What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Jamie Lyon at Parramatta?

Do you want Jamie Lyon back in the Blue and Gold?

• Yes

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Depends on the circumstances of his return

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
I'd take his willingness to come back to Parramatta as a positive sign

Or you could take it as a sign the money isn't that good elsewhere.

As you've said too many ifs and buts.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
He's done it before, but thats right you don't judge on past mistakes? Yet players like Burt and Graham are continually judged on their past....

They've been given plenty of chances.
Jamie hasn't been given any.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
I think the club needs to invest in one of these

crystal%20ball.JPG

and maybe some of these

Spanish%20Tarot%20Cards.jpg

and a decent Gypsy who can tell us what it all means and what will happen.

Skinny%20gypsies%20-%20ec.jpg

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:

As you've said too many ifs and buts.

well we all know the money is better in england, so if he was purely motivated by coin, wouldnt he stay there?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The Colonel said:

Be real Colonel, Souths and Canberra have already said they have big money to spend and are after him. Manly will pay him well, as will the other 5 clubs rumoured to be after him. St. Helens are also working on one of the biggest offers in history in order to retain him, Sculthorpe could be released to keep Jamie Lyon at the club.

If he comes back, I'd guarantee it wouldn't be just because of money because there's no way Parra's offer will be the biggest.

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
I think the club needs to invest in one of these

crystal%20ball.JPG

and maybe some of these

Spanish%20Tarot%20Cards.jpg

and a decent Gypsy who can tell us what it all means and what will happen.

Skinny%20gypsies%20-%20ec.jpg

:lol: :lol:

That would help us all.
And we might be able to get the lotto numbers.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
How many premierships has he bought us and St Helens? He was in the 2001 side, he had a chance and didn't! I know he was younger, but he was still there and he wasn't even our best player that night either!!!

I do not argue that he isn't great, cause he is. He is definitely one of the best players in the world, it doesn't mean he will bring us a premiership!

I know we can't keep all juniors and we won't, i just really don't want to lose Delaney, Inu and Hayne, those 3 are the ones that i really want.

As Colonel said, they may see Lyon coming as a sign that they are not wanted and may head somewhere else.......and that is what will dissapoint me.

On the other hand i can see where everyone who wants him is coming from, i just do not think we NEED him.....he isn't Andrew Johns

I thought Jamie was close to our best in the 2001 Grand Final...Oh well...

Our odds improve significantly, as far as I'm concerned, with him in the team to win. He is CLASS.

Whether he plays 5/8 or centre, he is CLASS. For our regular First Grade centres, the only one with actual on-field CLASS is Tahu. I love Benny and Brett Delaney, but they don't have that je ne sais quois that makes Tahu and Lyon so amazing to watch.

And as far as regular First Grade 5/8's go, I'm sure Lyon has more CLASS than Johnny. This is not Johnny's fault - he is a utility player, and a damn good one.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Its all about chances then and not past mistakes?

I don't understand Colonel.

If you are saying that about Jamie, why don't you say that about Luke and Ash?

Can I just say, that all I have ever said is that I think Jamie should be given a chance to atone for his previous misdemeanour.
If you don't agree with that, fine.

As the poll suggests some of you do, some of you don't.

I'm happy with that.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
Be real Colonel, Souths and Canberra have already said they have big money to spend and are after him.

Manly will pay him well, as will the other 5 clubs rumoured to be after him.

St. Helens are also working on one of the biggest offers in history in order to retain him, Sculthorpe could be released to keep Jamie Lyon at the club.

If he comes back, I'd guarantee it wouldn't be just because of money because there's no way Parra's offer will be the biggest.

I take your point but realistically how many big name players are interested in Canberra and Souths. It isn't necessarily a money issue with them. Money looks like forcing Menzies out of Manly.

Suitman said:
:lol: :lol:

That would help us all.
And we might be able to get the lotto numbers.

Suity

Divination is such a Wolley discipline.

I am sure I can Divine a set of numbers that will win some lottery, around the world. Sometime in the future.

As for the Tarot Cards, that's a full house, I would have expected everyone at the table to drop dead.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
Be real Colonel, Souths and Canberra have already said they have big money to spend and are after him. Manly will pay him well, as will the other 5 clubs rumoured to be after him. St. Helens are also working on one of the biggest offers in history in order to retain him, Sculthorpe could be released to keep Jamie Lyon at the club.

and if he chooses one of those clubs that you've mentioned ahead of us what would your opinion be of him then?

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
I don't understand Colonel.

You said you weren't judging on past mistakes yet players like Ash or Burt are continually judged on past mistakes, by you and others, regardless of how they performed.

I'm all for a chance being given. I'd rather that chance be given heavily in our favour so as not to see a repeat. Because chances are, like Burt and Graham, that he may stuff up again.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eelavation said:
and if he chooses one of those clubs that you've mentioned ahead of us what would your opinion be of him then?

It won't change a bit. My opinion of him is he's a class player who has been unfairly treated by the media and (some) Parramatta fans who refuse to consider he may have been the victim. I'd love to see him back at the Eels, but if he can get his NRL career back on track with another club then good on him, I'd wish him all the best.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
I'm all for a chance being given. I'd rather that chance be given heavily in our favour so as not to see a repeat. Because chances are, like Burt and Graham, that he may stuff up again.

Colonel, I think you are drawing a long bow.

I mean, a crap player is a crap player is a crap player. One can try harder, but is still a crap player.

But people make choices in life. Some good, some bad. And sometimes, people grow up, circumstances change, and they change.

I really dont think a comparison between on field mistakes and off field mistakes is a valid one.

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:

I mean, a crap player is a crap player is a crap player. One can try harder, but is still a crap player.

But people make choices in life. Some good, some bad. And sometimes, people grow up, circumstances change, and they change.

I really dont think a comparison between on field mistakes and off field mistakes is a valid one.

My argument too.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:

I don't consider, like some, Burt and Graham to be crap. Every player makes mistakes - Hindy has made quite a few this year. They've both played a fair amount of football at a first grade level - doesn't necessarily mean they are crap.

As I've said he has made the mistake once........ I'm not so confident he won't do it again like many are when it comes to Burt and Graham. Some people grow up, some don't..... I'm yet to see the same evidence others are seeing that he has.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
I don't consider, like some, Burt and Graham to be crap. Every player makes mistakes - Hindy has made quite a few this year. They've both played a fair amount of football at a first grade level - doesn't necessarily mean they are crap.

As I've said he has made the mistake once........ I'm not so confident he won't do it again like many are when it comes to Burt and Graham.

and I'm not having a shot at either Burt or Graham. they just happened to be the players you mentioned.

I just dont believe its a valid comparison you are making.....I think its a long bow.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
and I'm not having a shot at either Burt or Graham. they just happened to be the players you mentioned.

I just dont believe its a valid comparison you are making.....I think its a long bow.

Maybe. You have yours, I have mine. Hopefully we don't have to worry about it.

Latest posts