What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters
I was wondering last night, why did anyone need to go to the game on Monday night to watch them play anyway?

Surely they can watch hours of replays, that we have all watched, at home on the TV?

Are they likely to change thier minds by being live at the ground?

Gronk

Staff member
I wonder if Sandow really has any idea what he is getting himself into.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
By the way the $600k under the cap is a furffy! It is not even 1/5 of that figure!

With the front-loading of new contracts it's no longer that much, but for lack of talent at the club we're effectively still that much under the cap.

The beauty is, in future we'll be effectively over the cap (as far as talent goes) due to the front-loading pushed into this year.

Of course, this will be cancelled out by the overs we have to pay merkins to come here.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree, it is good in that way, but I actually am genuinely excited at the prospect of signing Sandow. Aside from Maloney, who is the only other realistic chance to sign in the halves, Sandow is our best bet and I think he would add some real aggression and ticker into this team. We have a team composed of softies, guys who you'd love to hug - aside from Justin Poore, who's pretty much the only one who even has an aggresive thought out of all our current players. Sandow really is a grub that gets in your face and really motivates your other players by leading through example.

You forgot Fui :p. But you make a very valid point - Sandow is one of those players you love to hate. I know I was spewing when we played Souths because he was out there playing lol.

But at the same time, he is very young (just turned 22), has a lot of talent, and let's face it - why not get a grubby player? The grubs are the guys likely to make you game-winning plays. Corey Payne and Michael Ennis are heroes out West right now. Bryce Gibbs is a Tigers Immortal. Steve Matai, injuries aside, is idolised at Manly. About time we signed a grub IMO.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was wondering last night, why did anyone need to go to the game on Monday night to watch them play anyway?

Surely they can watch hours of replays, that we have all watched, at home on the TV?

Are they likely to change thier minds by being live at the ground?

If you go to the game you can see a lot more of them off-the-ball. On tv you're limited by where the camera's pointing.

Ollie Webb

Juniors
Then we spent all of the Quade Cooper cash on geriatric ESL players + Carl Webb.

Nice one. :roll:

Correct, very poor strategic management of player recruitment by our CEO. In addition we are still paying Tahu and Grothe.

Hicks- 1 game, Whatiura- 1 game, Webb- 1 game, Walker- 2 games, Maguire- 4 games, Maitua- NIL, Murray- NIL, Atkins- 1 game out of a possible 48 games!

Parra

Referee
Ask some of the self-appointed PR men around here. Don't ask too much, they will run out or words very quickly.

You don't really need to know Osbourne's expectations. Just be content with what you see. Any problems are clearly the fault of ex-management and ex-coaches.

Parra

Referee
As you have pointed out pou pou, building, rebuilding, fixing up the grievous errors of the past, struggling against the tide.

Or were you just making that stuff up? Wishful thinking?

SDM

First Grade
Correct, very poor strategic management of player recruitment by our CEO. In addition we are still paying Tahu and Grothe.

Hicks- 1 game, Whatiura- 1 game, Webb- 1 game, Walker- 2 games, Maguire- 4 games, Maitua- NIL, Murray- NIL, Atkins- 1 game out of a possible 48 games!

He retired. You are full of shit.