What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

eel01s

Bench
I'd like for us to set the bar a little higher than Sandow.
Weidler just reported a million $ offer from the Eels for Sandow.
No thanks. Not at that price.

Suity

This is crunch time for PO and SK. If Sandow is the best we can hope for, then we are in deep doo doo.

What about all the Cronk talk last year. The story went that Cronk had agreed to join us for 2011, but the Storm refused his release. He supposedly has a get out clause for next season.

Has he changed his mind? Was it all bulls*** last year? Why aren't we offering what he wants to trigger the clause, if it is possible?

Why on earth would we commit to Sandow for 3 YEARS??? I know he is better than what we have now, but 3 years?

What happened to the much touted drawing power of SK (you know, how players want to play for him)? Unless we can sign a Cronk, Blair or some other top level player for next season we are kidding ourselves. It is all well and good to sign promising young talent, but we need some experienced top quality guys to build the team around.

The Colonel

Immortal
Who else do you suggest that we sign that is off contract?

Ben Hunt, Luke Kelly, Jordan Rankin, James Maloney, Liam Foran or Isaac John. Cheaper and with a little less experience but surely amongst them we could find one better than Sandow.

The player to get would be whoever Souths are signing to replace Sandow.....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gee, we have something like 600k left over for this season and people are complainting that we shoudn't spent to much on a halfback. Give the current eels side a decent half and a quality centre and we would be a lot better side.

We all agree we need a halfback, so lets be serious and sign one of the best out there on the current market in Sandow. Sandow has more skills then Robson could dream of. I don't really care what he costs, if Kearney wants him who cares if we spend 200k on him or 350k on him, what is 150k overall in a season. Also don't forget some of the resigning of current eels players may include some front loading for this season.

-I rate Sandow the kid has skills just needs some good coaching. Lets not forget the kid is only 21 YEARS OLD, he is 22 until September. For a kid so young he has done pretty good in a souths side that really has no idea
- In all seriousness who is the better player, Hodkingson or Sandow. I would Sandow has achieved more then Hodkingson or is on par with him but Sadnow has a lot more skills. Most on here would want Hodkingson but disregard Sandow. Also DO MOST PEOPLE ON HERE realise Sandow is a year younger then Hodkingson
- People on here want Cooper Gronk, while they would be great it wont happen. Also I say Sadnow is a better halfback then Cooper was at 21
- Sometines we need to take a chance Sandow can kick, pass, running the ball and has no fear in defence, but the main thing is he is also young so he has pretty of improvement
- Also on Maloney - he aren't that good, gee people want to sign him but he can't make halfback with his side, he is playing 5/8 this week

We need a halfback and Sandow without even playing a game would be one of our better halves in the last decade. I think people are basing their opinion on Sandow on his cockeness on the field and the couple of stupid things he has done off the field. I wonder if he was quiet on and off the field would everyone have a difference opinion of him.

Last edited:

The Colonel

Immortal
Sandow does nit have the mental toughness to be able to lead the team around the park. He's erratic and has no vision.

Can I get an alleluia and an a-f**king-men..

For 350,000 a year we could sign Hunt, Luke Kelly and throw in Harry Seijka and be in front.

Parraren

Bench
The problem with Sandow is he needs a good steady mentor outside him at 5/8 or we'll see the same brain explosions he dishes up for Souths.

Problem is there aren't too many good 5/8's going around let alone off contract.

He is atleast a genuine halfback but geez it's a massive gamble.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Ben Hunt, Luke Kelly, Jordan Rankin, James Maloney, Liam Foran or Isaac John. Cheaper and with a little less experience but surely amongst them we could find one better than Sandow.

The player to get would be whoever Souths are signing to replace Sandow.....

that is the problem we can no longer afford to take a chance on a rookie, we need to sign an experience halback. And Maloney is over rated

The Colonel

Immortal
that is the problem we can no longer afford to take a chance on a rookie, we need to sign an experience halback. And Maloney is over rated

So we take a chance on a player who struggles behind one of the best forward packs in the NRL? The fact you rate Sandow and dislike Maloney speaks volumes......

Sandow for three years is a bigger gamble than any of Hunt, Maloney or Kelly combined.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd sign him, he'll be much better guided at our club and he's better than what we have now.