What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

True EEL

Bench
i don't really understand ppl getting all up in arms about Souths trying to work the situation their way - its what happens .... do you think parra don't do the same things?

sandow's play last night was great .... i'm still rather hung up on him being a dickhead tho

ha ha that's exactly how i feel about him....:lol:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
i don't really understand ppl getting all up in arms about Souths trying to work the situation their way - its what happens .... do you think parra don't do the same things?

sandow's play last night was great .... i'm still rather hung up on him being a dickhead tho

We never played it out in the media, eg never saw any quotes in the media talking about what we have done for Kelly before he signed with the sharks, or the help Hayne got when considering offers from Souths and AFL. Souths are using the media as emotional black mail in the media to get Sandow to resign.

caylo

Bench
Just on a side not, no NRL contract will be registered until round 13 and if Sandow signs a contract before hand Souths still have the ability to counter offer and retain him.

So essentially any contract Sandow signs before round 13 is useless and may be why we are hearing that he has agreed to terms but not signed anything yet. I would suggest come round 14 we may confirm a few signing.

strider

Post Whore
We never played it out in the media, eg never saw any quotes in the media talking about what we have done for Kelly before he signed with the sharks, or the help Hayne got when considering offers from Souths and AFL. Souths are using the media as emotional black mail in the media to get Sandow to resign.
Kelly was an U20 NYC player - the media never gave a shit to bother writing stories about him - 90% of league fans never even knew of his existance - only parra fans had hopes

TheParraboy

Staff member
Good on lil Sandow, contract time and he is stepping up, perfect timing for the little pocket rocket

Souths are probably looking to exhaust all avenues to better the eels deal and asked Sandow not to rush into his decision for a couple of weeks. I think this is Asotasi's last year, and Crocker wont be along much after that. So they may be looking to back end a deal for lil Sandow

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just on a side not, no NRL contract will be registered until round 13 and if Sandow signs a contract before hand Souths still have the ability to counter offer and retain him.

So essentially any contract Sandow signs before round 13 is useless and may be why we are hearing that he has agreed to terms but not signed anything yet. I would suggest come round 14 we may confirm a few signing.

Thats kinda weird, so it must work in reverse as well

If Sandow signed with us in rd 1 for example, then next dozen rounds he plays like a busted sock, Then eels can withdraw the contract, as long as its prior rd 13?

caylo

Bench
Thats kinda weird, so it must work in reverse as well

If Sandow signed with us in rd 1 for example, then next dozen rounds he plays like a busted sock, Then eels can withdraw the contract, as long as its prior rd 13?

I think the rule was brought in to protect the player current club.

Now I can't claim to be an expert but the I think it works in the following:

If club we sign Sandow today to $X, Sandow can then go back to souths and inform them and until round 13 Souths (and only souths) can make a counter offer and have it registered before round 13 essentially trumping our offer.

If Sandow stays unsigned until after round 13 he can still inform souths of our offer but be privileged to offers from other clubs. So it would be in Sandows best interest to not sign anything until after round 13 in case another club decided to join the race.

Kornstar

Coach
Or he could just sign and state that not only does the Eels offer make him happy but he also likes the direction that the club is heading and the facilities are great etc.

Leaving your options open till the 11th hour doesn't exactly inspire me much for any incoming player!

Happy for players to explore options etc. but hoping someone else will come up with a better offer and not signing shortly after agreeing to terms doesn't instill me with much confidence that said player actually wants to play for my club......

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or he could just sign and state that not only does the Eels offer make him happy but he also likes the direction that the club is heading and the facilities are great etc.

Maybe he could bring some rainbows and moonbeams with him?

Leaving your options open till the 11th hour doesn't exactly inspire me much for any incoming player!

Happy for players to explore options etc. but hoping someone else will come up with a better offer and not signing shortly after agreeing to terms doesn't instill me with much confidence that said player actually wants to play for my club......

Why should he want to play for our club specifically? So far his sole experience of the Parramatta Eels is of an opposition team.

Sandow's in great form at just the right time (for him). He's hot property and he's in the driver's seat. If I was him I'd be looking for the best deal as well. He's not a f**king charity.

caylo

Bench
Why should he want to play for our club specifically? So far his sole experience of the Parramatta Eels is of an opposition team.

Sandow's in great form at just the right time (for him). He's hot property and he's in the driver's seat. If I was him I'd be looking for the best deal as well. He's not a f**king charity.

That is the truth unfortunately

the reality is if we sign someone it will be because of $$. Poore didnt want to leave St George but we offered about 50-80K more a season and that is why he is here. From all reports he loves the place now and he has played well but I highly doubt he was passionate about parramatta before he came here.

If we get Sandow I'm sure he will play physically and passionately as he would at souths but I don't expect him to take a paycut to come here.

Kornstar

Coach
Maybe he could bring some rainbows and moonbeams with him?

You are missing the point but I would expect nothing else of you......

Eels Dude

Coach

Not quite 100% correct. The contract CAN be registered with the NRL as long as they have permission from that player's current club.

Galeforce

Bench
funniest thing i have read , thinking Sandow would take a Paycut to go to Eels

haw haw haw

i would think Hayne would love a paycut to go to Souths at the moment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You are missing the point but I would expect nothing else of you......

So what's your point smarty pants?

If we want to sign players from other clubs all we can offer is opportunity or money.

Sandow already has the opportunity to play first grade at his current club. That just leaves money as an enticement.

If you're saying we should only sign players who bleed blue and gold then that just leaves local juniors and they're really not that f**king great despite people banging on about our vaunted junior nursery.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think the rule was brought in to protect the player current club.

Now I can't claim to be an expert but the I think it works in the following:

If club we sign Sandow today to $X, Sandow can then go back to souths and inform them and until round 13 Souths (and only souths) can make a counter offer and have it registered before round 13 essentially trumping our offer.

If Sandow stays unsigned until after round 13 he can still inform souths of our offer but be privileged to offers from other clubs. So it would be in Sandows best interest to not sign anything until after round 13 in case another club decided to join the race.

fair enough

if he does come, hopefully we havent signed another Dykes, who was playing out of his skin the year before he joined Parra, won dally m 5/8th of the year if im not wrong