What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hunt and Kelly must not be any good anyway, I don't see many clubs trying to sign them. Also on Kelly he was the third option for 5/8 at the Storm this year behind Blair (he was first option but was injured before the 1st round), Widdop was second, then Kelly. So maybe he aren't that good (please note I have not seen him play)

Sugar

Bench
I would hate to lose Sandow.
He has been one of our best this year and after sticking with him for 2 years he is starting to impress

He's young, full of ticker,good kicking game(still a touch inconsistant), defence is rapidly improving and will only get better in years to come - future rep player

andrew057

First Grade
1mil over 3 years makes me f**kin sick.

Ok fair enough some people would like him at the club, because hes such a huge improvement on what the Eels currently have.

But at 333k a season? Give me a break, this would be one of the worst contracts in the NRL since the Mortimer deal.

*Annxiously waiting for media reports in coming weeks that Mortimer has been locked up with a 3 year extension to form the halves pairing that every club envy's".

fish eel

Immortal
LOL.

Anyway, I'm sure you noted that I stated not that long ago that we should be raising the bar and aiming higher than Sandow.

Suity

We'd all like to aim higher and get an elite half, but who is available? (and yes, I though you were smarter than to fall foe weidlers million dollar line!)

yy_cheng

Coach
Ben Hunt, Luke Kelly, Jordan Rankin, James Maloney, Liam Foran or Isaac John. Cheaper and with a little less experience but surely amongst them we could find one better than Sandow.

The player to get would be whoever Souths are signing to replace Sandow.....

Why are we splitting up our Grand Final halves? The halves who we have been grooming over the last 3 years !!!!!!

As for Souths, would they put Isaac Luke at half?

Avenger

Immortal
We'd all like to aim higher and get an elite half, but who is available? (and yes, I though you were smarter than to fall foe weidlers million dollar line!)
I agree with my lefty mate. I do rate Maloney. I however must admit that I have not seen Hunt or Kelly play, so I cannot comment.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why are we splitting up our Grand Final halves? The halves who we have been grooming over the last 3 years !!!!!!

As for Souths, would they put Isaac Luke at half?

They probably would have to. After backloading deals for Burgess and Inglis, and the re-signings of Luke and today Sutton and Merritt they probably don't have the salary cap space to retain any more of their off contract players.

Suitman

Post Whore

I didn't fall for anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if our recruitment staff were that desperate.

Who's available? Cooper is.

Suity

Last edited:

scottyeel

Bench
I would hate to lose Sandow.
He has been one of our best this year and after sticking with him for 2 years he is starting to impress

He's young, full of ticker,good kicking game(still a touch inconsistant), defence is rapidly improving and will only get better in years to come - future rep player
Well said mate, but some people can't see that past the grubbiness and ego he tends to display on the field.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Whether we agree or disagree the Eels should sign Sandow, let face the fact if we do sign him, none of us will know until well into next years season whether it was the right thing to do or not. If may be a master stroke and fix our half problems or it could turn bad - we just don't know

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Even at 250,000 a year Sandow is too expensive.....

Too expensive for what mate? Is it just that you don't like him and don't want him earning that much money?

$250k isn't much for a halfback. The top-line halves are on twice that, and Sandow's better than half as good as them.

As a few people have pointed out, Sandow has enough talent that he could be an instant success next year. None of the other young halves mentioned offer that possibility - they're likely to become just another Brad Murray.

spartan2153

Juniors
f**k you are so incomprehensibly stupid.

lol

truth hurts doesnt it.

U melons cant cop the fact that if they were good enough for 1 coach they should be good enough for the imposter in charge. My tip for kearney is to bring in bennet for a pep talk. It worked for him when he won his 2 cups for the kiwis.