What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Jamie Lyon at Parramatta?

Do you want Jamie Lyon back in the Blue and Gold?

• Yes

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Depends on the circumstances of his return

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

Sean7

Juniors
I want Parramatta to win the competition. Jamie Lyon could be a key player in making that a reality. He is class.

I don't know all the circumstances that led to him leaving and he could have handled it better whatever they (the circumstances) happened to be. In the end: s#$t happens and if he came back and gave us his all then of course I want him back. How could there be any other response?

I'm past the liar liar pants on fire stage.

eelsta

Bench
:eek: I said yes mainly so manly can't have him

However i am still very sceptical of his motives

hybrideel

Bench
How do any of us know that he can still perform in the NRL? i mean say he comes back to us next year, he will have had a couple of bush games and 2 years in the ESL which if anyone knows how different that is and superstarts in the ESL aren't necessarily going to be like that in the NRL (Chris Thorman). All i hear here is how he is all class but how do we know. I mean he was a great player for us a few years ago but do you really think that a few years playing in a much easier competition is going to make him a better player?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
hybrideel said:
How do any of us know that he can still perform in the NRL? i mean say he comes back to us next year, he will have had a couple of bush games and 2 years in the ESL which if anyone knows how different that is and superstarts in the ESL aren't necessarily going to be like that in the NRL (Chris Thorman). All i hear here is how he is all class but how do we know. I mean he was a great player for us a few years ago but do you really think that a few years playing in a much easier competition is going to make him a better player?

It's improved his confidence. He's the Andrew Johns of the ESL, the player who gets the most attention from the opposition but they still can't stop him. He's so far ahead of every player in the ESL it just isn't funny. You really need to watch him to see exactly what I mean though.

It would take him about a month to settle back into the NRL, with a good half playing inside him giving him the ball he'll show the form he had in 2001 / '02, I have no doubt about it.

Kornstar

Coach
yy_cheng said:
Suity, wasn't there a carpenter in your PL team you could've promoted?

This went by without a mention, this is pure classic, i burst out in laughter at work when i read this......very funny

On topic, Tahu has more chance of bringing us a premiership seeing as he is the only person in our team that has been in a premiership winning team and even though he tried damn hard in the Prelim last year, at centre he was never going to win us that game by himself and same goes for Jamie.

If Lyon wins the S/L GF this year with St Helens at 5/8th then he maybe the answer, but seeing as he plays most weeks at centre i would suggest that maybe Daniel Anderson is under the impression his best position is centre..........just a thought......

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Kornstar said:
If Lyon wins the S/L GF this year with St Helens at 5/8th then he maybe the answer, but seeing as he plays most weeks at centre i would suggest that maybe Daniel Anderson is under the impression his best position is centre..........just a thought......

Or maybe because they signed Leon Pryce to play five-eighth may be the reason...

He controls the game from centre anyway, going by your post I don't think you watch the ESL much, or at all.

forward pass

Coach
Some of you make out like Jamie Lyon killed a member of your family or something. He couldn't cope with a few things and needed to get away for a while. It happens all the time.

I was as pissed as anyone at the time but time to get over it. Lets see if you guys feel the same way if he is wearing a Manly jersey and he carves us up!! I would much rather he is with us - not against us.

fish eel said:
But people make choices in life. Some good, some bad. And sometimes, people grow up, circumstances change, and they change.

My concern is that the leopard hasn't changed its spots and I would rather not go down that path again.

forward pass said:
Some of you make out like Jamie Lyon killed a member of your family or something. He couldn't cope with a few things and needed to get away for a while. It happens all the time.

I was as pissed as anyone at the time but time to get over it. Lets see if you guys feel the same way if he is wearing a Manly jersey and he carves us up!! I would much rather he is with us - not against us.

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Decisions were made...he has to live with them as will we if he goes to another NRL club and carves us up. Couldn't give a rats arse to be quite honest.

Suitman said:
But you are assuming that he won't give us that after making one life mistake.

Suity

assume....it's a key word isn't mate.

I would rather cut him loose and progress on the path we are on now than to revisit that one path, start going down it once again and have to relearn the past once again based on my assumption.

Parra Guru

Coach
Why is it that every person who voted 'No' has to sit here all day and justify their opinions to all the people who voted 'yes'??

I have not once questioned why people would vote yes, but explained why I'm voting no, and it looks to me like every person on here who doesn't want Lyon back is being bombarded with cr#p about why their opinion is wrong.

I won't 'get over it' because the fact is that in my opinion JAMIE LYON IS A SELL OUT and as _goParra mentioned, the everlasting image in my mind of that tool draped in a Manly Jersey after walking out on us is enough for me not to 'forgive and forget'.

I couldn't give a sh*t who he plays for, as long as it's not for Parra. He doesn't deserve a mortgage on the spot when there are young blokes capable and KEEN to play in the Blue and Gold.

I hope he goes to Manly so I can proudly lead the cheer "Jamie's a w*nker" from the terrace next season.

Suitman

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
assume....it's a key word isn't mate.

I would rather cut him loose and progress on the path we are on now than to revisit that one path, start going down it once again and have to relearn the past once again based on my assumption.

Fair enough mate.
That's your perogotive and I respect that.

I'd give him a second chance. Counselling maybe. Just see where he was coming from . Do whatever I could to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
Why is it that every person who voted 'No' has to sit here all day and justify their opinions to all the people who voted 'yes'??

I have not once questioned why people would vote yes, but explained why I'm voting no, and it looks to me like every person on here who doesn't want Lyon back is being bombarded with cr#p about why their opinion is wrong.

I won't 'get over it' because the fact is that in my opinion JAMIE LYON IS A SELL OUT and as _goParra mentioned, the everlasting image in my mind of that tool draped in a Manly Jersey after walking out on us is enough for me not to 'forgive and forget'.

I couldn't give a sh*t who he plays for, as long as it's not for Parra. He doesn't deserve a mortgage on the spot when there are young blokes capable and KEEN to play in the Blue and Gold.

I hope he goes to Manly so I can proudly lead the cheer "Jamie's a w*nker" from the terrace next season.

Don't worry PG, if he pulled on that Manly jersey, I'd be standing right next to you.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
IF Jamie came back to us and played, and followed with all the inevitable fanfare (including apologies)...

Would he be accepted and cheered like any other Eel? Or would people (I'm not pointing the finger at anyone) feel, "Meh - he's an Eel, but also a w*****. Good on him for scoring," ?

Latest posts