What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

Parra

Referee

Your last post implied that Anderson didn't have the final say on players at the club.

Wonder which report is true? Seems to come down to who requires defending at the time.

Apparently Anderson had no control, but he is blamed for dud signings.
SK can't be at fault, due to Andos dud signings, but SK also needs a clause that allows him to pick the squad, because Ando did not enjoy that level of freedom.

The people spinning these stories need to be more careful.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Apparently Anderson had no control, but he is blamed for dud signings.

Anderson is blamed for not being able to get the best out of the players.

None of us know who signed who, but if it was Anderson's idea to get rid of Mateo and Inu then good on him. It was a very good decision.

It still doesn't change the fact that good players got worse under his coaching.

Don't jump down my throat, I wasn't criticising the Eels. When I said "massive steal" I didn't mean in the sense that you guys are thiefs. I meant in the sense that it could prove to be a great buy for you.

Sandow is just 22, he's shown significant improvement this year, and paying 333k a year might prove to be great value if he's a gun HB halfway through the contract.

I'm not mad at the Eels, I'm mad at my own club for signing Sutton before Sandow, if we can't match the offer (and I doubt we will be able to) it will be because we spent the money on Sutton when IMO Sandow will be a better player over the next 3 years.
I found it strange that souths signed Sutton before Sandow maybe it wasn't by choice Sandow may ahve had some offers on the table first and Sutton didn't so he signed and Sandow wanted to explore his options. Sandow adds a lot more to your footy team than Sutton ever has.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I found it strange that souths signed Sutton before Sandow maybe it wasn't by choice Sandow may ahve had some offers on the table first and Sutton didn't so he signed and Sandow wanted to explore his options. Sandow adds a lot more to your footy team than Sutton ever has.

Sutton's in pretty poor form right now so he would have been asking for less. I reckon that would be a big part of it.

Eels Dude

Coach
Anderson is blamed for not being able to get the best out of the players.

None of us know who signed who, but if it was Anderson's idea to get rid of Mateo and Inu then good on him. It was a very good decision.

It still doesn't change the fact that good players got worse under his coaching.

In saying that there's certainly players who haven't got any better under Kearney's coaching... and some have certainly got worse under him too.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sandow would be better than anything we have.I am jsut not a fan of the guys on field antics.
He has talent-Try's hard-A real competitor.He is also young.Lets be honest he is twice the talent of morts and robo.And he can only get better.

True EEL

Bench
I also think Sandow has been pretty good this year.

IMHO Sandow has been bad this year....which is why i'm not in favour of him right now.....to me he has regressed this year.....(Suity that means gone backwards, devolved, gotten worse, not as good as before...;-))

Last edited:

True EEL

Bench
As long he is willing to follow Kearney's structure I think he will be fine as Sandow at the same time still has the individual brilliance. At the moment Sandow still looks pretty good despite Johnny Langs coaching.

now this is a good comment...
is sandow up to falling in line with a Coach, a structure and a team mentailty.....??? nice contribution mate...

True EEL

Bench
It doesn't help that his whole team has been pretty poor, bar a few games.

fair, but Boxy, he is their general....

look at Souths, Parra, Titans (till recently), Raiders and Warriors....their general's (and halves in general) have all been below par so far and where are they all on the ladder....???