What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

BunniesMan

Immortal
If it's true that you blokes offered 1m for 3 years, I very much doubt we can match that. But I'll be mad as hell if we do lose him. We've now put 5 years into him, a 5 year teething stage. He's just starting to improve now, if he f**ks off to you blokes to play in his prime it'll be so unfair.

If we can only offer say 750 for 3 years, I hope he shows loyalty and stays with us.

Out of him and Sutton I'd rather we keep Sandow. If you guys get him he might just end up being a massive steal.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If it's true that you blokes offered 1m for 3 years, I very much doubt we can match that. But I'll be mad as hell if we do lose him. We've now put 5 years into him, a 5 year teething stage. He's just starting to improve now, if he f**ks off to you blokes to play in his prime it'll be so unfair.

If we can only offer say 750 for 3 years, I hope he shows loyalty and stays with us.

Out of him and Sutton I'd rather we keep Sandow. If you guys get him he might just end up being a massive steal.

welcome to our world,

how many of our juniors are playing for other clubs ?

get over it

El Diablo

Post Whore
Correct, very poor strategic management of player recruitment by our CEO. In addition we are still paying Tahu and Grothe.

Hicks- 1 game, Whatiura- 1 game, Webb- 1 game, Walker- 2 games, Maguire- 4 games, Maitua- NIL, Murray- NIL, Atkins- 1 game out of a possible 48 games!

Osbourne is doing a great job.

You just need to align your expectations with his.

Parra board agrees to give Kearney final say on players

PARRAMATTA'S new coach, Stephen Kearney, says he has received an assurance from the club's board that he will be in charge of hiring and firing players

BigErn

Juniors
I reckon that if you put a poll in the souths forum whether they should keep or let go of sandow, it would be a resounding yes to keep him. The fans obviously think that he's doing something right. Most of the souths supporters I talk to will be upset to see him go.

Maybe he is a good purchase.

But again the question is: at what price?
I'm sure the fans will be happy to keep him, but will they pay 350,000 a year for him, even if they had space in the cap? Probably not

yy_cheng

Coach
as much as I don't think Sandow is consistent enough, I would say yes if there is no chance of Cronk, Cooper, et al.

Robbo is very consistent but at not a very high standard.

If Sandow can play the Tim Smith role with his kicks, Mortz will benefit from not having to make plays and to play a support role.

If we do get someone else at 7, I think Sandow would make a great impact player off the bench even as a hooker based on his speed.

Yeah, $1m is a bit too much but there's no other choice.

Eels Dude

Coach

How many players from other clubs have you taken after they've developed them?

Taylor and Inglis for starters, not to mention a whole heap of others over the years. What goes around comes around.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How many players from other clubs have you taken after they've developed them?

Taylor and Inglis for starters, not to mention a whole heap of others over the years. What goes around comes around.
Don't jump down my throat, I wasn't criticising the Eels. When I said "massive steal" I didn't mean in the sense that you guys are thiefs. I meant in the sense that it could prove to be a great buy for you.

Sandow is just 22, he's shown significant improvement this year, and paying 333k a year might prove to be great value if he's a gun HB halfway through the contract.

I'm not mad at the Eels, I'm mad at my own club for signing Sutton before Sandow, if we can't match the offer (and I doubt we will be able to) it will be because we spent the money on Sutton when IMO Sandow will be a better player over the next 3 years.