What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

True EEL

Bench
If it's true that you blokes offered 1m for 3 years, I very much doubt we can match that. But I'll be mad as hell if we do lose him. We've now put 5 years into him, a 5 year teething stage. He's just starting to improve now, if he f**ks off to you blokes to play in his prime it'll be so unfair.

If we can only offer say 750 for 3 years, I hope he shows loyalty and stays with us.

Out of him and Sutton I'd rather we keep Sandow. If you guys get him he might just end up being a massive steal.

well u just re-signed Sutton, so i am now almost resigned to the fact we will end up with Sandow.....:?

True EEL

Bench
Watch out buddy, you will get crucified trying to defend DA or suggest he got the raw part of the deal. You're not allowed to voice your own opinion.

yeah sadly pretty much....there is some strong Parra Forum mafia round these parts unfortunatelty....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If Sandow was in our team now doing the same move that Mortimer does where they have a runner then Mortimer passes to hayne, Sandow would be very dangerouns. Look at the souths they don't have any structure, on Monday night they had no last tackle options which is a sign of poor coaching. While we aren't executing will, where we do we look likely, now back to Sandow if he replaced Mortimer in that attacking move mentioned, the oposition would not now who to take. Sandow has a very good running game, so does Hayne, so the oposition needs to make a decision who to go for, but they also would need to watch out for the cut pass or a kick behind. And this would be the benefit of Sandow in the side he has natural attacking instinct, he would have the ability to either running, pass to hayne, cut out pass or kick behind, the problem with mortimer he doesn't have natural attacking ability.

SDM

First Grade
Cant wait till we sign him. Midgets are hilarious, is that Ian Henderson bloke still around? We should get him too.

boxhead

First Grade
Cant wait till we sign him. Midgets are hilarious, is that Ian Henderson bloke still around? We should get him too.

You sound exactly like a relative of mine. Are you coming over tonight by any chance?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think people are underestimating Sandow's two biggest strengths just a little bit.

(1) He runs the ball very well.

(2) He loves to put big hits on.

Firstly, neither of our current halves run the ball very much. Mortimer used to look good running and has stopped. Robson, too - looked a little sharper running the ball but hasn't really done it a lot. As a result, defences take a very easy approach: get in their faces and pressure them. And because neither Robson nor Mortimer have the vision or skill of, say, a Scott Prince, the defence can usually snuff out any danger with relative ease.

Sandow's ability to run with the ball and make half-breaks (or even breaks) will add a whole new dimension to our attack. Suddenly defences will have to think, "Gee, now they have Sandow AND Hayne who are both dangerous running the ball...Maybe we should relax a little and see what to do next..." And as we all know by now, the "sit and wait to see what happens next" approach to defence is Hayne's favourite.

On point two, it doesn't necessarily mean that opposition forwards won't target him. Of course they will. But it means that he will take some sting and juice out of opposition forwards simply by putting on a big hit. This will undoubtedly pay dividends as the game wears on and the forwards have already spent a lot of energy.

I believe Chris Sandow is exactly the sort of fellow we need. He is niggly, he is annoying, he's aggressive, he's arrogant, he's competitive - but he has the skills IMO to back it up. Brett Finch was a competitor and a trier, but didn't have much skill. Robbo - freaking legend off the field and he never dies wondering. But he's lacking in skill. Mortimer also.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think people are underestimating Sandow's two biggest strengths just a little bit.

(1) He runs the ball very well.

(2) He loves to put big hits on.

Firstly, neither of our current halves run the ball very much. Mortimer used to look good running and has stopped. Robson, too - looked a little sharper running the ball but hasn't really done it a lot. As a result, defences take a very easy approach: get in their faces and pressure them. And because neither Robson nor Mortimer have the vision or skill of, say, a Scott Prince, the defence can usually snuff out any danger with relative ease.

Sandow's ability to run with the ball and make half-breaks (or even breaks) will add a whole new dimension to our attack. Suddenly defences will have to think, "Gee, now they have Sandow AND Hayne who are both dangerous running the ball...Maybe we should relax a little and see what to do next..." And as we all know by now, the "sit and wait to see what happens next" approach to defence is Hayne's favourite.

On point two, it doesn't necessarily mean that opposition forwards won't target him. Of course they will. But it means that he will take some sting and juice out of opposition forwards simply by putting on a big hit. This will undoubtedly pay dividends as the game wears on and the forwards have already spent a lot of energy.

I believe Chris Sandow is exactly the sort of fellow we need. He is niggly, he is annoying, he's aggressive, he's arrogant, he's competitive - but he has the skills IMO to back it up. Brett Finch was a competitor and a trier, but didn't have much skill. Robbo - freaking legend off the field and he never dies wondering. But he's lacking in skill. Mortimer also.

very very very well said. I get the feeling most people are rating Sandow on his personality not his playing ability.

ParraFan09

Juniors
I dont know why so many people dont want Sandow. He is a class player. We have been saying since the begining of last year, how badly we needed a new #7. A perfect opportunity comes up and knowone wants him, They would rather wait for Cooper Cronk to ask for a release from Melbourne :crazy: Never going to happen. Or Quade Cooper to switch codes again, not gunna happen, If he does however switch codes it will be to the Broncos IMO, To replace Lockyer. Our options are Morts & Robbo Again or Chris Sandow, Pretty easy decision IMO!

Eels Dude

Coach
I dont know why so many people dont want Sandow. He is a class player. We have been saying since the begining of last year, how badly we needed a new #7. A perfect opportunity comes up and knowone wants him, They would rather wait for Cooper Cronk to ask for a release from Melbourne :crazy: Never going to happen. Or Quade Cooper to switch codes again, not gunna happen, If he does however switch codes it will be to the Broncos IMO, To replace Lockyer. Our options are Morts & Robbo Again or Chris Sandow, Pretty easy decision IMO!

Yeah I agree with this. Unless like some people think we should just sign another rookie and wait 2 to 3 years in hope they'll become a first grader like we're currently doing with Morts.

ParraFan09

Juniors
Yeah I agree with this. Unless like some people think we should just sign another rookie and wait 2 to 3 years in hope they'll become a first grader like we're currently doing with Morts.
I wouldnt have a problem signing a rookie half if we had a quality Five-eight, Sadly we dont. And "NO" moving Hayne to 6 is not an option. He is a fullback simple as that. Im all for Sandow i think he would be a good pick up for our club.

ParraFan09

Juniors
A new 6 should be no less important than a 7. Likewise a 2,3.4,5...
I disagree.
Burt And Reddy more then deserve to keep there 2 & 3 jumpers respectivly, So we dont need to worry about that, I would agree however that we need a new 4 & 5.
But we have a few option for Five eight.
Murray, Humble Morts Even Robson.
But we need a NEW halfback!

Avenger

Immortal
I really don't think we will get Sandow. I just cannot see him leaving Souths however I would just love him to come and put one massive egg on some faces here.

True EEL

Bench
hmmmmm....do i find myself re-thinking somewhat?
Eelementary and some other posters have me wondering.....maybe we do need a smart#ss little shit like Sandow, a grub, to play for Parra...hmmm??