What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.6%

• Total voters

Legal Eel

Juniors
I think you need to avoid quoting out of context, just to get likes.

The context is (paraphrasing) - I hope that they just don't stop at sacking the coach and think that that is the silver bullet for success, because there is a heap of change that needs to occur all they way down from junior development and recruitment all the way up to the top 30 squad.

Tell me if I am wrong.
I'm involved in the juniors and see it first hand - Sixties is dead right about changes needed to the approaches and structures.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ive tried to get my head around this announcement by the club and wonder what will happen from here? Part of me isnt too shocked he was tapped on the shoulder after the loss, there was something strange about how the players, well certain players, weren't responding to things and just lost focus, no one put their hand up to guide us around and the missed tackles were so bad that even the Ron Massey comp players would make better tackles. It seemed like Arthur lost the dressing room. Part of me was expecting a sacking at the end of the year should things not improve but it didnt seem like things will.

I'm not sure if a change of coach will get us out of the mess. Barrett's record isnt great, but if he improve us closer to the 8, then maybe there's hope for the future. But at the moment, I feel this could take a while to recover. The place needs a cleanout, coaching staff, recruitment.

As for Arthur, I wish him all the best in the future and thank him for what he has done for this club. He took on a role which was really challenging after the dark days of Kearney and Stuart. Recruiting some key players, helped players with their careers, especially Cartwright and RCG. Took us to the finals and the big one in 2022 which was an amazing win up in Townsville. He also held us together during that dark year in 2016 when things couldve got worse for us on the field but he helped us out. So many great memories in the Arthur era, but I still have goosebumps when Moses scored that 80m try at our opening at Commbank the whole crowd went nuts.

All the best BA and thank you for the memories.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How temporarily? About another 15 weeks I reckon. Arthur has taken us back to being genuine cellar dwellers. Like he did 6 years ago.
I'd say just until we got our captain and our most important player back in the team. The 2013 squad was atrocious. The 2024 squad is mediocre. But that's a function of the salary cap cycle rather than Arthur's coaching.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He says lol, "what we have to trust is that the people who are charged with making decisions at our club know more than what we do"

Is Pou sixties?
It's pretty obvious for any rational thinker. What goes on inside a sporting organisation is well hidden from outsiders, which InClUdEs tHe MoSt PaSsIoNaTe FaNs!!!

Merkins have their pet theories for the cause of prolonged failure, whether the coach, resources, luck or Mark O'Neill, but the fact is we don't know. The people who do know are on the inside and it is proven that they lie to the media (and rightly so). The rest of us can only make an assessment, with the likelihood of accuracy based on how intelligent, rational and determined we are. Lazy, dumb and hysterical merkins demand scapegoats. The quality of their opinions is on display.

hindy111

Post Whore
Doesn’t sound like us!

Hand over the cash you miserable merkin.
Actually on technicality until BA is deceased bets are open. You said we'd win a comp under BA. Says who we won't do a Ivan Cleary and bring him back to keep Boods happy?

I should charge you for my legal advice.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hand over the cash you miserable merkin.
Actually on technicality until BA is deceased bets are open. You said we'd win a comp under BA. Says who we won't do a Ivan Cleary and bring him back to keep Boods happy?

I should charge you for my legal advice.
He got closer then i thought he would have.

I voted no after the 28-0 defeat in Round 20, 2021 in Mackay against the chooks when a busted arse Chooks side missing about 9 players just pounded us and we were only missing Moses with Jake running the side.

We were running 4th at the time and the sad thing was that night we looked like worst coached to be sitting 4th so deep into a season i had ever seen from anyone. I didnt think we would ever make a GF under BA after that.

Our attack was dreadful, defence not much better.

We looked clueless then without our halfback as we do now 3 years on.

Gutho called Opacic a dumb c... as well that night.

Angry_eel

First Grade
He got closer then i thought he would have.

I voted no after the 28-0 defeat in Round 20, 2021 in Mackay against the chooks when a busted arse Chooks side missing about 9 players just pounded us and we were only missing Moses with Jake running the side.

We were running 4th at the time and the sad thing was that night we looked like worst coached to be sitting 4th so deep into a season i had ever seen from anyone. I didnt think we would ever make a GF under BA after that.

Our attack was dreadful, defence not much better.

We looked clueless then without our halfback as we do now 3 years on.

Gutho called Opacic a dumb c... as well that night.
Well Opacic didn't like that and he left.

the phantom menace

First Grade
You need to stop watching war movies made by Hollywood and read the Brereton Report. Your understanding of Australian military culture is laughable.
I'm not trying to understand Australian military culture - I'm merely shedding light on the frailties of your posted perspective.

And I have read the Brereton report (for professional interest).

Do you posts here not demonstrate a blind faith in authority figures?Are you not (through the lens of your posts here) a Brad Arthur - or the previous coach, or the next coach - "titty tugger"?