What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.3%

• Total voters

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I remember walking home from work in about 2013 and being excited about Sticky's replacement. I believe it was out of Arthur's and Taylor.
And Taylor got the job, but the senior players had a sook and went running to the superiors and demanded Arthur be coach.....

This guy is good......

King-Gutho94

Coach
And Taylor got the job, but the senior players had a sook and went running to the superiors and demanded Arthur be coach.....

This guy is good......
Taylor would have destroyed the club even more. Look at his stint at Wests Tigers.

Arthur was the right coach in 2014 when the side needed a pick me up & some love after being bashed the hell out of by Ricky.

The squad we had in 2014 - BA got a decent amount out of. Those 2 last games though that season undid all the hard work they did that season.

But he is no longer the right fit in 2024.

King-Gutho94

Coach
it was a third party "on behalf of Bennett" what ever the f**k that means
Bennett had someone contact Parra telling them he is interested if we are keen to engage.

We opted against it.

Bennett isn't going to beg for the job.

Its up to Parramatta to go out and chase Bennett.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Taylor would have destroyed the club even more. Look at his stint at Wests Tigers.

Arthur was the right coach in 2014 when the side needed a pick me up & some love after being bashed the hell out of by Ricky.

The squad we had in 2014 - BA got a decent amount out of. Those 2 last games though that season undid all the hard work they did that season.

But he is no longer the right fit in 2024.

Wasnt that 2014 squad better and shaped by Stuart, pissing off 12 of the dead wood he had in 2013. From memory he signed better player than what we had, the likes of Nathan Peats, Corey Norman and also Josh Papalli (who reneged later, probably knew Stuart was coming to Canberra) Also Will Hopoate back from him Mormon mission??played origin that year.

Do we make finals if Ricky was there in 2014 (and probably have Papalli there too)

King-Gutho94

Coach
Wasnt that 2014 squad better and shaped by Stuart, pissing off 12 of the dead wood he had in 2013. From memory he signed better player than what we had, the likes of Nathan Peats, Corey Norman and also Josh Papalli (who reneged later, probably knew Stuart was coming to Canberra) Also Will Hopoate back from him Mormon mission??played origin that year.

Do we make finals if Ricky was there in 2014 (and probably have Papalli there too)
I guess we will never know.

When you have Chris Sandow at Halfback you probably struggle to play finals.

Maybe because we were so shit and so far behind the other teams between 2011 and 2013.

2014 felt like a breath of fresh air that we punched above our weight for most of the year.

I just went back and looked at our 2014 season and the ladder.

We missed the finals on F/A.

3 games we lost stand out was the difference between 10th and 5th.

2 home games we lost that year we took too Homebush the Tigers and Dogs we lost on Goal kicking and ball-boy gate in the dying moments.

There was another game we got shafted at Brookie oval early in the year because we were seen as a wooden spoon side and Manly were a GF side from the year before got all the calls.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I reckon the best period we actually looked under BA was the first half of 2016 before we lost the points.

Our D was top 2 standard. After 9 rounds when the points deduction came in.

We kept the Dogs to 3 tries in 2 games.
Tigers to 0
Manly to 1 try
Canberra to 1 try

We were only averaging 2 tries a game defensively.

And a lot of those games we did spend a lot of time defending our tryline.

We were 6 wins and 3 losses at that stage. Headed for the top 4.

Unfortunately Foran had a breakdown and the salary cap penalty took its toll.

Considering Cronulla won that year Gus did say it was a soft comp. The chooks came 2nd last.

Like everything with Parramatta just when things look great there is a disaster around the corner.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm willing to concede that Arthur is doing it tough without Moses, Gutherson, and a few disruptions to start the season (not to mention the clusterf**k of injuries, and suspensions, last year).

However, he just cannot continue to motivate this side, imo.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Or seemingly help them improve their execution.

Looking at the stats for the amount of time/tackles within our opposition's 20m zone versus the points we actually score show this squad has reached its ceiling under BA.

yy_cheng

Coach
Or seemingly help them improve their execution.

Looking at the stats for the amount of time/tackles within our opposition's 20m zone versus the points we actually score show this squad has reached its ceiling under BA.
Its what I've said. We camp ourselves but can't score.

The opposition gets in our 20 and bang bang bang

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'm willing to concede that Arthur is doing it tough without Moses, Gutherson, and a few disruptions to start the season (not to mention the clusterf**k of injuries, and suspensions, last year).

However, he just cannot continue to motivate this side, imo.
We need a fresh start and a circuit breaker.

Starts with the coach it's best to part ways after this year considering we only have 5 players locked in post 2025. It's the time to go in a new direction.

It will give the new coach a perfect opportunity to have the roster he wants within 12 months by choosing who he wants and not carry the can for BA's roster and style.

Keeping BA in 2025 will set us back longer as it will mean players will already have committed post 2025 and some of them the new coach may not really want.

Latest posts