What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Jamie Lyon at Parramatta?

Do you want Jamie Lyon back in the Blue and Gold?

• Yes

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Depends on the circumstances of his return

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:
God forgives, Parra Pete doesn't....Forget him.... He walked out on his mates, and put the Club up to ridicule. How can you forgive that????

I really, really, do not understand that attitude, but it is your opinion, so I respect it.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
For all you know, Brian Smith could have been completely at fault.

Then if that was the case why deny it? Come out and say if Brian was the problem. Whenever it has been suggested he denies it. Either he isn't sure or he was poorly advised.....

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
_goParra said:
If Brain Smith was the problem, why did he go to a Manly game and pose with their jersey. Also what proof do we have that BS was the reason... NONE

What proof do you have that he wasn't the reason... NONE

I didn't accuse Brian Smith of anything, I just think it's unfair to judge Jamie when not one of us knows the circumstances behind it. You can just as easily flip the coin and say Brian was at fault, but nobody is even considering that may be the case.

The Manly incident, OK I can't explain that other than I really think Cleal had him practically brainwashed. He's not the same person he was in 2004, the time in St. Helens has changed him. He's playing his best ever football and I can't see why people aren't willing to let him have a chance. Not that my opinion or yours matter in the big picture, it's really up to Hagan, Fitzy and Jamie.

Suitman

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
I'm not Smith bashing.

I'm saying that people can sit here and hate Jamie for what happened and not one person even considers that Smithy might be at fault. It's all "f**k you Lyon you little sh*t" etc. which is pathetic because all he was doing is looking out for himself and I don't blame him.

And for the record, I don't hate Brian Smith, I respect him for what he's done for our club. I merely think he's been here too long.

Read your PM's.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Get your facts right Colonel.
I have never said that.

Suity

Alright - if he comes and things aren't the way he wants them to be, in your opinion will he walk or stay?

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
What proof do you have that he wasn't the reason... NONE

I didn't accuse Brian Smith of anything, I just think it's unfair to judge Jamie when not one of us knows the circumstances behind it. You can just as easily flip the coin and say Brian was at fault, but nobody is even considering that may be the case.

The Manly incident, OK I can't explain that other than I really think Cleal had him practically brainwashed. He's not the same person he was in 2004, the time in St. Helens has changed him. He's playing his best ever football and I can't see why people aren't willing to let him have a chance. Not that my opinion or yours matter in the big picture, it's really up to Hagan, Fitzy and Jamie.

and you can probably add a couple of blokes from our playing staff..

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Alright - if he comes and things aren't the way he wants them to be, in your opinion will he walk or stay?

That is a most rediculous question.
How would I know?

One thing I do know is that I am not going to judge him on his past.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
He has stayed at St Helens........I'm sure everything there isnt exactly how he wants it.

forward pass

Coach
The Colonel said:

I can't imagine he would ever do that again!! We would look like a complete and utter goose !

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
That is a most rediculous question.
How would I know?

One thing I do know is that I am not going to judge him on his past.

Suity

Don't skirt the question.

Ridiculous? Hardly. In this case he has already walked out once. Will he do it again if things don't go his way? Yes or No. History suggests that to be the case......

People are already making assumptions that his time in St Helens has changed him. How different is that to any of my opinion?

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
He has stayed at St Helens........I'm sure everything there isnt exactly how he wants it.

You could also argue the only reason he stayed was because he couldn't go where he really wanted to.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Ridiculous? Hardly. In this case he has already walked out once. Will he do it again? Yes or No.

Don't skirt the question.

Still ridiculous.
I answered the question. I wouldn't have a f**king clue.

If you want to know the answer, ask Jamie, because frankly, I don't think you'd know either.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Still ridiculous.
I answered the question. I wouldn't have a f**king clue.

If you want to know the answer, ask Jamie, because frankly, I don't think you'd know either.

Suity

The clues are already there Suity.....

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
People are already making assumptions that his time in St Helens has changed him. How different is that to any of my opinion?

That was a conveniently edited post.

Ask the people who are saying that.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
You could also argue the only reason he stayed was because he couldn't go where he really wanted to.

well, he could have gone home and put his feet up for a couple of years.

To many ifs buts could counldnts in my view.

If he comes back, which I think the odds are still long on, I'd take his willingness to come back to Parramatta as a positive sign and will judge him on his future actions.

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
So you already know that he would if he could?

Suity

He's done it before, but thats right you don't judge on past mistakes? Yet players like Burt and Graham are continually judged on their past....

Latest posts