What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dont think there's a cap pertaining to assistant coaches. Of course we can f#cking afford them.
Well in that case the club doesn't want to. Everyone who wasn't sacked last year took a pay cut. Top staff will be lining up to work for us. Let's get Bennett lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don’t think we’ve ever consistently gotten up for big games since the 80s. Had a few impressive finals wins under Smith but some spectacular f**k ups as well.

Thats a long period with a lot of players and coaches.

There is a lobgterm issue of choking at Parramatta, that's for sure.

Obviously, losing to a better team isn't choking.

But 2005 was a choke.

Our 2001 Grand Final was a choke (Newcastle were a great team, but we should have beaten them).

I don't know.

Avenger

Immortal
I don’t think we’ve ever consistently gotten up for big games since the 80s. Had a few impressive finals wins under Smith but some spectacular f**k ups as well.

Thats a long period with a lot of players and coaches.
09 was the exception. And we were ripped in the decider.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I wouldn't say we have choked everytime we made the finals since the start of the century but certainly when we do its spectacular fashion.

Well thankfully i was too young in 1998 and dont remember that one.

I have seen highlights of the 1999 PF that must have been missed opportunity those around then would probably concede a choke.

2000 we pushed the premiers and 14 rep players in Brisbane to the bell.

2001 - Choke against newcastle should have won.

2002 - Team was cooked by finals

2005 - Choke

2006 - Dudded by video ref finished 8th

2007 - Lost to cheating scum video ref again didnt help us my dad took me down to Melbourne for that game in the indoor venue. Put it this way storm supporters really covered themsleves in glory that day scumbags.

2009 - unlucky was an awesome ride.

2017 - Mini choke should have at least beat the cowboys up at halftime should have won.

2019 - Finished where we should have getting belted put a sour note on the end.

2020 - put ourselves in a position to beat souths despite being underdogs. Moses penalty miss right in front sort of symbolised Parramatta though in last 20 years

2019 - Finished

emjaycee

Coach
I dont think there's a cap pertaining to assistant coaches. Of course we can f#cking afford them.
Actually there is a football operations cap that covers coaches, assistants, conditioners, doctors, HoF's, etc.

The disparity among clubs is also demonstrated by the number of football department staff they employ, which ranges from 13 to 23 and averages 16 across the NRL.

This includes staff employed in:

• Coaching
  • Performance
  • Football operations
  • Medical
  • Welfare
  • Recruitment

The salaries of head coaches and all ancillary staff are included, as are training camps and operational costs, including gym equipment.

source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/05/winning-starts-monday-nrl-coaches-get-extra-job-security/

Gazzamatta

Coach
Losing to the Storm is choking now? Give it a rest.

not just to the storm di.ck nose. He’s an all round loser. 8 years of consistent choking. And now “the perfect halfback back up” is at his disposal 🤣🤣🤣🤣 you have no idea. He’s a choker, if you can’t see that would just reaffirm that you haven’t got the slightest clue.

“Perfect half”
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

lingard

Coach
On a more positive note:
If Arthur stops being a dick and decides to:
Put Marata back into the centres (drop Waqa to reserves);
Give Cartwright way more game-time;
Stop experimenting with his son, and put Matterson at five-eight in the event that Moses can't play;
And start actually training for more creative attack (does anyone really think that in 2009 our off-loading attack was not practiced at training? That it was all just spur of the moment stuff?) then I think we might have a chance to salvage something out of this season - and even win a finals game or two. I doubt it will happen, though.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
On a more positive note:
Stop experimenting with his son, and put Matterson at five-eight in the event that Moses can't play;
And start actually training for more creative attack (does anyone really think that in 2009 our off-loading attack was not practiced at training? That it was all just spur of the moment stuff?) then I think we might have a chance to salvage something out of this season - and even win a finals game or two. I doubt it will happen, though.

rather see Penisini to the centres rather than Blake, he has a big future there where as Marata does not

he was a brilliant fill in tho

ash411

Bench
On a more positive note:
Why would he put Matterson at 5/8th when Moses is back next week?

Also, Waqa has been good since he switched to the left side. I do agree that Carty could be useful with more game time.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Why would he put Matterson at 5/8th when Moses is back next week?

Also, Waqa has been good since he switched to the left side. I do agree that Carty could be useful with more game time.
Any legs to JEs rumour that Carty signed with Griffin and its why BA tear'd up again and dropped him?