What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 113 51.6%

• Total voters

lucablight

First Grade
You argued based on touchy feely stuff that Parramatta were considered a better prospect at the start of this season than Manly. Thats demonstrably false based on readily available evidence.
I literally demonstrated it. I explained the reasoning why and how it was corrected. Just because you’re arguing against the team doesn’t mean you’re the only one who is being intellectually honest

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I literally demonstrated it. I explained the reasoning why and how it was corrected. Just because you’re arguing against the team doesn’t mean you’re the only one who is being intellectually honest
sit up exercise GIF

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gary talking down the team every chance he gets, it’s disgusting!! Try and be more positive like me merkin FFS!!

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon this coaching prowess is exaggerated. It’s all about man management. Which is why they call them mangers in the EPL. Yes I know there are times in the game when a change off the bench can do wonders but I reckon it’s all got to do with a large dose of luck.

From all reports Bennett isn’t a tactical genius but an effective man manager. I get the feeling that BA is loved as a person it’s only us that look at the nitty gritty and think it’s more than that.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I reckon this coaching prowess is exaggerated. It’s all about man management. Which is why they call them mangers in the EPL. Yes I know there are times in the game when a change off the bench can do wonders but I reckon it’s all got to do with a large dose of luck.

From all reports Bennett isn’t a tactical genius but an effective man manager. I get the feeling that BA is loved as a person it’s only us that look at the nitty gritty and think it’s more than that.
There was a video I was seeing on Insta of Todd Payten directing the tactics at training while mic'ed up. EPL is way different, the "Manager" needs to manage a whole lot more.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not at the start of the season from what I can see based on hard metrics rather than opinions.

Agree though - overall the squads are fairly comparable. Both are inferior to the Storm and Panthers. Bit of a pointless cripple fight trying to argue which one is better.
But we might agree that they are better with Trbojevic, and that last year the rules suited him better as well as reserve graders like Saab.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
But we might agree that they are better with Trbojevic, and that last year the rules suited him better as well as reserve graders like Saab.
I think 2021 proved that.

The only anomaly is our superior record against the better teams. Can see why merkins might use that as an argument for why we are better but you can’t ignore our performances against the shit teams.