What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We reached that point in 2017. That was our best shot at winning it. He should have been gone end of 2018.
Round 6 2018, when he walked into that press conference and said he had no answers on why we weren't winning. He looked clueless and devoid of ideas I've wanted him gone since then.

It was the same with Kearney, i'd stuck up for him and he took over one of our worst ever squads. But at least throughout most of 2011 the effort was there we just weren't any good. But there was a game in 2012 against Manly when they put 30 on us in a half. They obviously clocked off and we managed to win the second half. He came into that presser and said "I'm proud of the lads and the effort they put in that second half". That's when i knew it was time for him to go. Kearney was just unlucky he didn't have a board like this one he'd still probably be here.

hindy111

Post Whore
According to your Bones on Bones buddy, we have an awesome squad apparently.

The backline lacks any sort of magic.
Sivo and Simonsson are both average wingers. Blake id put as slightly above average but he isn't near the origin level centres out there. Penisini has potential to be. Isnt there yet.
Watching Mahoney this year where do you rate him?

Gutherson I've said before isn't in top 7 fullbacks in comp. May not be in the top 10 come 2023.

Cloeel

Juniors
The backline lacks any sort of magic.
Sivo and Simonsson are both average wingers. Blake id put as slightly above average but he isn't near the origin level centres out there. Penisini has potential to be. Isnt there yet.
Watching Mahoney this year where do you rate him?

Gutherson I've said before isn't in top 7 fullbacks in comp. May not be in the top 10 come 2023.

Mahoney is nowhere near the player he has been the previous 2 years.

There seems to be a big lack of communication between Mahoney and the halves. Very disjointed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Arthur is a fine assistant coach, but the rigours of consistent head coaching are not for him, imo.

The team consistently looks under-prepared for games; of course, the playing group needs to take some responsibility for that, but getting the team ready falls on the coach's shoulders.

I find it curious that he drops Brown (who admittedly hasn't been in the best form, but always gives 100%), but is happy to watch clowns like Makatoa, Kaufusi, Lane, etc. impersonate footballers...

Surely we are a better squad with Nathan Brown in our 17?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mahoney is nowhere near the player he has been the previous 2 years.

There seems to be a big lack of communication between Mahoney and the halves. Very disjointed.
Surely it’s up to the coach and his staff to fix this?? Plus the leadership group??

I think Mahoney wants to be the big cheese and I suppose he can do that at the Dogs but while he is here he should be letting our halfback call the shots. You could see this in the Melbourne and Tigers games. The dogs one as well. Mahoney is continually ignores our halfback Hogthurson does this constantly as well. Sort it out merkins.

chiefy1

Juniors
Surely it’s up to the coach and his staff to fix this?? Plus the leadership group??

I think Mahoney wants to be the big cheese and I suppose he can do that at the Dogs but while he is here he should be letting our halfback call the shots. You could see this in the Melbourne and Tigers games. The dogs one as well. Mahoney is continually ignores our halfback Hogthurson does this constantly as well. Sort it out merkins.

We don't have a coach

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How were merkins on here happy that BA got extended last year when he still had another year to go? We would have been rid of this fool in a couple of months with no payout.
But lets not make any hasty decisions lol.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Could it be the reason we don't have a credible #9 signed for next seaosn is a plan for Gutho to move closer to the action? Gutho at #9, and plan on bringing through Dunster/Russell/Perham or someone as a #1...

That's the only way the recruitment/retention seems to make any sense.

Could it be the reason we don't have a credible #9 signed for next seaosn is a plan for Gutho to move closer to the action? Gutho at #9, and plan on bringing through Dunster/Russell/Perham or someone as a #1...

I think there's almost no chance that's the plan but I do think he might actually make a good 9.

Chipmunk

Coach

A credible 9? I suspect we've signed a 9 that we'll be paying more than the current one.

eel01s

Bench
Arthur is a fine assistant coach, but the rigours of consistent head coaching are not for him, imo.

The team consistently looks under-prepared for games; of course, the playing group needs to take some responsibility for that, but getting the team ready falls on the coach's shoulders.

I find it curious that he drops Brown (who admittedly hasn't been in the best form, but always gives 100%), but is happy to watch clowns like Makatoa, Kaufusi, Lane, etc. impersonate footballers...

Surely we are a better squad with Nathan Brown in our 17?
Yes, we look under-prepared most games. Sometimes it all clicks and we look like champions (like against Penrith , Storm or Roosters). Other times we look well coached and play to our strengths and tough out a win.

But there are too many times we look totally clueless in attack and defence. WTF do they do at training? We know they do not concentrate on their attack, and it shows most games.

Chipmunk

Coach
Presumably at #14, when not injured... and would we pay him more at the injury/twilight of his career than we're paying Reed Mahoney?
He would be on considerably more than Mahoney now. Why would we he have signed so quickly if we was offered consislderably less?

Last edited:

Latest posts