What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

natheel

Coach
I think he would go well at parramatta we have a player there who will be ableto come in and take some pressure off him in the playmaking stakes at times in Jayne and visa versa...266k a season is a bargain and a very very reasonable price for a 7 who has a few seasons in the 7 jersey.

I wonder if robson will head to England. I am thankful for having robbo because he did well with the little skills he has

Gronk

Staff member
Not everyone rates him ...

Why did Souths re-sign John Sutton?
Forty-four years ago advertising man Charles Rosner coined the catchphrase, ‘If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.’ Rosner might not have been big on rugby league (being American and all), but even he would have been able to see that John Sutton has been given enough chances already. Souths have a highly-rated pack (currently underperforming, but still full of talent) and a serviceable backline. Even given the lack of go-forward, it is glaringly obvious that the Rabbitohs lack class at the scrumbase.

Many people believe that Chris Sandow will never become a top-line halfback. He lacks touch with his kicking, and despite brilliance as a ball-runner he does not show strong organisational skills. Given that Souths have expressed a desire to retain him (although Parramatta is also believed to be interested) the only option is to break the halves combination that has consistently failed to fire. Sutton has strong claims on the title of most frustrating player in the competition, given his obvious talent and physical prowess. Too often he looks like he would rather be splashing around in Maroubra surf rather than tackling opponents. As the senior player he should be taking pressure off Sandow, but he fails in this duty. He also fails to give star back Greg Inglis enough quality ball.

Despite all this, Sutton has been given a three-year contract extension, no doubt on big money – when offloading him could have eased salary cap pressures and given the player himself the opportunity for reinvention at another club. Souths should now trade Sandow and look for a better halfback option or the club will continue its recent record of mediocrity.
http://www.bigpondsport.com/titans-pull-off-another-coup/tabid/91/newsid/70495/default.aspx

Noa

First Grade
Dont you love it when you wake up and see the great man is of the same opinion as yourself :p .

Just hurry up and sign him Parra and stop your bleating, he'll be fine under a structured coach.

Which is why Bennett directed him there to answer a previous question

Last edited:

True EEL

Bench
hmmm.....i have softened somewhat to the idea
especially as the price seems much more reasonable
but to me Sandow has some work to do and that might start with an attitude adjustment

True EEL

Bench
i like the Vaivai signing......and def the Tom Symonds signing, he could be really good (if both are definite)

Gazzamatta

Coach
Am in two minds really but he has to be better that whats currently being offered by Parra and there dosent appear to be many options. When compared to Hodkinson, Sandow is better and cheaper. I really like Sandow's toughness and lack of fear and thats always a great plus.
Sandow at 7 and Humble at 6 will do me fine.

Freak2

Juniors
Our last 3 signings from Souths have been our best 3 signings (from another club) over the past decade.
Fui / McKinnon / Stringer.

Hopefully Sandow will be another great signing from the bunnies!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So we will be siging a 22 yr old halfback with 4 yrs experience under his belt when he comes to Parra??? Who is also a very handy goal kicker, all for less than what the Doggies paid for Hodkowho had played 6 months????

He can be erratic, he can make mistakes but at least he will be able to contribute to the team unlike the two Logs we have their ATM. At least the club is being proactive and not chasing pipe dreams like Cronk,Thurston and co.

Noa

First Grade
hmmm.....i have softened somewhat to the idea
especially as the price seems much more reasonable
but to me Sandow has some work to do and that might start with an attitude adjustment

Mate its like I said in another thread, Sandow is in the enviable position that to become a top-line player he has to drop more stuff then he needs to add.

And I can guarantee the one thing Mooks will hammer into him above everything else is Organize, organize and when youve finished that do a little bit more organizing.

i think he's the best option we still have available i think he has a lot of bad habits that lang hasnt had any luck ironing out (or hasnt bothered trying) so a change of coach could be a good thing for him and at least he has a reasonable kicking game which puts him ahead of mortimer and robson hopefully him and morts could work well together

Noa

First Grade
Id be using mooks relationship with Wayne to find out what he's doing with Beau henry.

May get squeezed out if Gids goes to 6 too accomodate Darius.

i think he's the best option we still have available i think he has a lot of bad habits that lang hasnt had any luck ironing out (or hasnt bothered trying) so a change of coach could be a good thing for him and at least he has a reasonable kicking game which puts him ahead of mortimer and robson hopefully him and morts could work well together

If you rate Sandows kicking as reasonable, Mortimers must be hilarious.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Who am I to argue with the greats. If Wayne and SK both truly think that Sandow is the solution, then bring him in.

Id be using mooks relationship with Wayne to find out what he's doing with Beau henry.

May get squeezed out if Gids goes to 6 too accomodate Darius.

Please be true!!

MrT

Juniors
Who am I to argue with the greats. If Wayne and SK both truly think that Sandow is the solution, then bring him in.

Please be true!!

Have to agree, Beau henry would be a very good signing. he looked good alongside Mullen and with Boyd heading there he could get squeezed out. I imagine Souths would be all over him also now that they've lost Sandow