What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

bartman

Immortal
I just voted yes.

But I hope that he's not partnered with Morts or Hayne if he comes. Imo Sandow needs the balance of someone more solid like Robson, and let the flashier guys chime in from elsewhere in attack.

Brad Murray? Pfft. Wasn't he even dropped down a grade at Wenty in recent weeks?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Any news anyone ? seems a few south posters think he has now signed with the eels

Consider the way the eels are going, once the Sandow opera is finished I think I may be on a downer for a few days.

I rate him as a player but there's a few things he needs to get out of his game. His rushing out of the line to put shoulder charges on often results in him missing and opening up a hole for the attack to run through. Also his celebrating before even scoring a try shows a bit of arrogance which while ok, he should keep that until he actually grounds the ball.

Arrogance is Dave Taylor throwing the ball onto his opponent after scoring a try. Celebrating beforehand is silly but certainly not arrogant. Anyway to not want a halfback for the above reasons is crossing the border of being completely geniused. Both of those things are easily corrected. Good young halfbacks are in big demand and short supply. And Parramatta clearly are a side desperately looking for some halves.

Eels Dude

Coach
Arrogance is Dave Taylor throwing the ball onto his opponent after scoring a try. Celebrating beforehand is silly but certainly not arrogant. Anyway to not want a halfback for the above reasons is crossing the border of being completely geniused. Both of those things are easily corrected. Good young halfbacks are in big demand and short supply. And Parramatta clearly are a side desperately looking for some halves.

Asi I clearly said before I do want Sandow... would love it if we signed him. But he needs to get things like that out of his game. He's not a park footballer he is a pro. He just needs to mature a bit and i'd like to think that will happen.

Loudstrat

Coach
Welcome back Loudstrat. Good to see you in the eels forum.
You'll have to pardon sone of my friends in here, they sometimes like to give it to the newcomers. But once you get to know them they are very nice people.
:lol: Thank you ME. I must say, you are looking gorgeous these days!

And it's great to be back - as you can see. As Staggers will tell you, I spent time recently as a Manly supporter, but my liver couldn't handle it.

Jodecai and I are going to pick up Sandow this arvo and show him around his new home ground. I have a few Strongbows hidden in the back of the Thornett stand - a bit of a welcome for the little bloke - let him feel the love we share out here!

What time are we picking him up again Jodecai?

:lol: Thank you ME. I must say, you are looking gorgeous these days!

And it's great to be back - as you can see. As Staggers will tell you, I spent time recently as a Manly supporter, but my liver couldn't handle it.

Jodecai and I are going to pick up Sandow this arvo and show him around his new home ground. I have a few Strongbows hidden in the back of the Thornett stand - a bit of a welcome for the little bloke - let him feel the love we share out here!

What time are we picking him up again Jodecai?

It's Jodeci you dick!!

if sandow falls through i reckon we should make a bid for dave taylor he has a better kicking game than robson

Stagger eel

Staff member
If this was America and we had trading in sport (as we should) I'd trade him for Fui we need a prop.

if this was a fair and equal playing field we'd spend up to our cap as other clubs have, but I guess that's another story

Eels Dude

Coach
It is mate because the cap is supposed to force clubs to release players.

Every club lost players at the end of last year, the fact we didn't sign any of the quality off contract players at the time is not the fault of the other clubs in the competition.

SDM

First Grade
Dont you bastards realise that Sandow will not sign until more than 50% of us say we want him, 3 more people need to vote yes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If that's the case, then is it justiable in your opinion that we have the current squad we do?

What other option did we have?

Keep players with shit attitudes at the club just because they have talent? That's a bandaid solution.

We were better off doing what we've done. Short term pain.

Eels Dude

Coach
What other option did we have?

Keep players with shit attitudes at the club just because they have talent? That's a bandaid solution.

We were better off doing what we've done. Short term pain.

Not disagreeing with you. Just putting the point out there as to why we have a poor squad this season, which a lot of people are blaming our poor performances on.