is.
No, the answer is that, with Moses at half and Mahoney at hooker, we have virtually no try scoring ability. So we needed to have Brown at 6. Never weaken one position to strengthen another. Especially a crucial one. The coach f#cked up, that's all. You know it, I know it. The media knows it. Everyone knows it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, the answer is that, with Moses at half and Mahoney at hooker, we have virtually no try scoring ability.
You mean the Moses who leads the NRL in try assists and the Mahoney who led all hookers in TAs last year?
So we needed to have Brown at 6. Never weaken one position to strengthen another. Especially a crucial one.
Then why have so many great players moved to different positions over the years? Why were their coaches weakening that one position?
The coach f#cked up, that's all. You know it, I know it. The media knows it. Everyone knows it.
He was out of options. That’s all. He might’ve ‘f**ked up’ this week by picking Perham again, or he might not have had any choice. Just like last week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Defence has to come first. That’s why Opacic and Arthur get picked ahead of Cartwright.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I never provided an opinion about your ongoing and nauseating argument/s.... Just pulling you up for flogging opinion as fact, as you like to do. Which I intend to do, whenever I see it. Regards.
Well make sure you’re getting the context. I state opinion as fact in response to others doing the same. Make sure you pull them up as well.

Of course we don’t know whether Jake Arthur is considered to be in our top 17. Maybe the nepotism whingers are right, but I think the evidence strongly supports him being a backup only. In fact I’ll go as far as to say it’s a fact unless you can prove otherwise. Sorry if you can’t cope.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well make sure you’re getting the context. I state opinion as fact in response to others doing the same. Make sure you pull them up as well.

Of course we don’t know whether Jake Arthur is considered to be in our top 17. Maybe the nepotism whingers are right, but I think the evidence strongly supports him being a backup only. In fact I’ll go as far as to say it’s a fact unless you can prove otherwise. Sorry if you can’t cope.
Evidence and analysis usually wins the day, but not here. Most of the toothless wonders prefer emotion and speculation.

Avenger

Immortal
End of next season (2023)?

Which means he's affordably puntable at the end of this season... if we sign someone who'll bring something different to the mix to consistently get the best out of these turkeys.
End of 2024.

I’ve always defended him but it’s become obvious that he’s not the guy to get the job done. We owe him for the tough times he lead us through but that time is up now, it’s time to get a coach that can take us to the next level.