What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know anything about Hindmarsh?

dazeely

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Sorry guys, my friend was on my computer and he was stirring sh*t up it seems. :lol:

all good . have another beer. hindy deserves better.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Man Im devasted if Hindy is out for the year :x

If there is an upside it actually may bond the guys closer to win it this year.

And since we will basically have the same squad next year, Hopefully getting Hindy in grand final will be motivating for the players in 06 as well

Hopefully its all good :D

nöyd

Staff member
Don't think for one minute that I'm comparing players here but other clubs throughout the years have had to go through a finals series without an impact player and still came out on top.

The Bulldogs last year without Price and Canberra in the 90's without Lomax instantly spring to mind. I'm sure if Hurri was here he'd have a list as long as your arm of clubs that have won premierships without a key player(s).

All this does is up the stakes and test our depth (if he is in fact gone for the rest of the season)

nöyd

Staff member
We would struggle more if Timmy got seriously injured (God forbid) IMO

junior009

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Even if we won the premiership without him it would still be awful to see him not out there. Seeing him crying on the sidelines after the 2001 Final was pretty horrible and if he missed out on a GF win then he'd be feeling pretty ordinary.

That's exactly how I felt...it happened right in front of me and my heart sank immediately. I think we can win without him, but I couldn't stand it if we did!!!!

As stupid as that sounds!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
On Hindy

THe injury appears to be one that will keep him out until the GRand Final

but assuming Parra finish 1st

then dust the team coming 8th which they should be able to do even without Hindmarsh.

They are then only 1 win away from the GF and Hindy being Hindy may even return then.

Dragons Cross

Juniors
You guys will be alright, you have great depth to cover for him. He's a huge loss don't get me wrong but League is a 17 man game not one.

I still expect to meet you guys in the big one.

bartman

Immortal
Looks that way DC, looks that way...

And what price Smith naming Hindmarsh in jersey 18 and leaving everyone guessing right up until grand final kickoff?

Glenn

First Grade
A Glimmer of hope from Widders courtesy of 2UE, it is the Posterior Cruciate Ligimate that is damaged, and a possibility with strapping will be right for next week :)

Agent Mulder

Bench
Glenn said:
A Glimmer of hope from Widders courtesy of 2UE, it is the Posterior Cruciate Ligimate that is damaged, and a possibility with strapping will be right for next week :)

I Hope he is right.

Risky_6

Juniors
Didnt you guys roll the Cowboys 50-12 without Hindmarsh?

No doubt Parra have the points in them, its just others have to pull their weight and make up for Hindmarsh's workload.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Risky_6 said:
Didnt you guys roll the Cowboys 50-12 without Hindmarsh?

No doubt Parra have the points in them, its just others have to pull their weight and make up for Hindmarsh's workload.

He played, Im not saying we are a one man team as we have won all our games without Hindmarsh this year, But i just think the team stays together better when he is out there, We can still win the GF without him.

Glenn

First Grade
Very true, as Brian Smith has said he has built the team so they don't rely on one player.
Anytime you lose a SOO/Australian Rep player it will hurt, but in this case not the end of the world

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Glenn said:

I don't think Smithy will risk him next week, even if he is right to play. It's not an elimination match and if we win, it means he has an extra 2 weeks to get it stronger for the prelim.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
We should have put a big score on them last time we played too. They make me nervous the Roosters, even more than the Dragons to be honest. They ALWAYS turn up for Parra.

Latest posts