What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
800k over 3 years is much more reasonable tahn the million being reported earlier in the week.

Agreed, it's a fair price. Actually, if that is what we have paid it's an excellent price. If he improves at least 10% on this years efforts so far, you could say it's a bargain

caylo

Bench
Sandow at 265K a season v Mortimer at 200K a season, I know which way I would swing.

Also the fact that Bennet has endorsed him is a big plus IMO, if it is true but like the 1mil number floting around earlier it cold just be media beat up.

Also intresting to read about T.Symonds, he would come pretty cheap considering his in and out of the roosters team has looked good the few times I've seen him. I don't know why he has yet to cement a spot in the Roosters team so their may be consistancy problems.

Not happy but after settling down a bit and thinking of the situation. WHO ELSE IS THERE that we can sign?? Not much.

I'd still go after Widdop from the Storm!!

Sandow at 265K a season v Mortimer at 200K a season, I know which way I would swing.

Also the fact that Bennet has endorsed him is a big plus IMO, if it is true but like the 1mil number floting around earlier it cold just be media beat up.

Also intresting to read about T.Symonds, he would come pretty cheap considering his in and out of the roosters team has looked good the few times I've seen him. I don't know why he has yet to cement a spot in the Roosters team so their may be consistancy problems.

Tom Symonds not cementing himself at the Roosters?? Just look at the coach and you'll know why.

MrT

Juniors
$800k for 3 years is a good price for a halfback of his age and experience. Hodkinson is on more than that slightly and has a lot less experience.

If sandow is going to be our number 7, surely we cannot have Mortimer at 6. Opposition forwards would have a field day

caylo

Bench
Tom Symonds not cementing himself at the Roosters?? Just look at the coach and you'll know why.

I have only watched about 15min of him this year but saw a lot more of him in previous years and he is a strong wide running backrower but I just had a look a his stats (not that it means to much) but his avg running meters are low. It could be that Smith doesn't think he works hard enough. This is pure speculation obviously.

MrT

Juniors
That's $800k for 3 years or $266k per year. Trent Hodkinson signed for $270k a year with the Dogs and he had less than a season in 1st grade. Sandow is 22 years of age so has a long way to go. If Kearney and Arthurs can really bring out the best in him, it's a bargain

Chipmunk

Coach
I would have to say NO!!! We might as well sign Michael Ennis as well!!! I'll put aside the fact that I don't like him as a player and look at what he has done. He has the best Forward Pack in the NRL in front of him (they really) and their backline isnt too shabby especially with Inglis, Souths on paper should be dominating this league. With the room that these forwards give Sandow should be giving his backs tries left right and centre. If he can't lead these guys how do you think he'll go with our boys.

Now I'm not knocking our boys but our backline needs retouching up. I'm still bemused by the signing of Whatuira, Walker, Hicks this year??? Our forward pack could be as good as all if we were all healthy. We need a lot more speed and creativity than what Sandow can offer.

I really hope we do not sign him. Can someone please tell Paul Osbourne not to sign him and go back to talking to Quade Cooper!!!

Why, so he can waste more of our time. Quade Cooper isnt coming, was never coming and will never come...Get over it.

And for that matter, Cooper Cronk can have a million get out clauses in his contract, whilst Bellamy remains at the Storm I doubt Cronk is going anywhere, even if we are going to pay him $700k a season.

Sandow is alot younger than I thought and realistically he is probably not the best and most suitable half-back for our needs. But, he is better than what we have and the only other option out there with any first grade ability is James Maloney....so, you can chase Maloney for while and he might say Yes....or he might Di%K you around for months and then say No! And then what are we left with, Robson and Mortimer....Id actually consider signing them both at this point, at the end of the day, we have nothing to lose and very little option

caylo

Bench
I would have to say NO!!! We might as well sign Michael Ennis as well!!! I'll put aside the fact that I don't like him as a player and look at what he has done. He has the best Forward Pack in the NRL in front of him (they really) and their backline isnt too shabby especially with Inglis, Souths on paper should be dominating this league. With the room that these forwards give Sandow should be giving his backs tries left right and centre. If he can't lead these guys how do you think he'll go with our boys.

Now I'm not knocking our boys but our backline needs retouching up. I'm still bemused by the signing of Whatuira, Walker, Hicks this year??? Our forward pack could be as good as all if we were all healthy. We need a lot more speed and creativity than what Sandow can offer.

I really hope we do not sign him. Can someone please tell Paul Osbourne not to sign him and go back to talking to Quade Cooper!!!

I don't rate the Souths pack, they are all hype. Alof of ball playign wide running forwards but I dont think they muscle up all that well through the middle and they arnt particularly consistant.

Also souths have been one of the best attacking teams in the last 2 years (2nd best 2010 and 2009) but you must also consider that Luke is their hooker aswell. I would have no problem with sandow here because firstly he is a genuine attacking option, secondly he is young and lastly he can kick. His defence is no worse then Mortimer and his creative ability is better then Robson and Mortimer combined tbh.

Yes the kid can be considered a grub on the field but thats never a problem when it comes from a player you support, just look how much Sharks fans love Gallen. I would happily have Sandow here and 265K is a fair amount to pay him IMO and in 3 years he could be worth a lot more then that.

Constraint

Juniors
As much as I've thought the Bunnies will never have a sniff at a premiership with Sandow at 7, it still seems like a colossal improvement bringing him in for Robson. Quite sad, really. Still, hoping he really works out well with you boys.

oldmancraigy

Coach
That's $800k for 3 years or $266k per year. Trent Hodkinson signed for $270k a year with the Dogs and he had less than a season in 1st grade. Sandow is 22 years of age so has a long way to go. If Kearney and Arthurs can really bring out the best in him, it's a bargain

Sandow is twice as good as Hodkinson, and has a MUCH higher ceiling.

If he just keeps playing at the same level he's currently playing at, then this is a good signing.

As has been said elsewhere, it's not easy to get a good halfback - anyone decent tends to get locked up by their club. The Doggies paid massive overs for a guy who is 'passable' in Hodko; if we can get Sandow for less it's a great effort.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well at least we didn't pay too much so we've got plenty left

as to whether its the right decision, only time will tell

interesting that Benny would have chased him if he went to the Bronx, obviously thinks he's a better option than Wallace

strider

Post Whore
can't say i'm a sandow fan :? .... infact i think he's a first rate dickhead and a brain snap waiting to happen