What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

True EEL

Bench
Overzealous? Nope....... I sort of held back a little. Loudgimp and I go way back to the original Eels forum.

fair enough, if you say so.....

and do you mean the old forum that used to be on the Parra site??
i used to follow the threads there, but truly don't remember if i ever actaully posted....? :?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ha ha ha Casper and TPB. I'm a chick you know!

I dont care what you are

You-Are-Awesome_The_Office.gif

but for real, a chick? :oops:

Snoochies

First Grade
Bloke on Channel 9 this morning said he spoke with Parra this morning and are very confident we will get Sandow.

True EEL

Bench
Bloke on Channel 9 this morning said he spoke with Parra this morning and are very confident we will get Sandow.

well, if you saw his interview for MOTM with Vossy last night, Vossy asked him straight up....where is Chris sandow's future headed, we've heard about a big money offer from Parramatta....and Sandow said words to the effect of
well i leave that sort of stuff to my manager, and something, something, and you know Souths is a great club, BUT i also have to make sure i do what is best for me.....

to me that seemed to be very open if not pointed, as if geez i don't want to be harsh to Souths but i'm almost out the door....whether or not its to Parra is the other question?

i must also admit....i voted NO in this poll and have been pretty critical of Sandow for: (a) not performing well this year and (b) essentially being an arrogant grub, and at first was not keen on the idea of buying him at all....

but then, i softened listening to the logic of some people saying maybe Parramatta needs a player with some mongrel and arrogance and well, personality, like he posesses......and to be brutally honest after his performances the last two weeks and in particular last night against Souths, i have actually pretty much come full circle on this....i say sign him up

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
well, if you saw his interview for MOTM with Vossy last night, Vossy asked him straight up....where is Chris sandow's future headed, we've heard about a big money offer from Parramatta....and Sandow said words to the effect of
well i leave that sort of stuff to my manager, and something, something, and you know Souths is a great club, BUT i also have to make sure i do what is best for me.....

to me that seemed to be very open if not pointed, as if geez i don't want to be harsh to Souths but i'm almost out the door....whether or not its to Parra is the other question?

i must also admit....i voted NO in this poll and have been pretty critical of Sandow for: (a) not performing well this year and (b) essentially being an arrogant grub, and at first was not keen on the idea of buying him at all....

but then, i softened listening to the logic of some people saying maybe Parramatta needs a player with some mongrel and arrogance and well, personality, like he posesses......and to be brutally honest after his performances the last two weeks and in particular last night against Souths, i have actually pretty much come full circle on this....i say sign him up

The best thing about Sandow is not the fact he is playing like a brillant veteran halfback but:

- He is very young so has plenty of time to improve
- has all the skills, fast, kicks, passing game not scared to run the ball.
- is fearless in defence
- has shown potential in a pretty sh8tty coached side.

strider

Post Whore

OR what he said could say, I'd like souths to offer me a little more so i can stay

i reckon a performance like last night would get him closer to satying than going .... he'll get a massive ear bashing about how great he is for his team now .... rusty is a top line actor, he can put it all on when he needs to

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
OR what he said could say, I'd like souths to offer me a little more so i can stay

i reckon a performance like last night would get him closer to satying than going .... he'll get a massive ear bashing about how great he is for his team now .... rusty is a top line actor, he can put it all on when he needs to

I believe the problem is Souths cannot legally under the cap give Sandow a much better offer then they have already given him, thus the emotional black mail souths are doing in the media.

natheel

Coach
If that's the game souths want to play then it's a pretty harsh one on sandow. He's a young father who has to do what's right by his family

Avenger

Immortal

You sound like Fishy changing his mind on Gillard. :D

strider

Post Whore
i don't really understand ppl getting all up in arms about Souths trying to work the situation their way - its what happens .... do you think parra don't do the same things?

sandow's play last night was great .... i'm still rather hung up on him being a dickhead tho

True EEL

Bench
and i agree with most of you guys this morning, Souths are really trying to pull at the heart strings with him to stay, and last night's game will only make that worse...

the whole family thing from Richo was pathetic, and like many have said, ask Beau Champion about the family club.....lol, what a joke

but let's look at their last couple of contracts, they had to punt Champion to eventually fit Inglis in and not be rorting, they couldn't get Issc Luke's contract sanctioned or they might be rorting.....AND now they have re-signed Sutton (rolls eyes) and Merritt to what would have to be pretty solid deals.....

so with those considerations, plus players like Taylor, Burgess, Asotasi, Crocker, etc....i don't see how they could possibly and legally offer Sandow much....??