What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 50.7%

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
I think you should watch last weeks game when you get a chance. You'll notice a distinct lack of bashing and barging compared to last night's match.

Well that’s what I’m trying to say. You can’t simply bash and barge. Obviously that needs to be done first. But it can’t be the only plan. Last night we were creative after dominating thru the middle. Nice ball movement and nice lines were ran.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well that’s what I’m trying to say. You can’t simply bash and barge. Obviously that needs to be done first. But it can’t be the only plan. Last night we were creative after dominating thru the middle. Nice ball movement and nice lines were ran.
Agree, but I don't think we've ever had a game where thats our only plan.

hindy111

Post Whore
I still dont understand the alternative to whatever 'bash and barge' is or why 'bash and barge' is a bad thing.

You need forwards laying a platform in all games. How do they do that without 'bashing' and/or 'barging'.

We looks good when Matto,Jnr,Rcg,Marata,Papali make big runs up the guts.
Sivo and Blake doing the same.
Penisini, Lane,Mattos offloads along with Jnrs.

It wears the opposition out and means we can shift the ball to a retreating defense. We just need to starting getting our strike centres some better and earlier ball.

We are terrible when we go sideways prior to wearing sides down. Its pointless if they are not retreating and set. May as well just bash it up and look for a smart kick.

Where Moses has to improve is kicks. Last night in the 2md hall 3 of his first 4 kicks where woeful. It meant the Roosters got on the front foot. Charge down, 7 tackle set and forget the other. But I recall it being bad.
If we want to finish top 4 you just can't afford any bad sets. It can take 10 mins to wrestle back momentum. I reckon 1 or 2 bad kicks in a game is all can afford to beat the top 2. They will starve you off the ball for 15mins if pin you in a good spot.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
There’s a reason why the Eels were tipped by many to make the grand final this season whilst nobody talked about the Sea eagles even though both teams had mostly the same personnel.
The Sea Eagles were $9 with TAB at the start of the season in the premiership market. The Eels were $13.

parra pete

Referee
I thought people over-read the loss to Canterbury last week. The ‘fans’ looked at the position of the Dogs on the ladder – the possible loss of picking the ‘lot’ in tipping comps – but overlooked at the actual way the game played out. Sure, the Eels were thrashed on the scoreboard by the team coming last, but as I commented last week, the Eels left at least five tries out on the paddock, and conceded AT LEAST two to arse incidents…two intercepts.
It was a wake-up call FOR SURE, but wasn’t the end of the season, and a reason for fans to come out with pitch forks and torches. On any day, most Clubs can beat any Club…that is why the NRL is so close. Look back over all the games Parra has played this season, and just about all of them could feature in the game of the season.. V Penrith Manly Melbourne Roosters…..top Clubs and wins when needed…Teams can’t be up ALL YEAR…you want them to be up when it matters.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well that’s what I’m trying to say. You can’t simply bash and barge. Obviously that needs to be done first. But it can’t be the only plan.
Do you think it was ever the only plan? This is the fourth year in a row we've led the NRL in offloads. The trick is doing them at the right time, which is a decision for the offloader to make, not the coach.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We looks good when Matto,Jnr,Rcg,Marata,Papali make big runs up the guts.
Sivo and Blake doing the same.
Penisini, Lane,Mattos offloads along with Jnrs.

It wears the opposition out and means we can shift the ball to a retreating defense. We just need to starting getting our strike centres some better and earlier ball.

We are terrible when we go sideways prior to wearing sides down. Its pointless if they are not retreating and set. May as well just bash it up and look for a smart kick.

Where Moses has to improve is kicks. Last night in the 2md hall 3 of his first 4 kicks where woeful. It meant the Roosters got on the front foot. Charge down, 7 tackle set and forget the other. But I recall it being bad.
If we want to finish top 4 you just can't afford any bad sets. It can take 10 mins to wrestle back momentum. I reckon 1 or 2 bad kicks in a game is all can afford to beat the top 2. They will starve you off the ball for 15mins if pin you in a good spot.
There was also a lot of kick pressure which the referee facilitated through not policing the ruck.

lucablight

First Grade
The Sea Eagles were $9 with TAB at the start of the season in the premiership market. The Eels were $13.
Could be explained by Manly making it to week 3 of the finals whereas Parramatta were knocked out in week 2. They changed the prices pretty quickly didn’t they? What were the prices at the start of 2021?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Could be explained by Manly making it to week 3 of the finals whereas Parramatta were knocked out in week 2. They changed the prices pretty quickly didn’t they? What were the prices at the start of 2021?
You argued based on touchy feely stuff that Parramatta were considered a better prospect at the start of this season than Manly. Thats demonstrably false based on readily available evidence.

You argued based on touchy feely stuff that Parramatta were considered a better prospect at the start of this season than Manly. Thats demonstrably false based on readily available evidence.
I think more people considered us the bigger threat but not much in it. I think we went from $8 to $12 in a week after the Dogs game.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think more people considered us the bigger threat but not much in it. I think we went from $8 to $12 in a week after the Dogs game.
Not at the start of the season from what I can see based on hard metrics rather than opinions.

Agree though - overall the squads are fairly comparable. Both are inferior to the Storm and Panthers. Bit of a pointless cripple fight trying to argue which one is better.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not at the start of the season from what I can see based on hard metrics rather than opinions.

Agree though - overall the squads are fairly comparable. Both are inferior to the Storm and Panthers. Bit of a pointless cripple fight trying to argue which one is better.

Penrith a better defensive side but I feel if the Storm are full strength they'd have too many years weapons and points.
Would be a good GF.

Latest posts